Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old December 2nd, 2014, 06:41 PM
A Robot in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Urk

Mob Swarm needs an 'each' after up to 2 spaces I think. Presently I believe a strict wording only lets you move 1 of the 8 Goblins 2 spaces or 2 of them 1 space each. That's obviously not the intent though, so I guess I'll give it an

Kalagrith

I think 'Dragon Baron' sounds pretty awesome, and it's not like the official game was ever stingy with adding new classes (I'm pretty sure there was at least 1 new class per wave at the very minimum). Not seeing the problem.

I do have a problem with the special attack name. 'Wing Buffet' sounds like a special at Golden Coral, regardless if it is technically accurate or not. Even a change as simple as "Buffeting Wings" would be much better to me.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 2nd, 2014, 06:41 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Lord would work, but I discounted Lord because of the interactions with Skeles(Which should have Undead required in the power if you are asking me...).
The possibility of a Pretty Little Pony Princess commanding an undead horde of skeletons was a design choice, not an oversight.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old December 2nd, 2014, 06:49 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

to Kalagrith for a couple reasons. First, I don't think it fits under Ullar. I'm not sure where it could fit though, but it doesn't really look like Charos, and it seems that you're trying to get the same vibe from him as from Charos. Second, I don't like the Range on the Special Attack. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Thirdly, I'm starting to get pickier to try to thin out our workload. If there were less units in the pipeline, I might overlook some concerns and give it a shot. But there's a pretty big flood recently (which I like), and that forces us to be even more discerning at the gate.

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:
make a card/post your maps

google sheets:
ohs link generator/attack outcomes

CVN~ "I highly recommend C3V customs!"
Old December 2nd, 2014, 06:51 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I'm just trying to figure out what motivates your position, since it's very clearly not based on the reality of what these titles meant historically, nor is it based on the way the Hasbro Dragons are portrayed in the lore.
While the dragon bios typically mention numerous varieties of dragons in Icaria, I see nothing in them that leads me to suppose the Dragons had a hierarchy more complex than a simple Ruler* + Child of Ruler** + possibly Ruler-Spouse system in place.

*King/Queen/Emperor/Empress
**Prince/Princess

First, many "minor" titles can actually denote a sovereign ruler. There have been (and in some cases still are) entirely sovereign states called "Principalities", "Duchies", and "Counties".

... but more importantly, this is just a really really strange standard to try to enforce, and to feel so strongly about that it motivates a NtR by itself. Yes, we don't have clear evidence of an intricate peerage structure among Dragon nobility in Icaria. We also don't have evidence of a lack of it. Before this conversation happened, the idea that someone would reject a class for a Dragon because the noble title implied a hierarchical relationship would have been utterly alien to me.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 06:58 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

If it makes you feel better, I partially or completely agree with superfrog and Soundwarp on each of their reasons, excepting superfrog's about the range on the SA, which I can wrap my brain around. The noble title thing just stuck out really big for me. If everything else felt right I might be more willing to at least review it.

Your custom probably has too much Defense.

--

A Child of the Risen Lord
--
Oklahoma HS Events - Colorado HS Events
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Maps Customs Trades

Last edited by capsocrates; December 2nd, 2014 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Although I am getting tired of ultimately voting NAY due to things that I should have disliked at submission time.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 07:07 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

It does make me feel better.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 08:21 PM
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I am removing Kalagrith from consideration for the time being.

I fear Wing Buffet special attack's name should be changed. The last thing I want is for heroscapers to be subliminally famished after a game of Heroscape with the dragon. Sadly I think I have scarred many of you for life...

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 08:31 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I find it odd that Urk is getting a nod to be reviewed, when it's giving synergy to a group that really doesn't need it, as compared to some other units, to get them on the table. Unless you guys are looking at him for different reasons, which is fine.

EDIT: Though, I suppose it gets the Bugbear+Cutters combo to see more play, which is a neat idea.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 08:43 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun

Urk working with the Bugbears doesn't bother me right now (whether that'll be the case after testing is another matter). to review Urk.

FWIW @Kinseth , I like the core of Kaligrith (not so sure about the SA name and class). Before you go re-submitting, you'll want to fix the typo in the SA (Kaligrithis instead of Kaligrith).
Old December 2nd, 2014, 08:51 PM

Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby!

Congrats to the French community for Asterios! Can't wait to summon him to my game room, but...
Anybody know when Reaper is going to restock? None of my first line retailers have him in stock.

Eagerly awaiting March of 2017 & August of 2019, when my little Grimnaks achieve the recommended minimum age for Master Rules...
Old December 2nd, 2014, 09:13 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
I find it odd that Urk is getting a nod to be reviewed, when it's giving synergy to a group that really doesn't need it, as compared to some other units, to get them on the table. Unless you guys are looking at him for different reasons, which is fine.

EDIT: Though, I suppose it gets the Bugbear+Cutters combo to see more play, which is a neat idea.
There is no such thing as a currently released group that needs synergy "to get them on the table."

Urk's addition of synergy will be discussed in the IS vote, I'm sure. My initial, knee-jerk explanation for why Urk doesn't seem like a big deal is that he seems like just an extension of what the Cutters and Bugbears already do.

Your custom probably has too much Defense.

--

A Child of the Risen Lord
--
Oklahoma HS Events - Colorado HS Events
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Maps Customs Trades
Old December 3rd, 2014, 09:41 AM
worthless thread clother

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well met!

Just catching up here. Having no dog in this hunt, here are my impressions:

Urk is IMHO one of the best designs SoV has ever considered. Its elegance and "rightness" jumped out at me at first reading.

Finally came up with a good design for the Kobolds I see.

Elgos Knights are a nice and nasty addition to the pantheon of unique squads, and more generally useful than the Ebon Armor.

Jaraptara is totally unique and very cool.

The Thorseby Woodsmen would do well on most of my Evergreen heavy maps.

Red Ants are an interesting, elegant design.

Cormin's Facade 11 is a very cool mechanic.

Ashi-Duhlu's Devour is better than Grimnak's Chomp, so this unit appears overpowered and/or under priced.

Viceron has a lot of cool stuff going on for perhaps too few points - compare to Cyprien.

I'd rather see the best, most unique, elegant, and thematic design adapted, regardless of whether or not it helps other units that "need it," or those that "don't need it."

You can never have enough Warlords.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs