Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old November 9th, 2018, 09:24 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Character Designs Without Figures

Right on. Would like to see someone break through the no figure barrier.
Old November 9th, 2018, 12:49 PM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Ronin's Public Workshopping Thread

I think figure-less units make the most sense as their own category of draftable card similar to Spell Cards.
Old November 9th, 2018, 12:51 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I also have a write-up or two that does the 'no figure' thing, but I wouldn't push for that angle here. I think 'figure that probably just hangs out in your start zone' is close enough to the feel I'm going for.
Yeah, I like the idea of figure less units, but I'd keep it to specific instances.
I personally would at least want the card to have a figure of some sorts, even if it never appears on the battlefield. Then of course if the player wanted to just not use a figure they wouldn’t have to.

It could be really cool to have a character like Khonshu who has an impact on the battlefield (helping Marc Spector) but never appears to fight.
I'd be inclined to say I don't see the point of something like that. Also, one of the ways I imagine it being used is to represent forces, wills without physical form (think the equivalent of Sauron), so figures may be tricky there. Also, if a unit like this doesn't have a figure available, why let that restrict you when it will never see the field anyway?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 9th, 2018, 12:57 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I also have a write-up or two that does the 'no figure' thing, but I wouldn't push for that angle here. I think 'figure that probably just hangs out in your start zone' is close enough to the feel I'm going for.
Yeah, I like the idea of figure less units, but I'd keep it to specific instances.
I personally would at least want the card to have a figure of some sorts, even if it never appears on the battlefield. Then of course if the player wanted to just not use a figure they wouldn’t have to.

It could be really cool to have a character like Khonshu who has an impact on the battlefield (helping Marc Spector) but never appears to fight.
I'd be inclined to say I don't see the point of something like that. Also, one of the ways I imagine it being used is to represent forces, wills without physical form (think the equivalent of Sauron), so figures may be tricky there. Also, if a unit like this doesn't have a figure available, why let that restrict you when it will never see the field anyway?
But what would you do for the card picture? Just leave it blank? Or would you suggest something like Qualizium said and make then not units, but something else?
Old November 9th, 2018, 01:06 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But what would you do for the card picture? Just leave it blank? Or would you suggest something like Qualizium said and make then not units, but something else?
That's one occasion when I'd be happy to just go with comic art, even though I usually use mini art.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 9th, 2018, 01:22 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
You know, I don't think I've ever asked myself that question. And it's an excellent question. I only use comic cards myself but we create cards for both for a legitimate reason.

Interesting. We will need to discuss this.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 9th, 2018, 02:33 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

As long as the discussion does not lead to not allowing figure-less cards.
My want for them was mostly for the Tech Judges and perhaps the guy behind the desk for the Bounty Hunters of 2000AD's Strontium Dogs.

They would essentially distribute EQ Glyphs and that is about it.

I suppose if we put a cost to Tech Judge Glyphs, they would not need a figure-less card.
Old November 9th, 2018, 03:07 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
As long as the discussion does not lead to not allowing figure-less cards.
For sure. Not saying that's my intent at all. Just something else we need to remember to think about.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 9th, 2018, 03:29 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We should disallow cardless figures.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 9th, 2018, 04:05 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I figured when we made those League of Extraordinary Gentlemen cards the Invisible Man would just not have a figure at all since he's completely invisible after all. Just reveal an OM on his card, choose a figure and roll attack dice. Give him a reverse counter strike power so anyone he attacks has a chance to deal wounds back to him.
Old November 11th, 2018, 04:49 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

So what do people think figureless cards should look like? That's ground I'd like to break - there are a couple teams that I think would benefit.

I think for the most part, you can just cull all the physical stats, but maintain most of the left box - everything except size/height.

For the sake of having an example, here's what I currently have for Master Weaver (Karn):

Quote:
NAME = MASTER WEAVER
SECRET IDENTITY = KARN

SPECIES = INHERITOR
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WEAVER
PERSONALITY = BROODING

SIZE/HEIGHT = ---

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 0
RANGE = 0
ATTACK = 0
DEFENSE = 0

POINTS = ???

WEB OF LIFE AND DESTINY
Master Weaver does not have a figure and cannot be placed on the battlefield. When an Army Card you control with the Swing Line or Web Swing special power has all of its figures destroyed, you may immediately remove any unrevealed Order Markers from that card and place them on any other card you control.

SPIDERS FROM MANY STRANDS
You may draft two or more different Unique Army Cards that share a Secret Identity as long as all such Army Cards have the Swing Line or Web Swing special power.
I think, if we're doing an all-new type of card that lets us dispense with the unnecessary stats, we can go to something like this:

Quote:
NAME = MASTER WEAVER
SECRET IDENTITY = KARN

SPECIES = INHERITOR
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WEAVER
PERSONALITY = BROODING

SIZE/HEIGHT = ---

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 0
RANGE = 0
ATTACK = 0
DEFENSE = 0

POINTS = ???

WEB OF LIFE AND DESTINY
Master Weaver does not have a figure and cannot be placed on the battlefield. When an Army Card you control with the Swing Line or Web Swing special power has all of its figures destroyed, you may immediately remove any unrevealed Order Markers from that card and place them on any other card you control.

You may draft two or more different Unique Army Cards that share a Secret Identity as long as all such Army Cards have the Swing Line or Web Swing special power.
That gets rid of the stats we don't need, and the sentence saying something that would be standard for this type of card.

With the strikeouts removed:

Quote:
NAME = MASTER WEAVER
SECRET IDENTITY = KARN

SPECIES = INHERITOR
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WEAVER
PERSONALITY = BROODING

POINTS = ???

WEB OF LIFE AND DESTINY
When an Army Card you control with the Swing Line or Web Swing special power has all of its figures destroyed, you may immediately remove any unrevealed Order Markers from that card and place them on any other card you control.

"Unique Hero" highlighted in red because I think we need to replace that with... whatever we'd call cards like this. Not sure if it's useful to still have a Common/Unique/Event distinction? Maybe Common/Unique, but probably not Event.

Thoughts on doing something like this? Initial rules questions? Objections?
Old November 11th, 2018, 04:53 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, I think it would just be easiest to designate them as a new type of unit apart from Heroes and Squads. What could they be called? I'm assuming it will have to be very vague to cover all the different characters that could fall into this type.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy