Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old October 29th, 2014, 11:58 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: A Journey through C3G: The Hi1 Experience

The battle report for GAME 2 is up!! Read it here. Congratulations @quozl for picking correctly!

I faced a critical decision in the game and probably choose wrong. What would you have done?

The Situtation:
Human Torch (4 wounds) is engaged with Hasbro Hulk (6 wounds). Invisible Woman is position in such a way Torch cannot get more than two spaces away without disengaging Hulk (for Supernova). Invisible Woman has no wounds. The opposing team also has a wounded Daredevil a few spaces away.

1) Disengage Hulk. If Torch takes the wound, he is destroyed. But if he gets out alive, and hits a 4+ Hulk is destroyed.
2) Go Supernova. 7 attack dice against the Hulk’s 6 defense. Good odds to deal 2 wounds, but Invisible Woman would be hit as well. And Human Torch would become useless – Daredevil is still around after all.
3) Take height while engaged and make a normal attack. Attack of 5 against 6 defense. The safest option, but also the least likely to destroy the Hulk.

- - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgieboy3 View Post
Hey @hi1hi1hi1hi1 , what type of paper do you print your cards with? I was told to use card stock because it's cheap, your cards look nicer and shinier, lol. I mite just be a bad paper cutter.
Heh, I just use regular paper from the office. We have a good printer though. I only printed a few cards until I can get setup with card stock and do them the right way. They are too flimsy right now.

Old October 29th, 2014, 12:29 PM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker

I didn't take into account that Hulk and Thor are beasts, if they get rolling, you can't stop it.

Old October 29th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That situation is tough! I'm assuming Human Torch and Invisible Woman were the last two standing?

Hmm, you definitely want to take Hulk out, because down to one life he's not worried about Invisible Woman's boosts. His next attack is likely to be a killer. So with Human Torch down to one life and needing to kill now, it comes down to either a Supernova attempt that can catch Invisible Woman in the wake (and you need her to survive to take on Daredevil), or a 50% chance of killing Human Torch and wasting your turn to get an 80% chance of killing Hulk.

I sort of feel like the second one might be the better play, but if I'm down to one life Human Torch and I haven't used it yet, I'm going Supernova!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 29th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I remember I edited for you, so it's possible we had that discussion. I vaguely remember (though this might be a manufactured memory) reading certain parts and suggesting you add some more specific examples. So that could be where that came from.

I just recall reading the bit about variable bonding never being done before and taking it as a challenge.
That very well could've been you. I remember talking with allskulls about a lot of stuff, too, but I think that was mostly geared around dice probabilities and things like that. Those were fun times.
Old October 29th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
That situation is tough! I'm assuming Human Torch and Invisible Woman were the last two standing?

Hmm, you definitely want to take Hulk out, because down to one life he's not worried about Invisible Woman's boosts. His next attack is likely to be a killer. So with Human Torch down to one life and needing to kill now, it comes down to either a Supernova attempt that can catch Invisible Woman in the wake (and you need her to survive to take on Daredevil), or a 50% chance of killing Human Torch and wasting your turn to get an 80% chance of killing Hulk.

I sort of feel like the second one might be the better play, but if I'm down to one life Human Torch and I haven't used it yet, I'm going Supernova!
Agreed except I think Supernova is the better play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 29th, 2014, 02:06 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Also, glad you're liking Rocket Launching Platform. For another 3-player C3G map, try out Tri-Ways.

Quote:
Old October 29th, 2014, 02:57 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Also, glad you're liking Rocket Launching Platform. For another 3-player C3G map, try out Tri-Ways.
Oh that maps looks cool! Thanks for sharing.

Is there a reason it isn't listed Books of Index or Index of C3G Maps & Scenarios - there's a "Good for 3 Players" spoiler it should be added to as well.

Old October 29th, 2014, 04:40 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1 View Post
...I have never played with any C3G creations.
Better late than never.

A short aside...

The reason I haven't played has nothing to do with C3G itself. It's that I have over 200 customs of my own that I put a lot of time and effort into creating. It's hard to just abandon all that work, especially when you've grown accustomed to how they play throughout the years. I have always regarded C3G as some of the best the community has to offer, but making the leap from designer (something I get a lot of joy out of) to strictly fan was not easy.

So what changed?

When I was in high school and college designing cards I had plenty of free time to make the art for the cards and tweak them as necessary. Now I have a full time career in engineering, which doesn't leave much time at all. I'd rather spend that time playing the game rather then reinventing the wheel for cards C3G already has. Once I decided to stop creating cards and use C3G it didn't make sense to mix in my own (not always tested) cards - not when C3G has so many options.
Quote:
Ah, you're an engineer. Cool. Me too.
Same here...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 30th, 2014, 12:00 AM

Huh. 3 people who drive trains...

Quote:
Old October 30th, 2014, 08:50 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Huh. 3 people who drive trains...
Steam Engines!...any monkey can drive a train but it takes skill and intelligence to pilot a steam engine.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 5th, 2014, 01:23 PM

Game 3: Cyclops and the X-Men vs. Wrecking Crew

The Map: Rocket Launching Platform

The Teams:

Chris (hi1) (945pts) – Cyclops, Angel, Wolverine, Quicksilver, Bishop
Steve (945pts) – Wrecker, Bulldozer, Piledriver, Thunderball, Blink

I printed a somewhat random assortment of cards to start my C3G experience. It was mostly simpler cards that worked well together and I had figures for (Fantastic Four/Wrecking Crew/etc.). So in this game I tried pieced together a Mutant team center around Cyclops. Unfortunately, I had not printed any Telepaths to take full advantage of his powers. Regardless, I was confident Angel could maneuver the team into place, while Cyclops and Wolverine wore down my opponent. Quicksilver and Bishop were in because they sounded so fun to play!

Steve went for a team we had not yet tried, the Wrecking Crew and took Blink for mobility up the large central platform.

Don’t worry, Bishop isn’t destroyed here – he just hasn’t been placed yet.

The Battle:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by hi1hi1hi1hi1; November 11th, 2014 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Battle Results
Old November 5th, 2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Ah, you're an engineer. Cool. Me too.
Same here...
So what kind are you guys?

I'm a civil, with my masters in structural engineering.

EDIT: Hey, that's cool you're structural too japes! And mechanical isn't too far off. (Source: public profile)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy