Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old March 25th, 2020, 05:44 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Burnout - Alternate Format

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
I would like to spam Zelrig in this format. Multiple times to nuke the start zone, with start zones closer to each other to let the majestic flames fly.
Try it out and see how it goes. With a 10 figure limit and 16-hex startzone, you should - generally speaking - be able to spread out your startzone to limit who it effects. That and Dragon's in this format are a massive investment when armies are only 300pts...and with the smaller maps, kiting will be much more difficult. So yes, he could devastate, but he could also not.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 9th, 2020, 12:44 PM

BigTicket is surprisingly tart

I tried this format with my wife and it was a lot of fun. We played on Jungley and our armies were the following (in order of play):

Me:
2x Mohicans
Brave Arrow
Ninjas

2x Microcorp
Kozuke

2x Dwarves
Migol
Darrak

My Wife:
2x 4th Mass
Thorgrim
Saylind

2x KoW
Finn
Concan

2x MacDirks
Alastair
Eldgrim

My wife won pretty convincingly, but it was close until the last round when my dwarves got very quickly wiped out by the pumped up scots after a couple of overextended attacks by Alastair.

It took us longer than an hour but we play kind of slowly. I think this format is particularly great for people who don’t have a ton of multiples of commons.

Last edited by BigTicket; May 9th, 2020 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Formatting Error
Old May 9th, 2020, 01:16 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Using the vikings for their spirits is a really cool idea for this format. You could still have two decent armies and then your third could have something insane like fully spirited krav or Marro Warriors. Or a hero that likes the spirits.

Was the format designed to work like that or are the three armies supposed to be separate armies, so that you couldn't put the spirits from your first or second army on a card that's in your third army?

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old May 9th, 2020, 02:56 PM

BigTicket is surprisingly tart

I interpreted it as 3 separate armies, so my wife put Thorgrim on Saylind and Finn on Concan. In both cases they survived to reset, so my second and third armies had to fight through a few lives on each kyrie with a viking spirit before matching up with the corresponding army on my wife’s side.
Old May 9th, 2020, 03:14 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Oh, gotcha. It’s probably not the way the format is in intended, but I just love the idea of putting all the spirits on your last army.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old May 9th, 2020, 06:37 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Right 3 separate armies. But changing the format that way is totally up to you.

Also glad you enjoyed it @BigTicket ...it is a pretty great format if I do say so myself ;-P

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 10th, 2020, 04:06 AM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played Burnout with the wife today as well!

I ran:
Stingers x3
Krug

Zombies x3
Raelin 2.0

Izumi
Tagawa Samurai
Kozuke
Isamu

She ran:
Gorillanators x2
Nakita

Kurrok
Fire Elemental x5

Fen Hydra x2
Black Wyrmling x2

The Stingers were rolling hot with those ARV dice and defeated all 3 of her armies with 2 Stingers and a 5 wound Krug remaining (I rolled for Stinger Drain once over 25+ activations and it failed). We were having so much fun that we decided she'd take over my third army (samurai) and I played out what was left of my first and second. The Samurai's Counter Strike and clever map positioning by her made for impossible decisions for my zombies and the Samurai prevailed in the bonus round.
All in all it was a fun time. We played on Bushy Ruin. I'm no tournament alumni, so I can't speak to how it plays in that respect, but as a backyard, quick setup format we really liked it. It seemed to us we could just add more armies for a longer game if we chose. It also seemed like an easy way to preset armies for more novice players and not overwhelm them with several cards to keep track of.
Thanks for the fun time Sir H!
Old May 11th, 2020, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
Played Burnout with the wife today as well!
Thanks for the fun time Sir H!
You bet, glad you enjoyed it!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 13th, 2020, 02:58 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Very cool format, Sir H.

How would you tweak it for multiple players? Say a 2v2 or a 3-5 player FFA?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 13th, 2020, 03:06 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

You could just pull back and reset any time any army was defeated. Should work fine for 2v2 or multiplayer. Maybe drop the points to 200-250.
Old May 13th, 2020, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Very cool format, Sir H.

How would you tweak it for multiple players? Say a 2v2 or a 3-5 player FFA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
You could just pull back and reset any time any army was defeated. Should work fine for 2v2 or multiplayer. Maybe drop the points to 200-250.
Hadn't considered that before, but yeah, I imagine you'd just reset each time a full army was destroyed from a player. a FFA game would be nuts haha...That'd be really interesting to try.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 13th, 2020, 04:31 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I wonder how well it would work for the armies already on the board to stay in place?

Too much board control for them? Too much fighting uphill for the incoming armies?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions