Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Would it have been nice to (finally) get a Cowboy leader?
Yes. The Lawmen are incomplete without one. 17 28.81%
Maybe. Would be cool, but not necessary. 35 59.32%
No. Some units don't need synergy. 4 6.78%
Other. Explanation in comments. 3 5.08%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 25th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Would you have liked a leader for the cowboys?

I would want very, very weak synergy. Not straight bonding to a hero or connecting heroes, a figure that could stand on his own and be only slightly overcosted, but would fight right in with the cowboys price-wise and thematically. What that would be, I will brainstorm, but right now your guess is as good as mine.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old May 25th, 2014, 11:38 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Historically ninjas didn't wear black--they wore whatever would make them look anonymous in a crowd. Dressing them in the typical pop culture garb but in general-specific colors seems pretty reasonable to me.
Well, when they were supposed to wear "black" it was actually dark blue, since black stands out at night.
We think of them as wearing black because the stage crew in Japanese drama wore black, so ninjas in the dramas would wear black to catch the audience off-guard when they assassinated people.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 26th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I actually think I knew they wore basic clothing most of the time - just forgot it for a moment. I didn't realise they actually wore dark blue instead of black when wearing 'black', though - so what we're saying is none of the 'Scape ninjas are historically accurate!
I do actually think some of the ninjas are pretty comical - these are deadly assassins, they shouldn't be wearing bright colours! Shiori is especially ridiculous - she looks straight out of some bad anime cartoon.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 26th, 2014, 07:12 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
...looks straight out of some bad anime cartoon.
Heroscape

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 26th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
That's great! Anyone know what figure was used?
SHERIFF from Black Scorpion. Unpainted resin. Black Scorpion has a ton of historical minis along that line... there were a lot in discussion from Sam Sixkiller back when we were doing Create-a-Unit.
Old May 27th, 2014, 10:43 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I've recently been introduced to a new line of Western themed minis called Wild West Exodus. They have a slight futuristic twist to them (so not historically accurate figures) and are unpainted. The heroes are quite expensive as they must be charging for them based on what they do in the game. I did buy a box of 10 Outlaw figures though on e-bay and got them for about $5 a piece. Have not assembled and painted any of them yet but they look pretty good out of the box. So if you are into painting minis and looking to add some Cowboy (or Indians, or Union Troops) to your games take a look.

They also produce a Serenity inspired set of 8 figures called the Wayward Eight (located in the Mercs section). Not perfect representations of the crew but you can see the resemblance. An Abe Lincoln Vampire Killer mini can be found in the Union section too if you really liked that movie.
Old May 27th, 2014, 01:13 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

My vision of our Cowboy Leader is a physically lean, extremely quick gunfighter. He is adept at dodging ranged projectiles, but not so good at hand to hand (a sort of Doc Holliday before the TB). I'd give him a Defense of 5 except against adjacent units, where it would drop to 2. I'm torn between giving him Counterstrike against all ranged attacks or giving him a chance to attack when targeted for a ranged attack. I'd give him the ability to take a turn with one Cowboy hero before taking his own. I'd also allow him to bond with Brave Arrow.
Old May 27th, 2014, 02:22 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

An easier hero to create would be a Mount. I'd give it a Move of 8, allow a Carried Cowboy to attack before, during or after the Mount's move, and have them take turns in pairs like Wyrmlings.
Old May 27th, 2014, 02:38 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

My vision of our Cowboy Leader is a physically lean, extremely quick gunfighter. He is adept at dodging ranged projectiles, but not so good at hand to hand (a sort of Doc Holliday before the TB). I'd give him a Defense of 5 except against adjacent units, where it would drop to 2. I'm torn between giving him Counterstrike against all ranged attacks or giving him a chance to attack when targeted for a ranged attack. I'd give him the ability to take a turn with one Cowboy hero before taking his own. I'd also allow him to bond with Brave Arrow.
On second thought, I'd make him more like Wyatt Earp, with Double Attack, -1 to Range on the second. Otherwise, he'd stay the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

An easier hero to create would be a Mount. I'd give it a Move of 8, allow a Carried Cowboy to attack before, during or after the Mount's move, and have them take turns in pairs like Wyrmlings.
This is a cool enough idea, and easy enough to implement, that I'll include rules for Mounts in general, based on this template, in my next scenario.
Old May 27th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Uh, kolakoski, are you talking to yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 27th, 2014, 03:23 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Uh, kolakoski, are you talking to yourself?
I do that often, apparently.

In this case, I didn't want anyone who read my earlier post(s) already to miss anything.
Old May 27th, 2014, 03:55 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

In response to the poll question, yes I have always wanted some more cowboys to tie the heroes together. I have wanted to be able to play all the Cowboys together as a group of outlaws or posse but fielding all of them at once is not a good army as is. They are all just so fragile that OM management becomes a nightmare. Especially when facing squads, the 2 defense results in dead Cowboys often before they can go.

I think a solid unique squad of 4 cowboys would be a great way to tie them all together. Let them bond with the Cowboy Heroes and Brave Arrow so that you can take a turn with whichever hero is still alive and currently in need. You would start out with a lot of fire power (4 ranged attacks + the bonded attacker), but then you would lose members of the squad and that firepower would quickly decrease. The OM flexibility provided would still be invaluable even when down to just 1 of the 4 squad figures though. Need a shotgun blast to take out a group of advancing zombies? Here's Johnny! Need to hit a support unit far behind enemy lines? Dead Eye Dan is your man. Need to run up and engage a powerful ranged hero? Brave Arrow will lead the charge. A high defense figure pestering your lines? Boost Guilty up and send 2 shots at it for 2 chances of a whiff.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion