Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 16th, 2018, 04:22 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Peter Stanchek (Design Phase)

Quote:
STING SCREAM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.
All enemy figures within three spaces of Peter are affected by Sting Scream Special Attack. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. After attacking with Sting Scream, chose one figure affected by the attack and roll a 20 sided die. If you roll a 20, the chosen figure may not move or attack until the end of the next round.
So something kind of like this for Sting Scream? This version can preclude movement bonding as well.
Old November 16th, 2018, 04:50 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'd be okay with that. Not sure how others feel. Seems more like a mental lobotomy that's effect needs to wear off before they can function normally again. Basically all they can do while in their stupor is play defense.
Old November 16th, 2018, 05:07 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Honestly, I feel with the trigger of a 20, it will hardly ever turn up, and, while it is a really powerful effect, it's not an auto-kill, or a permanent mind control. If you dropped the roll to something like an 18, I'd be happier.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 16th, 2018, 05:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Also okay with that.
Old November 16th, 2018, 06:19 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think you're getting a bit into memory issues at that point - you hit that on Turn 1 of a round in a four player game and you'll have to remember Dude X can't take turns for a long, long time. Fine with it beyond that but a little wary in that aspect.
Old November 16th, 2018, 07:05 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think the verbiage still isn't there though. I think as it is written, Professor X could still bond with 2 X-Men, which feels contrary to the intent. I don't like remembering no turns for a long period, but I dislike the idea of adding markers for it to complicate the power more. I think it is less damaging than it once was so the roll could be increased.

Is this a try it in testing and see if testers think a marker is necessary? I think once this is hashed out (I think 18-20 is a good range) things will be ready to propose the vote for Initial.
Old November 18th, 2018, 04:05 PM
Book Wyrm

@dok @Dysole @Soundwarp SG-1 @weebaer

Design updated with the 18-20, and prevents order markers as well to fix the turn replacement bonding that would still be allowed. Design in the SP is updated and ready for CRB comment. Thoughts on the current look of it all?
Old November 20th, 2018, 04:05 PM
Book Wyrm

@dok @Dysole @Soundwarp SG-1 @weebaer

Pinging CRB again. Need comment and approval from someone before I can prompt the vote for the initial. Design is finalized for this phase and I'm itching to keep things moving.
Old November 20th, 2018, 10:45 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Not sure there's been any "every figure within X spaces" attack before that could be done 3 times in a round.
Old November 20th, 2018, 11:04 PM
Book Wyrm

Re: The Book of Peter Stanchek

Sounds like making Sting Scream once per round as previously discussed has another point in its favor. So then adding that clause puts it in a good place I think.

Quote:
NAME = PETER STANCHEK

SPECIES = PSIOT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TELEPATH
PERSONALITY = REBELLIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 380

TELEPATHIC COMMAND
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Peter Stanchek, you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Peter. Roll the 20-sided die. Add 5 to your roll if the chosen friendly figure is a Psiot. If you roll 15 or higher, take temporary control of that hero and immediately take a turn with the chosen Hero. At the end of the turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to the player who controlled the Hero before the Telepathic Command. All Order Markers that were on the chosen Hero's card will stay on the card. You may not take any additional turns with figures after the Telepathic Command.

STING SCREAM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.
All enemy figures within three spaces of Peter are affected by Sting Scream Special Attack. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. After attacking with Sting Scream, chose one figure affected by the attack and roll a 20 sided die. If you roll a 18-20, the chosen figure may not move, attack, or reveal order markers on the figure's card until the end of the next round. Sting may only use Sting Scream once per round.

PSIONIC FIELDS
If Peter Stanchek or any friendly figure within 3 spaces of Peter is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If you do, ignore that attack and the defending figure may not be attacked for the remainder of the turn.

FLYING
With that I will vote we move to INITIAL PLAYTESTING.

@japes
@johnny139
@Ronin
@Scapemage - Pre-yeah
@Yodaking
Old November 20th, 2018, 11:10 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Peter Stanchek (Vote for Initial Playtest)

Fun fact that may or may not be clearly written in our procedures (as it's quite recent): any 5 Heroes or Legends may vote on proposals, not just the 5 active Heroes. The 5 active Heroes are only needed for the ultimate Release vote. I don't mind the pings at all, but they aren't needed for proposals up until the end. The idea is that people who've been following along can vote even if they are retired Heroes.

My yea stands. Once per round on the SA makes sense.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old November 21st, 2018, 12:12 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Peter Stanchek (Vote for Initial Playtest)

Sorry for the late reply

A once per round restriction on the SA helps a lot here, as otherwise it was just the best SA in the game by a mile without even factoring in the crazy 'haha! no more fun for you ever other player!' D-20 thing, but I'm not sure it's enough.

Like without the SA at all he is pretty comparable to Ms Marvel or Modok (both of which are pretty darn good) and works pretty well with Star Lord, Sage, and a few other powerful units. He's hurt by his low life total a bit, but still no slouch. Then, even with the once per round restriction and only counting the actual attack part of it, the SA is still amazing.

The D-20 bit on top feels excessive to me, and just weird with the 'til the end of the next round' thing, especially since it can effect Event Heroes and squad figures (in a kinda haphazard way). The once per round bit makes it harder to do a full lockdown of a figure for all eternity, and gets rid of most of the memory issues since it can only be effecting two figures at one time now, but it still seems more back-breaking and mechanically wonky than it really needs to be.

Is there some reason it can't be a 'choose a figure affected by this attack, on a 18+ (or whatever) remove all order markers from their card' kinda deal? That's way cleaner mechanically and still plenty powerful.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; November 21st, 2018 at 01:10 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library