Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 24th, 2020, 12:36 PM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Book of Corvor the Tainted One

The Book of Corvor the Tainted One

C3V Wave 22 - Scourge of Apollyon - Heroes of Dark Ridge

Printer-Friendly PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Pathfinder Battles figure from the Crown of Fangs set. The name of the figure is Leukodaemon. The figure is double-spaced.

Quote:
DREADFUL PRESENCE
Figures attacking Corvor the Tainted One with a normal attack subtract 1 from their attack dice.

Before moving, you must roll the 20-sided die for all figures within 2 clear sight spaces of Corvor the Tainted One, one at a time. If you roll a 15 or higher, that figure receives a wound. Demons are not affected by Avatar of Corruption.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Corvor the Tainted One's movement, ignore elevations. Corvor may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Corvor starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.
The PDF for this card can be downloaded here:
Character Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

-Rulings and Clarifications-

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Offered

AVATAR OF CORRUPTION: Demons that are not affected:
Synergy Benefits Received
  • SKULL DEMON : Valkrill Attack Aura 1
    As a Valkrill follower with a Range of 1, Corvor may benefit from the Skull Demon's VALKRILL ATTACK AURA 1 ability
  • MORGOLOTH : Demon Leadership
    As a Demon, Corvor gains one additional move if you also control Morgoloth
  • ACOLYTES OF VORGANUND : Blood Summoning/Dark Pact As a Unique Demon Hero, Corvor may be chosen as a bound hero to be summoned by the Acolytes of Vorganund and may take turns with DARK PACT

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
- TBA

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking and Master Index
TBA

Unit Strategy Review
- TBA

Note: Corvor is a double-spaced figure.

Last edited by AndreThaGiant; March 6th, 2022 at 12:28 PM.
Old November 24th, 2020, 03:06 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Corvor the Tainted One

Thanks for doing another one, Andre. These are a huge help to the community.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 25th, 2020, 11:23 AM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Corvor the Tainted One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Thanks for doing another one, Andre. These are a huge help to the community.
Happy to help out! I'm sure you guys stay busy.
Old December 12th, 2021, 11:56 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Corvor the Tainted One

Just now realized from the picture that he should be on a double base. Can we get that added to the original post? Thank you.
Old January 10th, 2022, 03:52 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It says right under the picture that the mini is "double-spaced." Is that what you're looking for?

= =
Old January 14th, 2022, 01:13 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It says right under the picture that the mini is "double-spaced." Is that what you're looking for?
Yep, I missed it earlier. Thanks!
Old January 15th, 2022, 08:18 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Of course. You didn’t see it, and I’m glad you asked.

= =
Old May 2nd, 2022, 07:17 PM

Godchep knows what's in an order marker Godchep knows what's in an order marker

I've been having a lot of difficulty getting this guy to work. I've tried him with and without the Acolytes of Vorganund and while the Acolytes help, he still goes down really fast and the Avatar of Corruption ability just isn't reliable enough to hold out for (not to mention the positioning headaches it induces.) What strategies and tactics do you guys employ with Corvor?
Old May 3rd, 2022, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godchep View Post
I've been having a lot of difficulty getting this guy to work. I've tried him with and without the Acolytes of Vorganund and while the Acolytes help, he still goes down really fast and the Avatar of Corruption ability just isn't reliable enough to hold out for (not to mention the positioning headaches it induces.) What strategies and tactics do you guys employ with Corvor?
I always see my buddies rush Corvor in as a spearhead, but I think he really shines as an endgame cleanup powerhouse. He does much better when the enemy is running on fumes than when they are throwing everything at him out of the gate. Axentia plays nearly the same way, and she's always thrived as a janitor in my games as well.
Old May 3rd, 2022, 01:46 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
My Thoughts

I pretty much always make sure CORVID-19 is on height when summoned. I play cautiously with him. If you minimize the number of attacks he can take, the attack reduction is going to just feel absolutely brutal for your opponent. If you're careful with him, he'll be nearly unkillable as your opponent will have to come into a fortified position to do something to get through 7 life and 3 defense (unless they have range in which case you have to be more aggressive but you also want to stay on as high of ground as possible)

~Dysole, who had a lot of fun playing him with the Acolytes in one of the online seasons
Old May 3rd, 2022, 10:05 AM

Godchep knows what's in an order marker Godchep knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreThaGiant View Post
I always see my buddies rush Corvor in as a spearhead, but I think he really shines as an endgame cleanup powerhouse. He does much better when the enemy is running on fumes than when they are throwing everything at him out of the gate.
Yeah, that was my intuition. I think maybe he's just had some bad matchups vs other figures. In 4 matches with him he faced Rechets in one and a Feral Troll in another. But I suspect I'm still moving in too early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I pretty much always make sure CORVID-19 is on height when summoned. I play cautiously with him. If you minimize the number of attacks he can take, the attack reduction is going to just feel absolutely brutal for your opponent. If you're careful with him, he'll be nearly unkillable as your opponent will have to come into a fortified position to do something to get through 7 life and 3 defense (unless they have range in which case you have to be more aggressive but you also want to stay on as high of ground as possible)
That's a good suggestion. If I'm running him, I can probably afford to take greater losses in the rest of the army in order to neutralize range as first priority. One of my losses was vs the Harquebus and the damage from them, even if they weren't a full strength squad at that point, still really hurt.

Thank you both for the suggestions! I'll try to incorporate them. I'm determined to make him work.
Old January 13th, 2023, 08:43 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

What are the rulings for spawning Corvor in, since he’s a double spaced figure and the acolytes are single spacers? I assume you can only summon him if he can fit and be legally placed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs