Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 30th, 2016, 01:07 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: JerseyScape - Flex Tourney Sunday, 9/11/16 Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Hey my name is Eric and I just moved to northern Virginia. None of my friends play Heroscape here so I'd be totally interested in coming up on the 10/15 to play some 'Scape. I just rediscovered my collection after getting rid of my storage container. I can bring my own 450 point army and anything else you need!
Greetings Eric ~

You are more than welcome to attend this event on 10/15, but I'm not sure how much HeroScape is going to get played. I will have a table with two maps set up and several 450 pt. armies available for anyone to use. But it is a FAMILY GAME DAY at a church for the local community. Read the previous page of this thread (#3) for more detailed information and directions. It seems like quite a long drive for a chance to play some 'Scape. I know that from my house to Baltimore is 3+ hours and Wash DC is at least 4. This location is an 90 north of where I live, so check the distances first before deciding and plan on coming to the 11/19 event in Savage, MD which will have a much better turn out. Right now I think there's only me, Matt and Chuck that are planning to be there 'Scaping among the 40 - 50 other gamers playing Euro's, etc.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old October 1st, 2016, 01:34 AM

Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Hey my name is Eric and I just moved to northern Virginia. None of my friends play Heroscape here so I'd be totally interested in coming up on the 10/15 to play some 'Scape. I just rediscovered my collection after getting rid of my storage container. I can bring my own 450 point army and anything else you need!
Hi Eric, welcome to the region! Make sure you look into the Event in Savage, MD on 11/19. The thread is under the National Heroscape Day heading. Dadscaper does a great job and there is always a nice turnout.

If you do decide to make the trek to Jersey in a couple weeks, let us know. I think there will only be a few Scapers but I'm sure we'll have fun.

Chuck
Old October 1st, 2016, 05:12 PM

Jet knows what's in an order marker Jet knows what's in an order marker

Thanks for the feedback! I was planning on combining this with a roadtrip to see my buddy in Philadelphia so I would be breaking up the road trip. I still plan on making the trip out and will be on my best and most gentlemanly behavior while there.
Old October 1st, 2016, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback! I was planning on combining this with a roadtrip to see my buddy in Philadelphia so I would be breaking up the road trip. I still plan on making the trip out and will be on my best and most gentlemanly behavior while there.

Well don't over do it and spoil all the fun... (~~lol~~)

I'm glad that your "roadtrip" can combine multiple activities. It's really cool when that works out. I lived in MD for a year and was able to attend Dad_Scaper's event more often. And @Taeblewalker from NY showed up there one time because of something to do with visiting a girlfriend.

Anyway, does your buddy play H'scape or modern Euro-games? He is also welcome if he can behave somewhat "gentlemanly" in a family friendly environment. Lines connecting where I now live near Ocean City, NJ, the location of the 10/15 event near Eatontown, NJ where I used to work, and Philadelphia, PA where I have several friends and family - would pretty much form a gigantic equilateral triangle with approximately 80+ miles in each leg, So you'd be looking at 90+ minutes travel time which ever way you choose to travel. It's certainly doable, but not exactly convenient either. Hope to see you on the 15th.

Four of us would make a nice little round-robin match-up, so I'm sure Chuck wouldn't mind bringing an extra map, since building maps IS half the fun of playing H'scape, isn't it?

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old October 4th, 2016, 12:03 PM

Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker

I believe we have five confirmed for 10/15. How much table space will we have for Heroscape? If we have the space we should post an event given we will be an hour North of where we played last time, you never know.
Old October 4th, 2016, 07:13 PM

TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

Four of us would make a nice little round-robin match-up, so I'm sure Chuck wouldn't mind bringing an extra map, since building maps IS half the fun of playing H'scape, isn't it?
@Johngee . I can also bring a map
Old October 6th, 2016, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_At_Arms
How much space will we have for Scape? I was thinking about refreshing the thread to advertise the event. It may not be a bad commute for New Yorkers or even those from Long Island. Let me know your thoughts. Even if we got one more commit that would round us to 6.
Chuck
That's a GREAT IDEA Chuck;

I'm sorry that I've been so pessimistic the past two weeks. I didn't want to be disappointed again, but it looks like there will be at least FOUR of us wanting to play some HeroScape ALL day. So I guess it looks like we're a *GO* for Saturday, October 15, 2016 at Park Church, in Tinton Falls. Do you want to refresh this Hamilton thread with new information or start a totally new one to possibly gain a bigger audience?

For the FORMAT: I like the traditional "Kill them all" with partial card scoring with *NO* Marvel, C3G, HoSS, HoME, or personal customes allowed. But ALL C3V units that have been 'semi-officially' approved and published on this site will be accepted.

I've been thinking of each player bringing FOUR totally separate Armies (in that no character figure can be duplicated in another Army). Each army should be no more than 500 points that fit on to no more than 24 hexes. The total point value comes to 2,000. No one will use the same army twice unless more player show up and we then have to go to a Fifth Game playoff. This way we will get to see a lot of different units in action, both in our own armies and in our opponents. You can even play the same person multiple times since you would both have a different army.

Regarding how much SPACE: the foyer / lobby of the church is plenty big enough. I was planning on TWO (2) 6' x 30" tables just for HS. They accommodate TWO (2) standard HS BoV type maps each. But I can even bring an extra table just in case. 2 tables x 2 maps each will allow up to 8 players simultaneously. Let's arbitrarily say each game is limited to 50 minutes. I will definitely bring at least two maps. The player with the highest score will get the first choice of the available prizes (i.e. maybe cookies, etc.).

COST: Since the church is "suggesting" a $10.oo per person donation, which will go toward the Easter Seals Foundation (one of our gamer friends in this Exit 105 Group, has this disease and is confined to a wheelchair), ... I do not want to ask for any additional money, unless everyone was will to chip in another dollar or two. I have some extra figures I can donate as prize support (i.e. a Grimnak or Mimring, perhaps - haha - and some more C3V customs, maybe some lollipops, etc.)

Old October 8th, 2016, 10:44 AM

Re: JerseyScape - 4X500 Brawl in Tinton Falls, Saturday, 10/

Event is up! Let me know if you'd like any changes Johngee.
Old October 8th, 2016, 11:26 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I wish I could make it to this one, but 10/15 is the Long Island group's next scheduled meeting. Keep me posted on these NJ events though, and have fun next weekend!
Old October 8th, 2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
I wish I could make it to this one, but 10/15 is the Long Island group's next scheduled meeting. Keep me posted on these NJ events though, and have fun next weekend!
Definitely will Sherman Davies. I'd like to do something in early December - we should try to coordinate next time!
Old October 8th, 2016, 04:16 PM

TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker

So question on format. It says armies 450-550, would there be games when one person has a 450 point army and the other has 550? Do you kind of see where I'm going. Cool thanks.
Old October 8th, 2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEpicAlpaca View Post
So question on format. It says armies 450-550, would there be games when one person has a 450 point army and the other has 550? Do you kind of see where I'm going. Cool thanks.
It is possible yes, but remember, anyone that fields an army of 550 must make up for it in other rounds. And while it does suck to have to face that army, with hour rounds, it is still quite possible to win on points with this format. Additionally, the most you can give up by chance is 50 points. Choosing to field an army of 450 is a gamble that could pay off or not.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events