Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:31 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifstream View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Yeah, games are kind of like crack. I keep wanting more even though it's tough to get the one's I've got on the table, and I'm sure my collection wouldn't make a dent in Onacara's
I hear ya... I buy more than I actually have time to play. It's a sickness... I bet Onacara's collection trumps mine too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Yeah, games are kind of like crack. I keep wanting more even though it's tough to get the one's I've got on the table, and I'm sure my collection wouldn't make a dent in Onacara's
Kind of?

I finally took the plunge and put all my Warhammer 40K stuff up for bid on ebay (search for seller nyys1 if interested, only about 10 hours left in all the auctions) and at the moment the total in bids will pay off my "nyys is responsible for the whole balance, the $$ for the 'house' does not pay this bill" credit card. So of course now I'm hoping that there is a feeding frenzy at the end so that the 'excess' funds can go into a CSI order.

I mean, it wouldn't make sense to pay off another bill... right?
Bills are overrated... When I sold all my D&D and Axis and Allies minis, I got around $460. Every single penny went into buying games, heh.
I am thinking of getting rid of my war hammer beastmen that I got just to paint. Also, I keep thinking of the stuff that can get paid off if I sell my Heroscape collection, but it is hard.
Are they painted yet?
Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:47 AM

ifstream Woo who?

MM I think it is good to keep your collection small, but a 100 games is still a lot. I got into board gaming again last March when I bought a friend’s Heroscape collection that he never played. In about 9 months time I already got the entire lot of hero’s and 3 to 6 sets each of all the commons with lots of terrain. Then started buying many other board games to play with friends and family. My wife does not play many of the games with me, but I have friends that will. They will either come up from Fort Collins or I have to drive down there.
I know it cost more, but I was buying my games at a local gaming store instead of CSI. Problem is at the local store in order to get fair (to me) discounts now I would have to buy a membership. I just do not buy memberships because of Believes I have. So I guess that leaves CSI, but I am scared what will happen when my wife sees a big box of games come in at once LOL. My wife is smaller than me but she scares me lol.
Also, note I did not say I would stop buying from the local store. I am saying I will slow down to maybe one in 6 months instead of a few each month. So not complaining about anything just stating why because of believes I will not buy a membership into a gaming store just to get discounts.

Remember I still support the local gaming store and I have not bought from CSI. But like I said that is because I am scared of my wife.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:48 AM

ifstream Woo who?

i would say about 70% are painted
Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:50 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Where are the picks?
Old February 2nd, 2012, 12:05 PM

Another Dungeon Run Mini

Another Runebound Midnight Mini
Old February 2nd, 2012, 12:09 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice as always, Jormi.

Now that I'm through most of my Christmas videogame pile, I've finally gotten back to painting more regularly. More importantly, last night I finished the highlighting on my giant troll pile that I had clogged up my motivation for a couple months now. Hopefully I'll be done with basing tonight and can have pictures ready tomorrow. I think in total its something like sixteen 40 mm based figures.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 12:36 PM

Thanks! looking forward to the trolls. Should get some gaming in tonight. Maybe CitOW. Hopefully I will finish painting the DR minis this weekend.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 12:58 PM

ifstream Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
Quote:
Where are the picks?
After seeing the pics of the ones you did, I feel embarrassed of my painting skills. I have started painting Earth Reborn characters. LOL for some reason I started with the sniper girl…I do not know why honest.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
Quote:
Where are the picks?
After seeing the pics of the ones you did, I feel embarrassed of my painting skills. I have started painting Earth Reborn characters. LOL for some reason I started with the sniper girl…I do not know why honest.
I am sure they are better than you give yourself credit for. Also, posting them can lead to constructive criticism to help make your painting better.

My take on the sniper form ER
Old February 2nd, 2012, 05:59 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Two games of Stone Age last night. My wife and I each won one.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 01:11 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
Quote:
I hear ya... I buy more than I actually have time to play. It's a sickness... I bet Onacara's collection trumps mine too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Kind of?

I finally took the plunge and put all my Warhammer 40K stuff up for bid on ebay (search for seller nyys1 if interested, only about 10 hours left in all the auctions) and at the moment the total in bids will pay off my "nyys is responsible for the whole balance, the $$ for the 'house' does not pay this bill" credit card. So of course now I'm hoping that there is a feeding frenzy at the end so that the 'excess' funds can go into a CSI order.

I mean, it wouldn't make sense to pay off another bill... right?
Bills are overrated... When I sold all my D&D and Axis and Allies minis, I got around $460. Every single penny went into buying games, heh.
I haven't gotten to the point of selling anything yet as my collection is still kind of small compared to a lot of you guys. I have no Warhammer, though my Scape stuff is about my most valuable gaming commodity and I just can't part with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Heh. According to Boardgamegeek, I own 601 games, though that includes expansions...
Ouch Jim, that's a lot of games, even if it includes expansions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Heh. According to Boardgamegeek, I own 601, though that includes expansions...
I try VERY, VERY, hard to keep my collection around 100 just so I can try and play them all. I find if it starts getting too much over that, things just tend to sit. It's not easy but that's also one of the reasons I keep track of how many and what games I play. Just to keep myself...honest....I guess.
I have to think quite a bit about games that I buy because I want to make sure I'll play them, at least a little There are so many games I'm tempted to put in the shopping cart but then think, "when will I play this?" and then when the likelihood seems low, then I remove it from the cart.

I had saved up some money (cash) and was ready to buy some stuff but it still took awhile to pull the trigger. I have a buddy at work that has Paypal and...well he hooks me up so I don't get the bill or package at home and he hooked me up today. I have the core set of Lord Of The Rings: The Card Game and really enjoy it, so I ordered all 6 adventure packs for it and the new large expansion for it. I also ordered Blood Bowl: Team Manager. The LOTR cards will fit in the core box so it won't get noticed on the game shelf and Blood Bowl can stay in my travel gaming bag. At least I know I'll play those games/expansions, so I'm fine with the purchase.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 3rd, 2012, 01:14 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I played half a game of Diplomacy tonight. My first time playing, as it was for the 4 of the 5 of us. The 6th player bailed because his kid was sick, so we were stuck with 5, which I guess is less than optimal. We took out Italy and Germany from the game. I was Turkey and had an alliance with Austria-Hungary and Russia, but the French/English alliance was too strong as they were able to build up supply centers easily without contest because of Italy and Germany slowing us from getting to them. It was fun but we called it after 3 1/2 hours and considered it a learning game that we will plan on playing again when we can get 6 or 7 players.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games