Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 20th, 2018, 10:47 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Dr. G's Customs 2.0

Cool demons! I saw your repaint thread before stopping over here. Nice work. Did you mention where the figures were from? Maybe I missed that.

I really, really like the Gatekeepers. Such a unique idea! I'd like to see them as a common squad to keep one death from making them utterly useless. Although, the Acheron Sacrifice is a nice way to help give them staying power. If they were a common squad, Acheron Sacrifice might make them too strong actually. Your opponent needs a way to take them out and prevent gateways from allowing your start zone to spill out into prime areas in the middle of the map. I could see a lot of great game play decisions in manuevering these guys around.

Fantastic work!
Old February 20th, 2018, 11:37 AM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks @bmon ! I did fail to say where these guys came from, though I think I mentioned it a while ago somewhere. They're from the Warhammer box Bloodletters of Khorne.

The Sacrifice power is definitely helpfull, getting rid of a couple Bloodletters to allow more to spill into the heat of battle feels good, or putting a wound on Babauligos if you only take one, holding a glyph with a Gatekeeper could be very interesting...

Unique works well for them, considering the box comes with 10 minis and two are holding things to set them apart. I don't want to have to paint another ten of these guys, either.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old November 24th, 2018, 04:49 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wowza, I haven't posted here in nearly a year.

Well, I recently made a bunch of cards for units that either never had one made, or had been lost when SumoPaint dumped all my images. None of these guys have seen much play in 2018... But that will change! I'm planning on resurrecting my customs very soon, and you should be able to see that unfold in the coming days (weeks, years maybe...).

Anyhow, I wanted to make a post to the effect that everything here is starting to churn, again. My first priority will be getting my demons to the level of testing that Bob Oom and Gnuk are (in other words, to where I feel comfortable playing with them even though they are certainly not 100% polished). I am planning on playing with them this evening, so you should be able to look forward to more demonic updates in the near future.

Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old November 27th, 2018, 12:14 PM
On vacation...

Well, I got some games in with the Bloodletters and Gatekeepers. I have decided that testing the demons independent of Babauligos is the way to go, since he should probably be fairly expensive.

Here are the Bloodletters and Gatekeepers cards for reference:

Here are my accounts of the 5 games that were played, only 2 of which showed anything other than how bad the Bloodletters are against heroes:
Spoiler Alert!

In the end, the Bloodletter/Gatekeeper combo is severely underpowered, as far as I can tell. I'm considering dropping the Bloodletters down in price and trying to keep them as-is otherwise. I have no idea how to go about pricing the Gatekeepers, since they don't do any of the fighting themselves unless you're in a pickle. I'm thinking 35 might be good per squad of Bloodletters, though.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old December 24th, 2022, 10:50 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

When I was trying to find your customs thread (as of this post the link in your signature only links to the OP of your customs thread without any other posts) I found this in your “what custom is this” thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

The guy with the shield upraised is a Phantom Knight, which might explain why he looks familiar.

No idea on the other two.
Thanks! That would definitely explain the familiar look... In a somewhat frustrating way. Oh well, I think he was $1 so I'm not too upset.
I know it’s old but I was wondering if I could inspire you to make a before he-was-a-phantom-knight custom? maybe—if you don’t have any other ideas—a new customs contest?
Old January 2nd, 2023, 05:44 PM
On vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
When I was trying to find your customs thread (as of this post the link in your signature only links to the OP of your customs thread without any other posts) I found this in your “what custom is this” thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

The guy with the shield upraised is a Phantom Knight, which might explain why he looks familiar.

No idea on the other two.
Thanks! That would definitely explain the familiar look... In a somewhat frustrating way. Oh well, I think he was $1 so I'm not too upset.
I know it’s old but I was wondering if I could inspire you to make a before he-was-a-phantom-knight custom? maybe—if you don’t have any other ideas—a new customs contest?
Hmm... That's a really interesting idea. I haven't done anything with that mini, so I might have to do something like that. I love to see the interest in the contests too! I would love to start those up again... and I think I even have a cohost now so I wouldn't be able to disappear like I am one to do.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards