Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old May 8th, 2007, 08:24 AM

GeekZap has disabled reputation
Ninthdoc, hand bags, and Skynight Compatibility

Newb question here.

Will the Marvel Heroscape set be compatible with the regular HS stuff? Will DW9000 be able to go up against the Incredible Hulk?

Thanks for clearing this up for me!
Old May 8th, 2007, 08:27 AM

GeekZap has disabled reputation
Whoops, I just saw this question was already asked. you can delete this thread.
Old May 8th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Compatible? Yes in that they use the same system. But the designers were quite clear when they recommended that they not be mixed.

That said, I am sure we all will be playing mixed genres from time to time after the Marvel release.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 9th, 2007, 06:59 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Compatible? Yes in that they use the same system. But the designers were quite clear when they recommended that they not be mixed.

That said, I am sure we all will be playing mixed genres from time to time after the Marvel release.
Wasn't Craig the only one that said that, way back at Gencon? And am I mistaken in thinking he hasn't addressed it since?

The official press releases and comments made since then seem to encourage adding them into your collection and mixing them in play.
Old May 9th, 2007, 07:14 PM

Turtleboy has disabled reputation
I for one will be mixing them, If its reccomended or not. The way I look at it is, its just a big booster, full of power house Heroes.

Old May 9th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
I've said it before:

Thematically, Cap n' Drake will look really cool together on the field of battle.

And Spidey... well, he just looks cool anywhere.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old May 9th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:

Unless they change the point vlues as seen below...

I dont think too many people will have Marvel in there games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
I've said it before:

Thematically, Cap n' Drake will look really cool together on the field of battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoMan
Captain America On his way to an arraignment at the Federal Courthouse in New York City, Captain
America was shot in the right shoulder by a sniper's bullet. Several subsequent shots were fired point blank
at Rogers by Sharon Carter. Captain America was pronounced dead on arrival at Mercy Hospital.
Summoned to Valhalla by Jandar, Captain America carries on the crusade against evil. Captain America has
befriended SGT Drake Alexander, even calling him "Bucky" on a number of ocassions.

Figure: Marvel Heroclix, Infinity Challenge, Captain America 069 Veteran

HEROSCAPE and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro. © 2006 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
Captain America © 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. All rights reserved.
Cap n Drake do llok cool on the field together already. I like the "Bucky" reference in the story...
Old May 10th, 2007, 12:09 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p

Yeah, you're right. Wait, he sings and dances, too...

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old May 10th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Quote:

Wasn't Craig the only one that said that, way back at Gencon? And am I mistaken in thinking he hasn't addressed it since?

The official press releases and comments made since then seem to encourage adding them into your collection and mixing them in play.
Show me where it says they encourage "mixing" the two. I mean we all have heard or read how Craig has mentioned that they do not recommend the "mixing" of the two game systems, but nowhere have I seen the "mixing" openly encouraged as you suggest.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 10th, 2007, 01:15 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
The only time I've ever seen that even remotely mentioned was by Funagain Games when they originally said that Marvel Legends Heroscape was "fully compatible" with Heroscape.

jcb, here is a formula for you:

Fungain <> Heroscape game manufacturer

Fungain <> Heroscape game developer

Fungain <> Heroscape game designer

Funagain = Doesn't know what they are talking about in this instance due to other facts already in evidence from both Hasbro and Craig Van Ness.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old May 10th, 2007, 01:41 AM

Hex Sinister Woo who?
Quote:
Show me where it says they encourage "mixing" the two. I mean we all have heard or read how Craig has mentioned that they do not recommend the "mixing" of the two game systems, but nowhere have I seen the "mixing" openly encouraged as you suggest.
Well, why would they release an expansion set for a game that is not compatible with the rest of that game? That doesn't make any sense. Whether this has anything to do with its delay one can only guess. I think being able to mix them as an option would be at least half the appeal. In the worse case scenario (where it isn't compatible), members on this site will mod them to be compatible within 24 hours. So I don't see any trouble from either angle. I can't give you any evidence whatsoever, it's just a gut feeling they'll be mix n' match on release.

"Grimnak the Orc is doing something kinda pleasant to my arm." - Sgt. Drake
Old May 10th, 2007, 02:32 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
it's compatible. it probably just won't be allowed in tournaments as the marvel characters, with their higher point values, will be difficult for regular scape figs to counter.
that said, looking at iron man's card, I'd say he's completely balanced, and it shouldn't really be a problem at all. it's just a matter of finding good counterunits, just like with anything else. If a jotun worth every one of his 225 points can be taken out without breaking the game, so can a 210 point iron man.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion