Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 28th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Mole Man

The Book of Mole Man

C3G MARVEL FANTASTIC FOUR MASTER SET
FANTASTIC FORCES UNITE!

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Critical Mass set.
Its model number and name are #049-051 / Mole Man.
Its model number and name are #217 / Rupert.

Character Bio - Since childhood, Mole Man had been shunned and ridiculed due to his bizarre physical appearance. To escape the cruelty directed at him by other people, Mole Man chose to seek out the center of the Earth to find peace in solitued. Instead of reaching the center of the Earth, his boat washed ashore onto a deserted island within the Bermuda Triangle and he called this place Monster Isle. He lost his most of his eyesight during an avalanche from deep inside a cavern he was exploring. Despite this setback, he managed to become the ruler of the underground world he called Subterranea and the Subterranean race called Moloids. Mole Man found advanced technological devices that had been abandoned by a race called Deviants. Mole Man eventually developed a "Radar Sense", which allowed him to sense things in the darkness of Subterranea and also mastered the use of the Deviants advanced devices, which helped him in his efforts to seek revenge on the surface world for the cruelty shown to him by the surface people.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Mole Man can move up to 4 Moloids with his Tunnel Surprise special power.
  • Subterranean figures can allow Mole Man to use his Swarm Distraction special power. Current Subterraneans.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:
  • N/A
Benefits:Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 09:57 PM. Reason: png
Old May 28th, 2010, 07:12 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Mole Man - Brainstorming Phase

NAME = MOLE MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = HARVEY ELDER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = RULER
PERSONALITY = ECCENTRIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 100

SUBTERRANEAN SENSES

If Mole Man is attacked by an opponent's figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If Mole Man is on a rock space, add 2 to your roll. If he is on a dungeon space, add 4 to your roll. If he is on a shadow space, add 6 to your roll. If you roll 1-15, roll defense dice normally. If you roll 16 or higher, Mole Man takes no damage.

TUNNEL SURPRISE
Once per game, after revealing an Order Marker on this card and before moving Mole Man normally, you may choose any empty non-water space within 5 spaces of Mole Man that is not higher or lower than 3 levels from Mole Man's base. Place Mole Man on the chosen space. After placing Mole Man, you may choose up to 4 Moloids you control that were adjacent to Mole Man's original placement. Place the chosen Moloids adjacent to Mole Man. Figures moved by Tunnel Surprise will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SWARM DISTRACTION
An opponent's figure attacked by Mole Man rolls 1 fewer defense die for each Subterranean figure you control adjacent to it, to a minimum of 1 defense die.

• Tunneling ability that allows him to tunnel beneath ground and pop up above ground, similar to the Marro Drudge
  • Darrak's Hide in Darkness power
  • Laser Blast special power, that allows you to roll the D20 and inflict a wound before attacking.

Last edited by IAmBatman; April 24th, 2016 at 01:20 AM.
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hide in Darkness is a definite! Good call. More on this later, but some sort of leadership power for his minions might not be horrible ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 28th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Perhaps a Commander's Strike power like Mogrimm Forgehammer for a special staff weapon type attack.

Some sort of Radar Sense, not naturally as good as DD's, but gets bonus for being on cave tiles or shadow tiles.

Bonding/Synergy with Mutates or Subteraneans for use with Moloids and other possible future Monsters that could be like Constructs that can keep being added when we get to them for a broader army base for Mole Man to control.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 15th, 2010, 08:20 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Two official powers that do what we want:

Underground Movement: Instead of moving normally with Mole Man, you may immediately place him on any empty non-water space that is within 4 spaces of Mole Man and is no higher than 1 level above Mole Man's height or 3 levels below Mole Man's base. If Mole Man is engaged when he starts his Underground Movement, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Hide In Darkness: If Mole Man is attacked with a normal attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If Mole Man is on a dungeon space, add 3 to your die roll. If he is on a shadow space, add 6 to your die roll. If you roll 1-15, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 16 or higher, ignore all damage that would be inflicted by the attack.

