Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you feel about using Magic: AotP figures in Heroscape
No thanks, the unpainted figures would bug me. 8 13.79%
Yes, but only if they stay Planeswalkers - the characters are too iconic to retheme. 4 6.90%
Yes, but only if the Planeswalkers are rethemed as generic fantasy figures. 38 65.52%
None of the above. (Please post an explanation below.) 8 13.79%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 23rd, 2017, 11:59 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Some people want to watch the world burn

If the C3V wants to use the magic the gathering minis, I say go for it. I don’t mind if those guys want to make them into generic heroes (hello Agent Carr, Syvarris) or if they want to make them as planeswalkers. The monochrome minis could be fiddly, but that’s alright by me. The pheonixes look pretty good without paint, imo.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 23rd, 2017, 02:43 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Using Magic: AotP figures in Heroscape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Also, the actual hexes that come with AotP are different than any Heroscape tiles, so maybe C3V can do a small "quicksand" expansion/rules with those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Wish the backside of the map boards were useful
The map boards from the Innistrad set are double-sided. Really don't know why they didn't make the originals double-sided.

*to Chandra Nalaar, Pyromancer as Sudema is to Medusa.
Quicksand ... brilliant!!!

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 23rd, 2017, 03:51 PM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEROSCAPERMTL View Post
I guess I'm in the minority here but I personally wouldn't add AotP figures to Heroscape. I like the Magic version fine the way it is and would rather have it as a separate game. However, I will admit that the Planeswalkers could be used to make some cool Heroscape customs.
No matter what C3V does or doesn't do, you'll always have AotP as its own game. Making customs for Heroscape proper out of the minis won't make AotP suddenly stop existing. Though if they do get added, changing them to other fantasy figures instead of planeswalkers will help with separation anxiety.
I just stated my personal preference. I prefer to use AotP figures with AotP, not Heroscape. That is my personal preference. No matter what C3V does or doesn't do, I simply wouldn't use AotP figures in Heroscape.

If C3V does in fact use AotP figures, I would suggest to use only the painted minis (planeswalkers) and to give them their own Heroscape identity. My reasoning is not for fear of separation anxiety, rather for interest in keeping the Heroscape lore as pure as possible.
Old November 23rd, 2017, 03:52 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quicksand, agreed.

Old November 23rd, 2017, 06:12 PM

LeiaBlaze Woo who?

I'm too attached to the characters in Magic (Chandra is my GIRL!) so it would be weird to see them as generic to me.
Old November 23rd, 2017, 06:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Your name does not have to end in V to make quicksand tiles.
Old November 24th, 2017, 12:16 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEROSCAPERMTL View Post
My reasoning is not for fear of separation anxiety, rather for interest in keeping the Heroscape lore as pure as possible.
I think Magic is a better and more interesting fit than D&D
Old November 24th, 2017, 12:58 AM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I think Magic is a better and more interesting fit than D&D
I agree with you, but I like the DnD waves of Heroscape. They give a bit of diversity in terms of characters without feeling like a different miniatures game.
Old November 24th, 2017, 02:49 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I enjoy AotP, but at the moment, I am teaching young teens HeroScape in their second language. AotP is significantly more complex, although I do have German sets, so I am trying to make customs that integrate AotP minis into HeroScape normal via reinterpretation of the minis for people unfamiliar with Magic (like me). Here are some of my design ideas:

Base Set
Elf Wizard (mechanical niche in the Wizard Pod)
Elf Archers (different accent than Aubrien, maybe different general)
Treants (maybe with Tree Bonding?)

Illusionist (works with Illusions)
Illusions (part of Illusionist)
Wraiths (Double attack, phantom walk)

Fire elementalist (uses only fire elementals/ I really like Necroblade's suggestion of turning tiles to lava)
Firecats (fire damage to adj. Fast)
Phoenixes (rebirth)

Air Elementalist/Human Champion (either a chastising Champion or someone who works with air elementals)
Rhino Infantry (tough, maybe bonding to a new category, eg Paladin or Knight?)
Hook Fighters (grapple, pull enemies closer, maybe new vampire faction under Einar?)

Magic User
Proxies for Skeletons of Annelitia
Proxies for Thralls

Small Expansion
Marro Hivelord (very expensive monster)
Alien creatures (maybe Mind Controllers?)

Utgar/Valkrill Kyrie
Merfolk Water Elementalist

Elf Swordsmen (same as Archers from Base Set)
Valkrill Vampires (Bloodlust or similar marker power)
Merfolk Warrior (maybe destroy Water Elementals to use Water-Based Power)
Gliding Warrior (maybe new vampire faction under Einar?)
Goblin Javelins (ranged version of Cutters)

Base Set 2
Wizard (Jace)
Nahiri and Soren as two Einar Vampires (background story: conflicting Vampire houses on home planet, transfers to Valhalla. More noble Vampires)
Spirit Wolf (Ullar wolf faction)
Elf Wizard

Ghosts (lure enemies with lanterns)
Ghost Buster (bonus vs Undead)

Vampires (Cyprien's noble friends)
Prophet (Devout Hero, bonding with cultists)

Cultists (Devout Hero Bonding)
4th figure proxy for Skeletons of Annelitia

Killer Angel
Inquisitors (Devout Hero Bonding)

Hunters (Hunter bonding?)
Wolves (Ullar Wolf faction)

Some have better ideas than others, but it is a work in progress. I have 2 copies of everything, so I'm tending towards common squads, but making the heroes generally unique.

EDIT: I vote "Yes", as long as I can send in my unpainted figures to have C3V do a uniform paint job!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Last edited by Tai-Pan; November 24th, 2017 at 01:00 PM.
Old November 26th, 2017, 09:35 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

I also was surprised not to see those figures used as classic custom.

At the French forum, it was the first thing we made !
From one hand we designed the army cards for the AotP "master set",
On the other hand, one of us as in charge of gathering the sets to paint all the squad figures, and then spread them around for the interested members of the forum. This way all the participants has the same lot of figures painted the same way, with unified tested army cards.
An advantage here is that an Auchan market sold those sets for only 12€ ! ^^

You can see the result here. Preview of the result : (more detailed photos and the army cards are on the French Forum)
Spoiler Alert!

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old November 26th, 2017, 09:51 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Use them. I understand the Magic fans saying they are too iconic to be seen as Heroscape figures, but as a Star Wars fan that has seen the B-11 Resistance Corps, Hoplitron, M-43 Resistance Fighters, Seleena, and especially the Zettian Deathwings and Zettian Infantry enter the Heroscape world via C3V and SoV, I think you'll be OK. There is a dearth of affordable, prepainted figures available. Very little should be off-limits. I'm even OK with using the unpainted figures if quality designs and easy paint schemes are achieved.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old November 26th, 2017, 12:16 PM

LoDeNo knows what's in an order marker LoDeNo knows what's in an order marker LoDeNo knows what's in an order marker

To complete Danieloche's post :
If you are living in France (because of the shipping cost), my offer to paint all the figures of the Magic set is still running for every member of the french forum.

The french forum : http://forum.heroscape.free.fr/

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs