Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old June 26th, 2020, 10:38 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Commentary:
MASTER ASSASSIN
In an earlier version, the multiple attacks happened only when he was adjacent to encourage the visceral side of John Wick. But with this version, he just stands back and snipers and kites. Also, the continuous movement seems to be only after the first attack and not also after the second attack

BOOGEYMAN
Is the bonus attack dice only for the first attack immediately after moving or for all attacks against any figure moved through during any move this turn?

HUMAN SHIELD
While I enjoy the theorycraft of baked in counter strike, in practice it was disgustingly strong. Although, I forgot there was a 20-sided element and I played with automatic... but still...
I think we should maybe go with an earlier version of the Master Assassin. Simplify it.

Master Assassin
When John Wick attacks he may attack 2 additional time. John Wick may attack anytime before, during or after his move.

This is more his run and gun visceral feel I think

Bo0geyman the bonus the way I see it applies to any figure he moves through. Hence if he moves through 3 figures he rolls 2 additional dice against all of them.

Human Shield we simplify and tone and maybe decrease the d20 roll

HUMAN SHIELD
Before rolling defense dice, if John Wick is adjacent to an opponent's medium figure, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 9 or higher, the chosen figure rolls defense dive and takes all wounds . The chosen figure rolls 2 less defense dice against the wounds to a minimum of one.
(might need some help on the wording)
Old June 26th, 2020, 11:09 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Bo0geyman the bonus the way I see it applies to any figure he moves through. Hence if he moves through 3 figures he rolls 2 additional dice against all of them.
My question was, since John Wick has Triple Attack, does he get +2 x3 if he attacks the same figure, or +2/+0/+0.

Quote:
I think we should maybe go with an earlier version of the Master Assassin. Simplify it.
I had considered scaling it all the way down for testing purposes.
Simply Triple Attack, etc.

Quote:
John Wick may attack anytime before, during or after his move.

This is more his run and gun visceral feel I think
I'm still unsure about this aspect of the design; I like the idea of him getting bogged down and having to fight out. But I'm not objecting and encourage testing it.

Quote:
HUMAN SHIELD
Before rolling defense dice, if John Wick is adjacent to an opponent's medium figure, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 9 or higher, the chosen figure rolls defense dive and takes all wounds . The chosen figure rolls 2 less defense dice against the wounds to a minimum of one.
(might need some help on the wording)
The main issue with previous version was that the attacker would get counter attacked. But we could still test this also.

Found a way to power down and simplify Human Shield further

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; June 26th, 2020 at 11:25 PM.
Old June 27th, 2020, 07:07 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I like that.
Old June 27th, 2020, 08:06 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred
Version to prevent comical pingpong

BOOGEYMAN
John Wick can move through all medium figures. Immediately after moving through a figure, John Wick may end his movement and attack with two additional attack dice.

Points 245 --> 325

Old June 27th, 2020, 12:54 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred
Version to prevent comical pingpong

BOOGEYMAN
John Wick can move through all medium figures. Immediately after moving through a figure, John Wick may end his movement and attack with two additional attack dice.

Points 245 --> 325
I like this. Should we specify that he mist attack the figure he moved through
Old June 28th, 2020, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC McMinis View Post
I like this. Should we specify that he mist attack the figure he moved through
Good catch,

BOOGEYMAN
John Wick can move through all medium figures. Immediately after moving through a figure, John Wick may end his movement and attack the figure he moved through with two additional attack dice.

While we're at it, an update in wording for the movement power:

VISCERAL MOVEMENT
John Wick may move before attacking and continue his movement after attacking.

Old June 29th, 2020, 07:57 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. Looks like you are getting close.
Old July 14th, 2020, 07:59 PM

Ok updated card with the new abilities,

Old July 14th, 2020, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC McMinis View Post
Ok updated card with the new abilities,

Just playtested this version.

He felt on point. He went up against Krav Maga -1fig, Nakita -1 fig, and Laglor. He lost with them having one wound remaining.

Visceral Movement was nice with him sticking and moving, felt very on character like he was disappearing into shadows confusing the Agents like where is he attacking from, seems like from everywhere - just like the movie(s).

Boogeyman was the only incentive to bring Wick in close really, but that +2 helped.

Human Shield didn't come into play because he picked everybody off before getting so close to use it, but I like having it. We may need a reference for the wording however -- "nonadjacent normal attack" vs "normal attack from a nonadjacent figure"

Master Assassin - I think I prefer this to be simply called Triple Attack. Something as grandiose in name seems like it should have more, but he already has four powers and I wouldn't want to complex him up further. but as for play, while powerful it didn't feel off character.

He lost to a 250 pt team and playing him didn't feel like I was piloting a 300+ figure.

I slap my thumb of approval.

We need two more literal thumbs up emojis to pass. I'll post our progress to Facebook also. Friday, August 21 will be final deadline to vote, including the time needed to review/discuss phrasing. If we get three total thumbs, John Wick may enter the Halls of Fiction and drink his ale at the Valhalla tavern with the other Heroes of Fiction.

Either way, @Dysole you're next to lead design, @SirGalahad you're second, and @Tornado you're third.

Figure is from Studio Miniatures
https://www.beastsofwar.com/news/pre...g-salute-2017/
but search John Wick 28mm and there are multiple options.

Old July 15th, 2020, 09:27 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Skip Bo

Skip me. I'm not in a headspace to do anything like that right now.

~Dysole, informationally
Old July 15th, 2020, 10:35 AM

Dang, I was looking forward to a Dysole design.
Sir G has been around lately so he may be interested.
I feel like I have not earned an LD here yet.
Old July 15th, 2020, 12:41 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
VISCERAL MOVEMENT
John Wick may move before attacking and continue his movement after attacking.
Is the intent that he makes all of his attacks before continuing his movement
(e.g. move 3, attack 3X, move 2), or can he move, attack, move, attack, move, attack, move?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum