Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Notices

Old March 1st, 2014, 06:37 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: Holocron of 2-1B (Brainstorming Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
And also, it just occurred to me, should his healing be limited to non-droids? After all droids are electronic.
Nice catch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Personally, I don't think we meant one way or the other (Unique/Common/Uncommon Hero) when we put it on the list. The design process and the group consensus drive what the design ends up being.
Make it what you want it to be!
Old March 1st, 2014, 06:40 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I agree with Porkins on this.
Old March 1st, 2014, 06:43 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Okay, I added the droid exclusion in the power (can a grammar editor check?) I personally think that the number of figures is not enough for uncommons really, so I'd say let's keep it at unique.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old March 1st, 2014, 06:50 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Okay, I added the droid exclusion in the power (can a grammar editor check?) I personally think that the number of figures is not enough for uncommons really, so I'd say let's keep it at unique.
Droid needs capitalized but other than that it looks good.

As far as "not enough figures for uncommons"... I know C3G and C3V look at prices and availability when making units and allow that to dictate some of what they do but we (HoSS) haven't really. If we let availability dictate us, A-Zulman probably wouldn't have a figure (abprices shows ~10 right now). If we let prices dictate us, there's no way we'd ever do either Fett, Jabba, or Obi-Wan, Padawan (just to name a few - I don't think we'd be able to make a Mace Windu either *gasps*). Those figures are priced at ~$20 for the cheapest figure.

I'm fine either way, but I'm just pointing out the facts that we wouldn't be able to do a lot of what we want to do if we let prices and availability guide us.

Last edited by Sheep; March 1st, 2014 at 06:56 PM.
Old March 1st, 2014, 06:59 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Droid needs capitalized but other than that it looks good.

As far as "not enough figures for uncommons"... I know C3G and C3V look at prices and availability when making units and allow that to dictate some of what they do but we (HoSS) haven't really. If we let availability dictate us, A-Zulman probably wouldn't have a figure (abprices shows ~10 right now). If we let prices dictate us, there's no way we'd ever do either Fett, Jabba, or Obi-Wan, Padawan (just to name a few - I don't think we'd be able to make a Mace Windu either *gasps*). Those figures are priced at ~$20 for the cheapest figure.

I'm fine either way, but I'm just pointing out the facts that we wouldn't be able to do a lot of what we want to do if we let prices and availability guide us.
Okay, let me think about that tonight; I'm arguing for both sides in my head.

my tradelist
Old March 1st, 2014, 07:30 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If I can throw out my :
I would go unique so that the other could be common/uncommon, that way 2-1B could be a a leader type figure for the FX-7 droids, which would be interesting for game play and would be thematic.

Also an excerpt from a book I have entitled Starwars Head-to-Head Tag Teams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head-to-Head Tag Teams
Jawas aboard a massive sandcrawler are forcing their droid captives to fight for survival. Some of the more crafty tinkerers among the scavengers have modified a pair of medical droids to go on the offensive. Ordinarily such droids could never comprehend harming another living being. Reprogramming these mechanical doctors to dismantle fellow droids, however, is well within the capability of a mischievous Jawa. At first the, medical droids are hesitant to take to their new programming, but upon sensor confirmation that their targets are not living organic beings, they raise their improvised weapons. They are used to operating as a team, analyzing each other's strengths, and compensating for the other's weaknesses.
The book notes 2-1B as a surgical droid in a little stat table under droid type while FX-7 is a medical assistant droid. The two were paired against IT-0 and 8D8. They ended up winning. I bring up the quote because he has an attack of 0, but maybe it could be bumped up to 1 but give him a power that allows him to attack other droids, but incapable of attacking non-droids, which could be game changing if its just him against maybe a non-organic.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old March 1st, 2014, 07:58 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus33 View Post
If I can throw out my :
I would go unique so that the other could be common/uncommon, that way 2-1B could be a a leader type figure for the FX-7 droids, which would be interesting for game play and would be thematic.

Also an excerpt from a book I have entitled Starwars Head-to-Head Tag Teams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head-to-Head Tag Teams
Jawas aboard a massive sandcrawler are forcing their droid captives to fight for survival. Some of the more crafty tinkerers among the scavengers have modified a pair of medical droids to go on the offensive. Ordinarily such droids could never comprehend harming another living being. Reprogramming these mechanical doctors to dismantle fellow droids, however, is well within the capability of a mischievous Jawa. At first the, medical droids are hesitant to take to their new programming, but upon sensor confirmation that their targets are not living organic beings, they raise their improvised weapons. They are used to operating as a team, analyzing each other's strengths, and compensating for the other's weaknesses.
The book notes 2-1B as a surgical droid in a little stat table under droid type while FX-7 is a medical assistant droid. The two were paired against IT-0 and 8D8. They ended up winning. I bring up the quote because he has an attack of 0, but maybe it could be bumped up to 1 but give him a power that allows him to attack other droids, but incapable of attacking non-droids, which could be game changing if its just him against maybe a non-organic.
That could work, and the FX-7 could be uncommon. Thanks for the idea, Crixus! How does the current card look with that wording guys?

my tradelist

Last edited by Heroscaper Guy; March 1st, 2014 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Forgot it's not OP.
Old March 1st, 2014, 10:03 PM

That looks pretty good. I think I agree with Unique Hero. About about 4/3 for Life/Defense?

As for reworking the wording for Medical Assistant...

Quote:
MEDICAL ASSISTANCE
Before using the Field Medic special power on this card, you may choose an Uncommon Medical Droid with the Field Medic Special Power within 3 clear sight spaces of 2-1B to be 2-1B's Medical Assistant for this turn. Place the chosen Medical Assistant adjacent to 2-1B. If 2-1B chooses a figure adjacent to his Medical Assistant for his Field Medic special power, you may remove up to 2 wounds from the chosen figure's Army Card.
Old March 1st, 2014, 10:09 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Quote:
That looks pretty good. I think I agree with Unique Hero. About about 4/3 for Life/Defense?

As for reworking the wording for Medical Assistant...

Quote:
MEDICAL ASSISTANCE
Before using the Field Medic special power on this card, you may choose an Uncommon Medical Droid with the Field Medic Special Power within 3 clear sight spaces of 2-1B to be 2-1B's Medical Assistant for this turn. Place the chosen Medical Assistant adjacent to 2-1B. If 2-1B chooses a figure adjacent to his Medical Assistant for his Field Medic special power, you may remove up to 2 wounds from the chosen figure's Army Card.
Yeah, that is probably better wording. I'd say life 4, defense 3 so he doesn't die right away at around 50 points for when playtesting starts. That sound about right?

my tradelist
Old March 1st, 2014, 10:19 PM

Actually, what about 3 life? 3PO has 3 life, 4 move, 1 Range, 0 Attack, and 1 Defense so the 2-1B would just have 2 extra defense.

As for points, R2 is 30pts, so 2-1B could be 20pts, I think.
Old March 1st, 2014, 10:26 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Quote:
Actually, what about 3 life? 3PO has 3 life, 4 move, 1 Range, 0 Attack, and 1 Defense so the 2-1B would just have 2 extra defense.

As for points, R2 is 30pts, so 2-1B could be 20pts, I think.
Yeah, two extra defense and one life is probably be too much. Let me think more about the points, I'm just thinking that the command could be good. I am willing to go down though in cost.

my tradelist
Old March 2nd, 2014, 12:55 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

C-3PO moving around the battlefield with 2-1B as an Insignificant shield would make an interesting pair.

I'm not sold on the Medical Assistant power yet...

Also, I'm thinking that 20 points is too low for a healer with an average life and defense.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape