Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old April 3rd, 2009, 11:56 AM

Doomfire is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
500 points army for beginner

Yup, im searching for some good army's, but i only have: 1x SotM 1x RotV and 1x Templar Calvary. I can everything from wave 7 and 8, and also some of 5, and another SotM is not a huge problem.

This are somy army's I already found. I like them, but im searching for more:

1x Major Q10
1x Realing (RotV)
1x Krav Maga Agents
2x Marro stingers
1x Marro warriors

And:

1x Tor-Kul-Na
2x Marrden Nagbrubs
2x Marro Stingers

I know how important range is, and I really like Syvarris. Im also searching for an army with what i have that can use Sonlen.

Thanks for the help already, I geuss...

Life is a game...
Old April 3rd, 2009, 12:45 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: 500 points army for beginner

Well, if you can get 3 packs of deathreavers from wave 5, then that, plus any random assortment of unique ranged figures, is a good army.

As far as what you have goes... I'm a big fan of using TKN+grubs in a master set army. TKN gives you stomp for taking out squads, his attack is good against tough heroes, and TKN+grubs gives you plenty of figures to use to keep melee figures from reaching your ranged figures.

In a 500 point army, that leaves you with 220 for range and support figures. There's lots of reasonable options from there. KMA+Airborne Elite is an obvious one that works. KMA+Raelin+Marro Warriors, or Q10+Raelin... those are 10 points over, but very solid. Stingersx2+KMA works, although I don't like using stingers and KMA in the same army.

If you really like Sonlen, you could try Sonlen+Raelin, but you will be hurting for lack of multiple ranged attacks.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 12:53 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I should stop linking to my threads, but I've just made so many.

Cheap, but effective 500 point armies

It's a little outdated though, because Wave 8, AA, and TJ weren't out yet. I think it's probably still fairly useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old April 5th, 2009, 09:08 AM

Doomfire is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Thanks for the help, first, im going to buy 2x Deathravers, and then, I will try getting a Major Q9. Thanks!

Life is a game...
Old April 13th, 2009, 08:32 PM

felican is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Me? I only have a Master Set and a Swarm of Marro, so my armies are limited, but i can give a good army with just those 2.

1) I am a big fan of ranged snipers like Zettian Guards and Krav Maga. I try to use Krav Maga as often as possible. Krav Maga plus Zettian is a good 170 points, which leaves 330 points to go

2) 1, maybe 2, pure melee figures like Izumi Samurai, Grimnak, older Sgt. Drake(the 110pt version, not 170). Me, i would take Izumi and Grimnak. That's 180pts there. So 150 pts left.

3) A ranged/melee figure like Q10 works perfectly. St 150pts, it fits the bill exactly. 5 defense and 4 attack, above average. 8 range, good sniper. His "Wrist Rocket Speacial Attack" is great. Same attack as normal, but range 4. Attack twice. It's the melee attack everyone wants.

That gives you:
1x Zettian Guard
1x Krav Maga Agents
1x Izumi Samurai
1x Grimnak
1x Major Q10

This is what i try to use, but as i do dice roll drafts (line up all cards, roll 20sided die, get card from there) it doesn't always work like that. You can also interchange Grimnak with Shiori. I more attack, one less defense, but 2 less life. Though "Concentrated Will" gives you a chance for 4 attack and 4 defense, even an X order marker DOES count. And the Shuriken attack with range five and 3 attack is a good second option when you need to phantom walk away from an opponents Grimnak.

That is the army i like, and plan to use again today.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion