Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 12th, 2017, 11:33 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

The formatting on these is crazy so they might be playtest rules or something:

http://www.ximperium.com/frostgrave.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 12th, 2017, 01:51 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
...some rules I found on the web.
Link?
The rulebooks are surprisingly cheap on amazon. I just got mine on coolstuffinc with a bunch of heroclix, but checked amazon later. I have prime and you can get a bunch of the expansions for like 11-12 bucks shipped.

Can you guys imagine doing a Lord of the Rings/Hobbit themed warband! Bilbo the thief, Gandalf the wizard, etc

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 12th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
My daughter and I played a game of Frostgrave last night with some rules I found on the web. I just scattered a bunch of Heroscape castle walls everywhere for the battlefield. It was a lot of fun! We're looking forward to getting the real rulebook and playing some more.
That's awesome Q! I'm going to try to get my daughters to give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
...some rules I found on the web.
Link?
The rulebooks are surprisingly cheap on amazon. I just got mine on coolstuffinc with a bunch of heroclix, but checked amazon later. I have prime and you can get a bunch of the expansions for like 11-12 bucks shipped.

Can you guys imagine doing a Lord of the Rings/Hobbit themed warband! Bilbo the thief, Gandalf the wizard, etc
Yeah TREX, the rulebook is relatively inexpensive. I've seen many other rulebooks for game systems at $30-$50. In fact, the rulebook for The Drowned Earth is $30.

As far as neat warbands, I've seen people come up with all kinds of cool themed warbands on the Frostgrave facebook page I subscribe to.

Frostgrave: Fantasy Wargames in the Frozen City

https://m.facebook.com/groups/426066...?ref=bookmarks

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 13th, 2017, 11:08 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Almost died laughing playing Scrawl last night.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 14th, 2017, 11:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

4 player game of Frostgrave last night, playing The Mausoleum scenario. The Mausoleum is the square building in the center of the board. There is a special treasure at each corner at the beginning of the game, as well as one that each player places on the board. Each player then will place 2 skeletons (1 player at a time placing 1 skeleton at a time) in the same manner as placing treasures (being 6 or more inches from another one). The special treasures at the corners are worth more XP and gold when removed from the board. At the end of each round, another skeleton will come randomly out of one of the 4 doors of the Mausoleum (center of each side). The usual encounter check still happened whenever a player picked up a treasure, where a 16+ on the d20 brought out a monster from the random monster chart. It only happened once this game, where a pair of wolves came out from a random board edge.

There was some bloodbath from melee at times, a real bloodbath from a grenade potion getting tossed by an Enchanter into a crowded group, a skeleton that just wouldn't die for one player (eventually did), and a Fool's Gold spell succeed before the start of the game, to allow the player to place out an extra treasure, but one of the 2 he placed was going to be fake treasure.

Good times, taught new people and had lots of interested onlookers at our monthly all day event. More recruits It was a long game with 4 players, but 2 people had to create their wizards and warband on the spot, as well as learn it. It only took a little while for players to pick up the rules.

Old May 15th, 2017, 08:26 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Looks awesome @Hahma . I cant wait to get my book in the mail. Thanks for posting pics. Im going to start building terrain for this as soon as Im done making our ARV contest prize. One question about the monsters. Are they pretty generic dnd type monsters? I have a ton of minis anyway.

Old May 15th, 2017, 09:03 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Looks awesome @Hahma . I cant wait to get my book in the mail. Thanks for posting pics. Im going to start building terrain for this as soon as Im done making our ARV contest prize. One question about the monsters. Are they pretty generic dnd type monsters? I have a ton of minis anyway.
Skeletons, Armoured Skeltons, Zombies, Ghouls, Wraiths, Wolves. Giant Rats, a Bear, Ice Toad, Snow Leopard, a Boar, Snow Ape. Frost Giant, Imp, Demons, Werewolves, Ice Spider or something like that. Stuff like that for the most part.

My friend Chris as all of them from the official line. I just put in an order in for the Ice Toad/Snow Leopard pack and the Boar/Giant Rats pack because those are harder to find proxies for. Otherwise, I have some Heroscape figures I can repaint as proxies for the most part, though I don't have a bear.

The thing people can do, is reroll on the monster chart if they don't have something. Also, with 2 players, there is only normally going to be 6 treasure. You only roll for a monster entering the game when a treasure is picked up, and then you have to roll a 16+ on a d20. So they don't alway come out. There may be some scenarios that have them preset to a degree, and perhaps in the campaign books they may be more prevalent. But I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point. Get your feet wet first

Cool terrain pieces here. If you set up an account to show your U.S. address, the prices go down to reflect no VAT or whatever. I'm getting the Blasted Tower, Ruins #5, and the columns set. My buddy also has a 10% discount for there.

http://www.4ground.co.uk/ruins-of-daldorr

Good prices on Frostgrave stuff too

http://www.4ground.co.uk/battles-in-the-frozen-city

Last edited by Hahma; May 15th, 2017 at 09:44 AM.
Old May 15th, 2017, 10:04 AM
"like" happy

@Hahma, I've got a couple of WOW minis that should do the trick. I have an extra Bear if you want one, pm me your shipping address. Here's how he looks.

How does this "Snow Toad" look anyway. EDIT: Nevermind, I found him. Wicked toad with sharp teeth.

I have minis for pretty much every other thing you said, besides the Snow toad.

EDIT: As far as the terrain goes. Those are some sweet buildings/ruins. With the skills I have in my shop, knowing I can build stuff like those for a couple dollars compared to how much they are I'll probably build a bunch myself. They are pretty, and they are finished.

Old May 15th, 2017, 10:11 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It's a giant toad with teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 15th, 2017, 10:15 AM
"like" happy

Great looking models on that site. I can see how you'd use the minions of utgar for demons looking at theirs. I'll finally get to use all my little construct minis and other stuff.

Old May 15th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Great pictures and recap, Hahma! Frostgrave is a great game. Finally, a good game to use all the old DDM miniatures I've been saving.

Newb.
Old May 15th, 2017, 12:20 PM
Prickly Cactus

Ice Toad and a couple others

Random monster encounter table

Warband members you can buy. You star with 500 gold, but your apprentice will cost 200. So that leaves 300 tobuild the rest of your warband. You can only have 10 total, including your wizard and apprentice. As you play through a campaign and accumulate treasure, you can afford better guys. If someone from this list gets killed in a game, they are not actually dead yet. After the game, you roll to see how they are. 1-4 they are dead. 5-8 badly wounded and participate in next game, 9+ they are fine. So you don't have to keep buying more guys each game. But you still can only have a max of 8 plus your wizard and apprentice, so if all your guys survive and you want to hire a differ guy, you have to fire one to make room, and you don't get any compensation.

The description at the far right column described how each of them is equipped, so finding minis that are close to that makes it easier to keep track of them during the game. But also, I found that naming them something that reflects how the mini looks can help.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games