Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old August 15th, 2010, 01:44 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Minotaurus Legos

Has anyone seen or played this game? I just found it on the Walmart site. My son loves legos. He has Lego sets, all the Lego Video games on multiple systems. I'm curious about it because his Bday is in Oct. Thanks for any insight on this game.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old August 15th, 2010, 02:16 AM

Hrockle knows what's in an order marker Hrockle knows what's in an order marker
Re: Minotaurus Legos

Google is your friend.

My B-day's in Oct, too! Happy early birthday to your son.
Old August 15th, 2010, 03:23 AM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker

Your son sounds like my three boys.

While we don't have that particular game, we have three other Lego games and all are a hit (especially the new Harry Potter one; it calls for quite a bit of foresight). My oldest has been asking about Minotaurus, though, so please post your son's reaction to it.
Old September 12th, 2010, 11:25 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

I think the LEGO Company has hired some new marketing people that have come up with a fantastic idea to stimulate sales in this lagging economy. I haven't purchased or played any of the games in this series, BUT I did notice that all of my local Toy-R-Us'es, and WalMarts are saturated with them, because guess what... CHRISTMAS IS COMING SOON and what young child doesn't want to have at least one new Lego Set under the tree.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old September 13th, 2010, 08:25 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

To me, these definitely seem like a 'try before you buy' type of game. As cool as they look, I get the impression that the actul game play is going to be a bit weak. Of course the intention is for kids, not us 'big' kids, so they could be spot on for all I know.

-insert signature here-
Old September 13th, 2010, 10:53 PM

D1 Winner is surprisingly tart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tNkPuYveXw

This is an 8 minute video review, I would have loved this game 20 years ago.

Just realized this is a month old, let me know what you decided.

I won a free Wave D1 from http://www.wargamersheadquarters.com/ !!!!
Old September 14th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1 Winner View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tNkPuYveXw

This is an 8 minute video review, I would have loved this game 20 years ago.

Just realized this is a month old, let me know what you decided.
My son and I watched the video last night and he really liked it, kept hollaring...MINOTAURUS! It seems like a fun game to play between Scape battles. I believe I will pick this up for his B-day in a month.

Old September 14th, 2010, 06:33 PM

D1 Winner is surprisingly tart

My kids are still young but I might get it too.

I won a free Wave D1 from http://www.wargamersheadquarters.com/ !!!!
Old September 14th, 2010, 06:51 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yep, my son and I will be trying out Minotaurus when his B-day rolls around in 5 weeks. He's been bugging me to get every time we go down the board game aisle at WM, completely ignorant to the fact that it's in the top of my closet!
Old September 14th, 2010, 06:53 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

If you go to LEGO.com, they have videos of each of their games that give you a breakdown of the rules and show you a little gameplay. Most of them look pretty fun for the price and the fact that, short of a good game you're still getting some LEGOs.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 14th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Scenariographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Yep, my son and I will be trying out Minotaurus when his B-day rolls around in 5 weeks. He's been bugging me to get every time we go down the board game aisle at WM, completely ignorant to the fact that it's in the top of my closet!
My son's Bday is Oct. 14th. I may have to try out HP: Hogwarts too.

Last edited by xraine69; September 14th, 2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old September 14th, 2010, 09:09 PM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

xraine69, my son gave me Minotaurus as a Fathers Day gift (my son is 2. It plays better than I expected as a 2 player game because if the Minotaur. There are some suggested optional rules for 2 player and we've not tried all of them yet.

We've also played with 3 and 4 players and enjoyed it. The aspect that makes the game interesting really is the minotaur. On your turn you roll the die. There are 3 possible outcomes - move one of your figures, more one of the gray walls (to block a path through the maze or to unblock a path near you), or to move the Minotaur. So it is possible to be very close to getting your figure home but unable to move because of what the die roll comes up. With 4 players, it is a long time until your next die roll.

The best thing about the game is that it is still Legos and you can do what you want.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games