Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old October 21st, 2008, 06:07 PM

rhodan818 has disabled reputation
Washington DC NHSD Battle Report

Had a great time meeting new players at Drewcula's place in DC, was a really great spot to hold a tournament, his building has a great community room.

Format:
550 points, bring two armies
Army 1:
Glad x 3 Blas x 2 Nilfheim
Armt 2:
Grimnak Tornak Blade x 3 Raelin Kaemon Awa Isamu,

Game 1: vs Mark with Jotun, Sonlen, Sylvarris, arkmer, marcu on Flashfire

Used the first army, he brought out jotun and sylvarris. Engaged jotun down with glads, he disengaged to get bettere positioning, but jotun received 2 wounds and died before he could move. Sent in the glads to clamp down the elves and took the heroes down one by one.

Game 2: vs Drewcula with marcus, einar imperium x2, 10th regiment of the foot x2, marcu on Ice Blossom

Used the orc army for the first and last time. Ran in Grimnak to chomp an einar imperium, but was masterfully lured into the firing zone of 4 10th regiment and chompers dies in one volley. Moved raelin into the center and had a slipper fight fest between tornak, blade gruts vs the einar imperium and foot. Got lucky on some defense rolls and the blade gruts get to cut down the einar imperium. Lose tornak and make way to starting zone and take out everything but marcu with only blade gruts left at the front.

Ran the blade gruts back because I feared marcu's vampire powers, and set up marcu to fight kaemon one vs one. Actually got a counterstrike hit on the first defense, and proceeded with quick release for the win.

Game 3: vs Russ with Torkulna, grubs x2, airborne, new drake??

Was fearing a first round ko from the airborne, but they didnt make it out until round 3. Tried to set up a screen to hold the choke points with glads on the two hills on Flashfire. Torkulna stomps down the left side, and has good positining surrounded by nagrubs, we battle for several rounds, where I am deathly afraid of all my trons getting stomped down on TKN with +3 move from road tiles. Eventually get to take down trampy and the rest go down easy.

Game 4: vs Brooks with Skahen, KMA, monks, sonlen, raelin, isamu? on Broken Skyline

Advanced the tron horde up the middle and was having a shoot out with boosted trons vs stealth dodge. Eventually get to position 5 blasts hanging out in the center like it new year's dance off, and eventually take down the kmas with repeated volleys. Ran a glad in the back to clamp down the monks and assassinate them with a blast I ran up the right side. Sonlen wasn't able to get much traction, and was pinned off on the side, eventually ganged up by 4 glads whiles blasts do their thing.

Game 5 vs Rose with Nakita Agents, glads x 2, blasts x2, major x17, warriors of ashra

Was a great tron vs tron battle, with the nakita agents really causing a headache for my blast's ability to target unit. Eventually had to go a full round where I placed ALL my order markers on the glads and had a melee slugfest to come out on top. On a side note, warriors of ashra had decimated my friends army the game before and I think I had an unreasonable fear of them at that point. Eventually had to bring nilfheim out to blast ice on the last nakita, x17 and a few remaining glads while my trons served as blockers

Game 6 vs Tony (both undefeated) with cyprien, new drake, zelrig, sonya esenwein

Tony runs in zelright and immediate destroys 4 glads on his first turn with majestic fire. I use my turn to move the trons around and split them up, but left a group in the center that enticed zelrig to go in. He uses majestic fires to take out a glad and 2 blasts, one glad miraculously survives by rolling a sheild with his one defense dice.

I get the opportunity and swarm zelright with 4 glads, shooting with 4 blasts on height for 6 dice each, and take him down in one turn. I start swarming the rest of the tron horde up to make a line across the middle, and get cyprien cyber-clawed and taken down by a barrage of blastatron fire.

New drake causes a huge headacher for my tron army, so I clump them together to make a wall for nilfheim who takes shots at drake with the ice breath. It takes about 5 turns, but drake can not keep up after being clawed by multiple gladitrons and goes down. I use my remaining two turns in the round to run up to sonya and use the breath weapon to take her out.

I got first choice and took home an acolarh boxed set, the last flag bearer I needed to finish the set!
Old October 21st, 2008, 06:14 PM

Blazemane has disabled reputation
Re: Washington DC NHSD Battle Report

Wow. Congratulations on your dominance. You obviously had a really strong strategy going.

Look, I'm sorry, but if you don't have the commom sense to be afraid of the Marro Warriors, someone's gonna have to teach you a lesson in humility, and it's probably going to be them who do it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports