Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old January 4th, 2023, 05:04 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

How do y'all go about tracking your plays? Just a spreadsheet? How do you remember to log what you played?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 4th, 2023, 07:45 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

I use the notepad on my phone and then move it over to goggle drive once a month. There’s also a few apps that do it. I’m currently testing out BGG catalog.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old January 4th, 2023, 08:15 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
How do y'all go about tracking your plays? Just a spreadsheet? How do you remember to log what you played?
I use BGG, but been thinking about switching to an app.

@Matthias Maccabeus Sooooooooo jealous of all those Dragon Dice plays

-insert signature here-
Old January 4th, 2023, 08:53 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Last night: Karen and Near and Far.

Old January 4th, 2023, 11:54 PM

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:

Join the discord and then we can play on Tabletopia.

Old January 5th, 2023, 08:14 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Ooooh, I may just try that. Have to reacquaint with the game a bit. Good thing there's a handy link in your sig

-insert signature here-
Old January 5th, 2023, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ooooh, I may just try that. Have to reacquaint with the game a bit. Good thing there's a handy link in your sig
About that…those are outdated rules. That was 3.0. We’re now on 4.01. And with the dracolem coming out soon I suspect they’ll be another small update. However the core mechanics are the same. Just racials and spells have changed for the most part.

Old January 5th, 2023, 10:38 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Tonight I played Dungeons, Dice and Danger and Above and Below.

Old January 6th, 2023, 10:50 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
BG Stats app.

It's a couple bucks for the phone app, but its awesome. I just got it a few months ago, but will be using it going forward. It tracks basically everything you could possibly want (And want to enter, of course). Who wins, final scores, game length, etc... I usually just take pics of the end of the game and then record it afterwards. Been really fun, and will be a neat journal of sorts, since I have a terrible memory in general.
Old January 6th, 2023, 11:24 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the app tips, y'all. I will check them out.

--

I have been playing a lot of Dominion lately via the new app, so it is on my mind.

I have to say I disagree with the common opinion that Thunderstone is better than Dominion. Sure, any combination of Thunderstone sets is better than the first two Dominion sets, but on the whole I think Dominion is a much better, less clunky game than Thunderstone. I'm curious which Dominion expansions people with that opinion have played, and how much.

--
--
--

--
Old January 6th, 2023, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the app tips, y'all. I will check them out.

--

I have been playing a lot of Dominion lately via the new app, so it is on my mind.

I have to say I disagree with the common opinion that Thunderstone is better than Dominion. Sure, any combination of Thunderstone sets is better than the first two Dominion sets, but on the whole I think Dominion is a much better, less clunky game than Thunderstone. I'm curious which Dominion expansions people with that opinion have played, and how much.
I’ve played dozens of games of Dominion over the years (actually probably hundreds) and have everything except probably the last 2 sets. To me it’s much more about the theme. And Thunderstone wins that argument easily.

Old January 6th, 2023, 12:06 PM

Quote:
I’ve played dozens of games of Dominion over the years (actually probably hundreds) and have everything except probably the last 2 sets. To me it’s much more about the theme. And Thunderstone wins that argument easily.
I like the Thunderstone theme more also, but it seems clunkier to me. I like it better with Tom Vasel's variant, but ultimately it feels like it just doesn't deliver on the fun aspect as much as it promises.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games