Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

View Poll Results: How Many Hexes will you be mailing to Hasbro/WotC?
1 hex to each company 80 74.07%
2 hexes to each company (4 total) 15 13.89%
5 hexes to each company (10 total) 3 2.78%
10 hexes to each (20 total) 3 2.78%
24 hexes to each (48 total) 1 0.93%
49-100 hexes total 0 0%
101-200 hexes total 2 1.85%
Sending figures, glyphs, OM's, etc. to each instead/as well 15 13.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 6th, 2010, 06:33 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!
Question "Bring It Back" Participation Confirmation Poll

Read entire post before voting:

I thought this poll would be a useful tool for Cigarman's "Bring It Back" campaign to get an accurate count of how many individual maillings of hexes the folks at Hasbro & WotC might expect to see flowing across their desks.

Cigarman's "How to Really Save Heroscape" OT: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=33305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarman
If I may make a suggestion, I would use the poll to ask how many "Packages" each voter intends to send instead of the number of Hexes. A single hex is more than enough if hundreds of packages arrive, all postmarked on the same date.

The number of packages is much more important than finding out if 1 person is sending 100 hexes in a single box.
Pick the number of individual hex mailings (that means individual envelopes, packages, etc.) that comes closest to the estimated total you plan to send, even if you are only sending hexes to Hasbro. You can always detail your planned mailings in a reply here...

Sure someone could keep a petition-like list of names & numbers of individual mailings for each person, but this is far less time consuming & the poll is updated instantly instead of waiting for someone to log-on & edit manually.

The closer we get to the proposed mailing date (currently: November 16, 2010) the more accurate the count will be.

This photo by fallow:

Just to be clear: This poll is for counting the people who are participating in the mailings & estimating the volume of mail pieces that will be sent. This is why there is no option for not participating, but you may post your intentions to not take part if that makes you feel better...

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN

Last edited by Carnival Man; November 15th, 2010 at 12:23 AM. Reason: evolving
Old November 6th, 2010, 06:53 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: "Bring It Back" Participation Confirmation Poll

A couple of things.

1. I think it would be more effecitve to just send them to someone in charge at Hasbro, I don't think WOTC will care one way or the other.

2. I also think the effort would be more effecitve if 1000+ packages show up from different addresses. I know sending them out the same day D3 is released seems like a good idea, but if only 100-150 show up because we rushed into it, the effect will be deminished. We should hold off on the send out date until we know we have maximized participation. Some people that would participate may not have even seen/heard the cancelation announcement yet.
Old November 6th, 2010, 06:57 PM

Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker

I agree with Yoda, FWIW

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me -Psalm 23:4
Old November 6th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

I'll do at least one of each, possibly more, along with torn up magic cards to the Wizards address. (if I do more, they'll be in different boxes, of course)

And i'll be stuffing the box with copies of the petition

Last edited by TurtleKing99; November 6th, 2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old November 6th, 2010, 10:11 PM

Cigarman has disabled reputation

If I may make a suggestion, I would use the poll to ask how many "Packages" each voter intends to send instead of the number of Hexes. A single hex is more than enough if hundreds of packages arrive, all postmarked on the same date.

The number of packages is much more important then finding out if 1 person is sending 100 hexes in a single box.

And if we make enough of an effort to spread the word, I still believe that November 16th, which corresponds to the release of the new D&D Wave is the best date. We still have 10 days to get the word out.

If people have to send late, no problem. That shouldn't stop the rest of us from sending on Nov 16th.

I can link the poll to my OP if it will help. I still suggest resetting the poll to the number of packages being sent and set it to close on Nov 15th, and we can pull the plug if not enough people sign up by then.

Fair enough?

Cigarman

Join the BRING IT BACK! campaign. We're inundating WotC with hexes! D-Day is 11/16.
Old November 6th, 2010, 10:16 PM

Heroscaper62 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarman View Post

The number of packages is much more important then finding out if 1 person is sending 100 hexes in a single box.

And if we make enough of an effort to spread the word, I still believe that November 16th, which corresponds to the release of the new D&D Wave is the best date. We still have 10 days to get the word out.

If people have to send late, no problem. That shouldn't stop the rest of us from sending on Nov 16th.

I can link the poll to my OP if it will help. I still suggest resetting the poll to the number of packages being sent and set it to close on Nov 15th, and we can pull the plug if not enough people sign up by then.

Fair enough?

Cigarman
I agree, change it to how many packages, not hexes. But I disagree when you say the 16th is long enough time to get the message through. I still think that we should wait for the word to spread.
Old November 6th, 2010, 10:17 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarman View Post

Fair enough?

Cigarman
Unfortunately one cannot edit actual poll questions (if there is I can't figure it out)...but I can add your concern about individual mailings as soon as I'm done typing here.

Carney's Trade List
Old November 6th, 2010, 10:21 PM

Prometheus is surprisingly tart

Can't edit poll answers either. I put down 1 hex to each, but I am really sending a snow double-hex to each.

L.K.R.
Old November 6th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

Just some thoughts (I'll probably ship one of these myself) of messages to include with your shipment
Order Marker - It's about time we got a turn
Wound Marker - You know, it really hurts
Snow hex - It's awfully cold, what you did
Agent Carr - self explanatory (does that count as a threat?)
Glyph of Sturla - Revive 'Scape!

I think I'll send a glyph of Sturla myself, I have spares.

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old November 6th, 2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Can't edit poll answers either. I put down 1 hex to each, but I am really sending a snow double-hex to each.
As it turns out that's how Cigarman wants the count to work. So you are fine with your answer! EditNinja'd

Carney's Trade List
Old November 6th, 2010, 10:25 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll be sending at least one to WotC.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old November 7th, 2010, 02:01 AM

Marro_Maniac is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKing99 View Post
I'll do at least one of each, possibly more, along with torn up magic cards to the Wizards address. (if I do more, they'll be in different boxes, of course)

And i'll be stuffing the box with copies of the petition
LOL! YOu should also include this one too!
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/images/P...20Confetti.jpg

~~Trolling IRL~~

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News