And I would definitely much prefer some sort of synergy for Moloids/others over lasers...or maybe a combination, a Commander's Strike-like laser that he shoots at things threatening Moloids/others.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 15th, 2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Two official powers that do what we want:

Underground Movement: Instead of moving normally with Mole Man, you may immediately place him on any empty non-water space that is within 4 spaces of Mole Man and is no higher than 1 level above Mole Man's height or 3 levels below Mole Man's base. If Mole Man is engaged when he starts his Underground Movement, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Hide In Darkness: If Mole Man is attacked with a normal attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If Mole Man is on a dungeon space, add 3 to your die roll. If he is on a shadow space, add 6 to your die roll. If you roll 1-15, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 16 or higher, ignore all damage that would be inflicted by the attack.

And I would definitely much prefer some sort of synergy for Moloids/others over lasers...or maybe a combination, a Commander's Strike-like laser that he shoots at things threatening Moloids/others.
Good stuff.
Old June 16th, 2010, 12:15 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah - I'm liking Necro's take a lot here as well.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 16th, 2010, 12:23 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yeah - I'm liking Necro's take a lot here as well.
Old June 16th, 2010, 12:48 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

He should be a Scientist, as this is how he developed the ability to control all things Subterranean (from Subterranea, not just underground.)

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old July 7th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Here's some thoughts I had put together for Mole Man.

Mole Man
Human
Unique Hero
Ruler
Genius
Medium 4

Life 4
Move 4
Range 4
Attack 4
Defense 4
Cost ?

MOLOID MOVEMENT BONDING
Before taking a turn with Mole Man, you may move up to 4 Moloids you control up to 5 spaces each.

TUNNEL SURPRISE
Once per game, Mole Man may use Tunnel Surprise. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before moving normally with Mole Man, you may place him on any empty space within 5 spaces and no more than 2 levels higher or lower than his current position. Up to 4 Moloids you control that are adjacent to Mole Man before he uses Tunnel Surprise may be placed on adjacent same level spaces as Mole Man after he uses Tunnel Surprise. If Mole Man or the Moloids are engaged when they uses Tunnel Surprise, they will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUBTERRANEAN SENSES
If Mole Man is attacked with a normal or special attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If Mole Man is on a dungeon space, add 3 to your die roll. If he is on a shadow space, add 6 to your die roll. If you roll 1-15, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 16 or higher, ignore all damage that would be inflicted by the attack.

I gave him 4 attack and def because everywhere I've researched said he's a much better fighter than he would appear to be, particularly with he's using his staff in a martial arts manner.

I gave him a range of 4 to represent the different weapons he can shoot out from his staff.

I gave him a move of 4 mostly to keep the 4 theme going for those stats.

I tweaked Hide In Darkness slightly to include special attacks, as everywhere I've found he's got Radar Sense type senses and I figured like DD, it should/could work vs. norm and spec attacks.

I made him a ruler, because I figured the Genius personality would cover his ability to use the technology he found to take control. An since he's the ruler of Moloids and some other monsters in Subterranea, I figured Ruler would be a suitable class.

I figured that there should be some kind of bonding with Moloids, so I gave him a movement bonding similar to the ones found on Nakita's card and Blastatrons card. I figure Moloids should have some kind of horde movement type deal and this will add to their movements. The Moloids likely wouldn't be very powerful at all and might be able to make up for that with movement bonding on this card as well as their own horde movements.

I borrowed from Fey Step for Tunnel Surprise (not the best name but something I threw on there quickly). I saw the love for the Underground Movement, but I didn't really think that thematically, Mole Man is going to be moving in that fashion during a battle. I figured he'd make a big "surprise" entrance and do his thing from there. So I limited it to once per game. I did however, just for kicks add the part where up to 4 Moloids that are engaged to him before Tunnel Surprise could be placed adjacent to him on same level spaces after his uses Tunnel Surprise. I just thought it would add more to the "surprise" if some Moloids came along. If it's too much it can certainly be dropped.

So anyway, that's a take I came up with in trying to capture some thematic elements, as well as the desires commented on above.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; July 7th, 2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old July 7th, 2010, 11:49 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Aside from a few wording tweaks, I can't find anything to complain about with Hahma's card.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 8th, 2010, 11:24 AM

Agreed. I love it!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library