Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 17th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Raelin the Kyrie Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:
I'm playing a game right now, and a dispute arose. Charos is half-in, half-out of Raelins bonus. Does he get the full affect of Defensive aura?

Thanks!

~JS
Yes.
While I believe you, my opponent wishes as to where you have acquired this information.
Can Raelin see any part of Charos within 4 spaces? If so, add the defense boost. Seems clear to me, and auras have always worked this way with double-spaced figures.
Quote:
-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • - DEFENSIVE AURA : “Clear Sight Spaces”
    What does "clear sight spaces" mean?
    From page 15 of the 2nd edition rules: "To determine clear sight, use Raelin's Target Point. If she can see any part of your figures (not just the Hit Zone) within the 4 spaces, they are affected by the Defensive Aura." (Hasbro FAQ)
Old May 17th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
While I believe you, my opponent wishes as to where you have acquired this information.
Edit: AV got there first, but I might also still show him the rulebook's Range example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BftU Rulebook, pg. 12
...with a Range of 5, Pelloth can attack any figure within 5 spaces.
Emphasis added. Those are the same words (adding "clear sight" wouldn't have any effect on this dispute) as the Aura, and you don't have to have both spaces of a double-spaced figure in range to attack it.

Old May 17th, 2013, 02:51 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks guys, that works for him.

On a note: it's a close game, thus his skepticism.

Last edited by Joseph Sweeney; May 17th, 2013 at 03:00 PM. Reason: I won!
Old July 19th, 2015, 12:23 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

For the tournement in Dayton yesterday, (500 points, no hex limit, official only), I decided to take this 4-unit army for fun. I only went 2-3, but its ok.

Nilfheim
Jotun
Raelin RotV
Isamu

While Nilfy was probably the MVP for my games, I think I'm going to give the honors to Raelin this time. Her Defense bonus was just too vital, even if I knew the other players was just going to kill her as soon as possible. The fact that the other guy needs to waste time killing her just lets me use my Huge figures deal tons of damage. Any attacks the other guy threw at them when they stayed in her aura just bounced off. 6 defense is just that good!

The games I did lose, the other player was able to get around my big superpowers and kill her pretty quickly. Frenzy helped too.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 12th, 2018, 12:16 PM

gotenks is surprisingly tart

Hello All, new to heroscape! I just wanted to clarify Raelin's special ability with defence aura. "Add 2 to their defence dice". Does that mean units benefiting from this gets two extra dice to roll for defence or there is an automatic 2 "shield" in place for each unit added to their defence roll?

Thanks in advance!
Old August 12th, 2018, 12:24 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotenks View Post
Hello All, new to heroscape! I just wanted to clarify Raelin's special ability with defence aura. "Add 2 to their defence dice". Does that mean units benefiting from this gets two extra dice to roll for defence or there is an automatic 2 "shield" in place for each unit added to their defence roll?

Thanks in advance!
They get to roll two more dice when they defend.

Welcome to the site!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 12th, 2018, 12:29 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Two extra dice to roll. Does not affect Raelin.
Welcome.
Old August 12th, 2018, 07:42 PM

gotenks is surprisingly tart

Thank you flameslayer93 and Tornado for the answers!
Old January 21st, 2024, 09:50 AM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Probably the unit I would erase from the game if given the choice. I do like her with Brunak, though. That combo used to be the only time she would hit the table at my house, unless I was practicing for a tournament (a rare occasion).

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old January 21st, 2024, 11:29 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Probably the unit I would erase from the game if given the choice. I do like her with Brunak, though. That combo used to be the only time she would hit the table at my house, unless I was practicing for a tournament (a rare occasion).
Agree. Though Delta cost mitigates her a bit (135 points). We have banned her in many of our tournaments before Delta, but now allow her if someone wants to invest that much in her.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old January 21st, 2024, 12:26 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I think Raelin just set the standard for what's 'OP' in Scape. If she were nerfed (or cost) more when release in RotV back in the day, a different unit would hold that mantle and all the ire would focus there instead. Is she too powerful? Yeah probably, but look at all the fun discussion and build attempts to counter that have come from it over the years. Worth it IMO.

-insert signature here-
Old January 21st, 2024, 12:31 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like to think about it as "what unit archetype, if OP, is healthiest for the game?" (since pretty much all games have some subset of unit(s) that are OP).

And, tbh, defensive cheerleader is one of the top, if not the top, option there. I think it's a more strategically interesting archetype than a Shark, for instance, in terms of how you deploy the unit across the game, if it's going to be present in so many 'cheese games.

My 2c at least.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units