Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old December 8th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3V Public Playtesting Sign-up

What's the expected timeframe for C3V playtests?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 9th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Like to turn them around? It's pretty open ended right now, I think - but we'd only be asking for a minimum of two army tests per playtester (though you can do more if you like).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 9th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
If you see a design that you would like to help playtest, please PM the LP for the information. Once you have received said information, you will be expected to fill out the playtesting form below and send it back completed to the LP. It should be understood that at no time should you share said information with anyone other than the LP, sharing that information could get you banned from participating in the future.
Is the information that you don't want shared the abilities and stats of the unit being tested, or the playtester's analysis and opinion of the unit's balance?

If it's the abilities and stats, does that mean that playtesters are expected to soloscape test them, or just limit the number of opponents that see the unit being tested?

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Last edited by Killometer; December 9th, 2010 at 01:02 AM. Reason: I think I could probably make room for Haduc in my suddenly busy play-testing schedule...
Old December 9th, 2010, 01:10 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What he means is to not publicly discuss any aspects of the card on here. If you playtest it at home, that's a different matter - you can playtest with others if you like.
That said, I do all of my playtesting soloscape, so it's entirely possible to do it that way as well.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 9th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

The whole goal here is we want to build up some hype for the release, we want to encourage fast testing, and we want to keep the units a secret.

To build hype we keep thing secretive so very few people see the units before the release. This is important for those of us working in the Sanctum. We work hard on all these units and it is nice to know we are appreciated.

To encourage fast testing, we will not let you sign up for another test while you have one already. So you will have to get your test done before you sign up for another. If things get too slow, the Playtesting Department will probably start enforcing a time limit on test, and if you are constantly late, you may get blacklisted. We don't want to discourage testing, but there will probably be a lot of demand and we want to keep tests available for those who have the time to test. You know your schedule, if you cannot get the test done in 48-72 hours, don't sign up for it.

Keeping the units secret is important. We don't mind you sharing it with your gaming group or family if they are testing with you, but if we see anyone openly discussing the stats in the public, we will not let you test again. (PMs to the LP are the way to go if you have questions)

Further notes:
- Proxying is fine, the hitzone is such a small detail that it does not affect cost.
- Be flexible in your army builds. We need these units tested in their strongest possible builds, not just thrown into an army you like. Be strategic and have fun, but also make the armies competitive.

More to come.

This is a good example of a completed playtest form.

Last edited by tcglkn; December 9th, 2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old December 9th, 2010, 05:08 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Semi-Pointless, but do we get badges for playtesting?
Old December 9th, 2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Semi-Pointless, but do we get badges for playtesting?
Good and simple question ... complicated answer. In short - kind of. You get badges based on contributing to the project and having a sanctum member recognize this contribution, propose you're officially named part of the team and badged, and having the membership in the sanctum vote to approve this move.
But if you do a lot of good playtesting, you'd better bet that someone's going to propose you and you'll get that badge.
I think having a badge as a public contributor will more or less be a prerequisite for being a member of the month with sanctum access as well, so that's something for all of you guys to keep in mind.
Over at C3G, the badges work this way as well. I typically wait until I've seen a guy finish two or three playtests and then if his contributions have been good all around, I propose him.
I suspect (hope) that our Lead Playtesters, who will be watching the playtests coming in the most closely, will take a lot of initiative in proposing people receive badges and become official members as well.

Old December 9th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I most definitely will be watching the testers. I have high expectations though so don't think you can throw some stuff together on a few tests and get nominated, I expect easy to read results and good communications. If I ask you a question about your test don't get defensive, sometimes we all forget stuff and I just need to clarify. In general, if you are working hard and doing good tests I will make a nomination for you. (Don't think I'm gonna nominate every day either, make yourself stand out above the norm if you want my nomination.)

Anyone can playtest, but only the absolute best testers will get a nomination from me.
Old December 9th, 2010, 05:57 PM

Awesome. And I think I'm mostly going to sit back and try to let you LPs (Lead Playtesters) take the initiative on those nominations. Though, like anything, we ERBers will swoop in where we see the need.

Old December 9th, 2010, 06:05 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Hello. Griffin said since I didn't make the C3V designs, I should join playtesting. So, I would like to sign up as an LP, if possible.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old December 9th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post
Hello. Griffin said since I didn't make the C3V designs, I should join playtesting. So, I would like to sign up as an LP, if possible.
Lead Playtesters were nominated with the design team. You can still do the public playtests and help us out on this side. If you do a good job, you can earn a badge and possible get into the sanctum for a month.
Old December 9th, 2010, 07:11 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Well. Darn. I have just missed out on everything because I'm too late. Ok. You need help, contact me. However, if you need a playtest, I cannot really do much during the week, as I have no one to play with.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs