Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old November 15th, 2022, 05:05 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAp View Post
Quote:
pretty much the reason the display tables from TotalCon2010 and TotalCon2011 existed
Bruh, seeing that 2011 castle made me weep.
I *almost* want to build one of these behemoths again. They take hours to construct, eating into convention gaming time, but man, it was quite a presence. No matter why folks were at the convention, they came over and checked it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Or did Hasbro do it themselves? This possibility for AOA was mentioned some time ago by another poster.
It came from the Board Game Insiders podcast. Stephen Buonocore suggested that Hasbro could be 'shady' (when they were talking about Scape happening regardless of this campaign) and uptick the backer count themselves... how would we know?
I think it’d be pretty clear if it surged considerably at this stage with no final push to speak of.
Oh for sure, but I can't say I'd be upset if it happened.
I'd travel quite a ways to play a game on a map like that
Old November 15th, 2022, 05:45 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
As the campaign enters its final hours, I just want to thank everyone here for engaging in such a positive way, during a time that has been so stressful for us as a community.

I know there's been a lot of ink spilled, here and in other places, about "negativity" about the Haslab, but I haven't seen much at all. I really haven't, even though I know the opportunity has been there. I've seen people enduring stress in their different ways, but I'm not one to judge that. Just don't be nasty to each other, and - thankfully - I haven't seen nastiness.

As a guy who actually worked on the inside of the campaign, I've always felt supported by this community, despite the troubles. And I appreciate it.

It's been fun despite the stress along the way, thanks for everything!
Old November 15th, 2022, 07:33 PM

Heirloom knows what's in an order marker Heirloom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Inflating the number of copies you’re pledging because you know it won’t fund, is sending the wrong message. It’s sending a false signal to Hasbro. I’m not saying it’s wrong in a moral sense, or that the spirit behind it is misplaced, but if you think you’re sending the right message, I want you to know that you aren’t. Stick to your typical purchasing sensibilities and let them see the real numbers so they can more accurately analyze their failure and course correct if they choose.
They can parse the data if they want to.

Crank it to 11, guys!
Old November 15th, 2022, 07:51 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
It would have been a lot nicer if the set were the size of ROTV or SOTM and even only like 80-100 bucks cheaper.
I backed for one set because that's the most of what I can afford. Backing 5 feels closer to paying off my remaining student loans, which apparently I need to start worrying about again.
It would be interesting to see if a 100-150 range product would have done better. Even with a cap of 5 units and no addons. My suspicion is it would have done as good if not better in total dollars.
Old November 15th, 2022, 08:35 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
It would be interesting to see if a 100-150 range product would have done better. Even with a cap of 5 units and no addons. My suspicion is it would have done as good if not better in total dollars.
Heroquest got to almost $4mil with that price range. I have to agree with you.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 15th, 2022, 09:46 PM

GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker

Well I can't say I'm not disappointed we will not reach our goal. I'm hopeful for the future of Heroscape. Potentially we have reawakened many former players and maybe a few new players regardless of our failure to reach to set goals. I'm thankful foe the efforts of those involve in the design and development of this new campaign. Maybe if nothing else Avalon Hill or Hasbro themselves could sell stl. files and the card artwork for printing on a private level, much like other studios do with their own designs. I know there were many reasons this did not go through. I know the frustration we all feel. However, the thing I have always loved most about Heroscape, is the community within itself that has kept this game alive. I know without a doubt there are way more people who play this game, that for whatever reason chose not to back this project. Each reason is valid by their own convictions. Lets not allow this to kill the momentum that has been generated throughout our group. God Bless you all. We live to fight another battle.
Old November 15th, 2022, 10:24 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Heroquest got to almost $4mil with that price range. I have to agree with you.
I'm all for the lower tiers and seeing what may have happened. But I'm still not convinced that enough would have been in a 100-150 offering to make people happy. I just don't see it being much more than a BftU sized set for that price (maybe smaller). Which then would have brought the screams of "cash grab!" to the front.

-insert signature here-
Old November 15th, 2022, 10:37 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I'm all for the lower tiers and seeing what may have happened. But I'm still not convinced that enough would have been in a 100-150 offering to make people happy. I just don't see it being much more than a BftU sized set for that price (maybe smaller). Which then would have brought the screams of "cash grab!" to the front.
It probably would be slightly larger than BftU. Maybe they could get creative and also offer less terrain in that set but use cardboard basemats like they did with AotP. Those things are really great value; I've been using them lately to build some maps and they really help you stretch your terrain.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 15th, 2022, 10:45 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

They would have had to do the campaign similarly to Heroquest where they actually sold and produced retail sets and not a one off mega product only available once through the campaign. So instead of producing 8,000 Vanguard Editions, you can print retail print runs and fulfill your campaign and supply retail at the same time. This is what big kickstarters like CMON do as well and they can scale in lots of exclusives by hitting stretch goals that make the project viable.

Things have definitely gotten more expensive, but if they can’t produce playable starter sets for $150 or less, it doesn’t really make sense to proceed.
Old November 15th, 2022, 10:49 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
They would have had to do the campaign similarly to Heroquest where they actually sold and produced retail sets and not a one off mega product only available once through the campaign. So instead of producing 8,000 Vanguard Editions, you can print retail print runs and fulfill your campaign and supply retail at the same time. This is what big kickstarters like CMON do as well and they can scale in lots of exclusives by hitting stretch goals that make the project viable.

Things have definitely gotten more expensive, but if they can’t produce playable starter sets for $150 or less, it doesn’t really make sense to proceed.
That's not what they did for HeroQuest. There were different print runs for the Haslab and retail releases. A few things were changed and you can tell the difference between them.
Old November 15th, 2022, 10:58 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
It probably would be slightly larger than BftU. Maybe they could get creative and also offer less terrain in that set but use cardboard basemats like they did with AotP. Those things are really great value; I've been using them lately to build some maps and they really help you stretch your terrain.
Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I hope I'm 100% wrong and look like a fool if they come back with another campaign and offer exactly what folks are asking for... willing to take that bullet!

Those mats are awesome @caps and if they're too expensive maybe something like those Lexan mats @Cavalier used to offer is something that could be explored. A floor level mat opens a ton space to stretch those tiles out.

-insert signature here-
Old November 15th, 2022, 11:01 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

4321 backers right now, 1 hour left.
At least that number is kind of cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion