Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old January 25th, 2012, 01:01 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Mabye I'm just dumb but the wording of Lord Eschain's Dark Blade special attack seems conflicted. You have to inflict a wound on the first target to attack any others, but you only roll dice once for all affected figures.?. That doesn't seem to work right. If you are rolling dice once for all affected figures, then you should have to attack all three at the start. But if there is a bonus attack for wounding the first target, then the attacker should have to roll dice again for the second attack, right?
Old January 25th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
Mabye I'm just dumb but the wording of Lord Eschain's Dark Blade special attack seems conflicted. You have to inflict a wound on the first target to attack any others, but you only roll dice once for all affected figures.?. That doesn't seem to work right. If you are rolling dice once for all affected figures, then you should have to attack all three at the start. But if there is a bonus attack for wounding the first target, then the attacker should have to roll dice again for the second attack, right?
Maybe you should read the whole power.

...Roll attack dice once for all figures targeted by the second attack...

Old January 25th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

My apologies for the errors on Will of Chaos. Should the card be redone and then resubmitted? Or just replace the current card with a fixed one and let the submission stand?
Old January 25th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Lord Eschain by Son of Arathorn
This is an *excellent* mini selection to accompany this theme of a Valkrill commander-type.

The wording of the powers may or may not need refinement, and it's possible that both powers can be (a) dropped in favor of something simpler or (b) themselves simplified and cleaned up somehow.

I don't have to reach any of those issues, though, because there's a typo. to reviewing Son of Arathorn's Lord Eschain.

Many thanks for bringing this interesting mini to our thread, Ninja Status, and thanks to Son of Arathorn for creating such a thematic and interesting custom for our community.

ed by SoA himself. It's up to you whether to leave it in the pipeline. The other judges may or may not (they don't have to) give you feedback with their votes.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 25th, 2012, 01:18 PM

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

The card is up to awesomeunleashed. He most graciously creates cards for my custom concepts. I'll shoot him a quick PM and ask him to revise the card, then post it in the thread. Again, sorry for the error.
Old January 25th, 2012, 01:28 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:

Edit: How about affected by the second attack?

Last edited by Super Bogue; January 25th, 2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Dok's right. I'm dumb.
Old January 25th, 2012, 01:32 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think that would clear it up.
Oy. No, please no. No attack in the game targets more than one figure.

I'm happy to discuss better language for the power, but this is not the place.
Old January 25th, 2012, 01:36 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd like to see what you guys say to my squad, the Takers:

This is using the Star Wars figures "Alliance and Empire #53 Snivvian Fringer" "Alliance and Empire #50 Nikto Soldier" and "Champions of the Force #55 Arcona Smuggler." Auggies has all of these for quite low prices and quite high quantities. I also saw some on other sites with the same situation.

Bio-
The Takers were a small band of smugglers and bounty hunters operating on the planet Nessus. As the Soulborg expansion engulfed their galaxy, they were taken prisoner and moved to the prison planet of Isadora, where they promptly escaped. After a number of recaptures and escapes, the Takers managed to strike a deal with the Soulborgs: they would help hunt rebels and insurgents within the expanding Soulborg empire in exchange for their freedom. The former bounty hunters became privateers, equipped with a ship and armed by Soulborgs, free to do what they wanted, as long as important enemy targets turned up dead once in a while.

Concept-
Space scum turned privateer. The Takers were supposed to be ruthless bullies operating in space. A gang needs a leader, and now, as enforcers of the law, the Takers follow their Lawman leaders on the hunt. Sixth Sense was designed to help capture the quick reflexes needed in the rougher parts of space. Lower range reflects the use of small blasters.

Synergy-
They can bond with all Lawmen (my custom Ixx the Taker, James Murphy, Guilty McCreech, Johnny Shotgun Sullivan). They are also relentless and can gain a boost from Khosumet.

Name-
Early in the history of law enforcement, the first form of Police were called thief-takers.

Comments-

I like the boost these guys give to the lawmen, and Khosumet can always use some love. I think perhaps the defense is 1 too high combined with Sixth Sense, and I'm unsure with the cost. A bonding range squad is pretty powerful, but with short range and a lower attack, I don't know how it works out. I also didn't know whether they would be better as a unique squad or as a common squad. The picture isn't the best, but that's all I could find online.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Last edited by Tai-Pan; January 25th, 2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old January 25th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ooh, Tai Pan, I like these guys a lot and I like the idea of expanding the SF genre with non-robots. Good theme, good story, interesting powers.

I note the inconsistency between the use of "Sixth Sense" in some places and "Sixth Sense 1" in others. I think "Sixth Sense" would be enough, and "Outrimmers" makes no sense to me whatsoever. So I'll The Takers for now, but I am very interested and I think there is something worthy going on here.

There does seem to be a fair amount of bookkeeping involved with Sixth Sense, too, in that when your opponent's squaddies begin attacking you still need to be aware of which one started where. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 25th, 2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think that would clear it up.
Oy. No, please no. No attack in the game targets more than one figure.

I'm happy to discuss better language for the power, but this is not the place.
Correct, please cease and desist. A better card should be up soon.
Old January 25th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Sorry kc, but I agree with D_S: that's Dying Swipe, not Counterstrike (even with the token shield reference thrown in). I vote NO to review Green Wyrmling by killercactus.

Will of Chaos needs to be clarified and cleaned up, so I vote NO to review Lord Eschain by Son of Arathorn (that being said, I am hoping to see him resubmitted-he's filled with Valkrilly deliciousness-though I am concerned that he might be priced 20 or 30 points low. I'll be heading to your customs thread to discuss him more in just a sec Edit: Disregard. While analyzing and comparing it more I think he actually looks priced pretty well.)

Lord Eschain by Son of Aragorn has received 3 NO votes to review (Dad_Scaper, Killometer, Lamaclown) and is removed from the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I think perhaps the defense is 1 too high combined with Sixth Sense, and I'm unsure with the cost. A bonding range squad is pretty powerful, but with short range and a lower attack, I don't know how it works out. I also didn't know whether they would be better as a unique squad or as a common squad.
I'd rather see these questions be resolved before reviewing them. I vote NO to review Takers by Tai-Pan.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Last edited by Killometer; January 25th, 2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old January 25th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Esteemed judges, I would like to re-nominate Son of Arathorn's Lord Eschain with a corrected card.

If this is not allowed, please excuse me, I am simply acting on SoA's orders. I'll admit it probably has too much text, but again, this isn't my custom.

SoA, is this what you want?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs