Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old July 24th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Doc Savage's Comic-Con Report - REVISED & now with PICS!

Direct from San Diego!

Saturday and Sunday I got to spend some time with Craig at the Hasbro booth and I have to say that he is a great guy and loves games. He really likes Heroscape and signed cards for my kids...

I did ask regarding Saylid summoning a carrier and Craig said that the use of the word move was unintentional and said that the word placed more accurately reflects the intention. He could understand why people might think that a carrier could bring along a figure, but that this would not be correct. He said he would try to remember to get the change to "place" into the official FAQ.

Craig said that the game was very healthy and indeed selling well. I asked if wave 5 was the last one and he assured me that there was much more to come.

Craig also said that wave 5 contained 2 packs of Uniques. The Gladiators are Unique Heros and the Agents are a unique Squad. The samurai and ninja are also Unique Squads. The groupings in the pictures reflect the distribution in the packs. I don't know the real names that will be on the cards and didn't look at the back of the packs! DOH!!!!!

The Agents (Unique Squad) are packed with the Gladiators (Unique Heroes). All my Gladiator pics are blurry due to shooting through glass...

The Soulborgs are packed with the big soulborg dogs (Common Squads)

The Amazons are packed with the little robodogs (Common Squads)

The samurai are packed with the ninja (Unique Squads). There is one ninja chick, making this expansion having 7 female figs and adding greatly to the number of females.

The castles really are quite nice. Some of you out there will probably want to paint a wash on the wall pieces. Everything is modular and quite flexible. I didn't take pics of the rules as Craig told me Oogie did and they are quite long. Craig said THE CASTLES SHOULD BE IN STORES IN 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some fan reading the rules...

People demo-ing the game...

They announced Marvel at Comic-Con, but were saving a big Heroscape announcement for GenCon.

The Marvel set was big news and looks good. Craig said that the figures are all Unique Heroes and all are point balanced to be mixed with regular heroscape. I asked if the Hulk was like 2000 points. He laughed and was hesitant to say... I fished with 200-300 and it felt like they were somewhere in that range. I also asked if they were just knocked out (like heroclix) he laughed and said they get destroyed; they wanted to keep the same language with both games.

Captain America
Red Skull
Silver Surfer
Thanos
Hulk
Abomination
Spiderman
Venom
Iron Man
Dr. Doom

If it sells well, there would be more.

Craig said that the Marvel set would be a smaller starter set and that the exact contents were not yet determined. Smaller due to licensing costs. The terrain is breakaway and there will be 10 figures.

The rest of the Con was fun, too....

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old July 24th, 2006, 02:49 PM

Command-and-Conquer has disabled reputation
That's cool Doc Savage. Thanks for the info. Especially about wave 5. Can't wait to see the pics later tonight.

Need a life outside from Heroscape?

Well good luck.
Old July 24th, 2006, 02:50 PM
ultradoug

thanks Doc! Great report, na na I was right about the summon deal!
Old July 24th, 2006, 02:54 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Doc Savage's Comic-Con Report - Saylid answered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage
Saturday I got to spend some time with Craig at the Hasbro booth and I have to say that he is a great guy and loves games. He really likes Heroscape and signed cards for my kids...
Everytime I hear testimonials like this about Craig, I am always reassured about the game of HS.

That's great that he keeps the importance on kids' (and adults') enjoyment of the game.

He sounds like a great guy to chat with.
Old July 24th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Thanks Doc.

You had some good photos last year, so I am looking forward to what you are posting tonight.
Old July 24th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Great report, Doc. Especially considering none of your info is redundant to what Skulls and Oog have posted (with the exception of the Marvel characters to be included in the Marvel set).

Can't wait to check out your pics. And I also can't wait to hear what the BIG GenCon news is!

GAH! We finally have castle rules, and already I'm distracted by the mystery that is the GenCon news. Oh well, two more weeks and all will be revealed...

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old July 24th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Doc thanks for sharing the information. Craig does indeed seem like a very nice guy. I can't wait to see closer images of Wave 5. I hope the official site will have stats and abilities up soon to coincide with the images the fans will soon have access to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p

Can't wait to check out your pics. And I also can't wait to hear what the BIG GenCon news is!
Enemy castle? Marro hive? Seige weapons.
Old July 24th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Enemy castle? Marro hive? Seige weapons.
Personally, I'm hoping for seige weapons! With the release of the castles, a seige set seems like a very logical next step. This would also help to even the playing field when it comes to units on top of the ramparts firing down at helpless units below.

"Fall back men. Let the ballista handle some of those archers!"

And seige towers? Oh man... that would be awesome!

That said, what ever the big news is, I'm sure the majority of us will be amazed...

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old July 24th, 2006, 04:21 PM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
HAH! Finally, we get verficiation on the carry rules. Again, common sense. Thanks for the update! I guess I will have some more $$$ to blow on the game for the foreseeable future.....

The revelation about 2 unique sets in Wave 5 really puzzles me. While it will save me $$$, I'm surprised that Hasbro took this route knowing that fewer sets will be sold. OR, is it the opposite? Heroes may very well outsell squads.....mmmmmmm

Looking forward to the photos!!!

-Ski
Old July 24th, 2006, 04:33 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Doc Savage's Comic-Con Report - Saylid answered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage
Craig also said that wave 5 contained 2 packs of Uniques The Gladiators are Unique Heros and the Agents are a unique Squad. The samurai and ninja are also Unique Squads. The groupings in the pictures reflect the distribution in the packs.
So to confirm...

Wave Five is

3-figure Ninjas and 3-figure Samurai...unique, both for Einar (according to allskulls), Samurai have counterstrike and some sort of move and attack bonus (allskulls), ninjas can dissappear somehow (allskulls)

4-figure Soulborg Rat Things and 3-figure double-based Wolves...common, rats for Utgar and they have diesngage and some sort of dodge ability (according to allskulls)

3-figure Female Agents and 3 different Gladiator Heroes....unique.

4-figure Blastatrons and 3-figure Warriors...common, Blastatrons for Vydar (according to Gladiatron bio), Warriors for Ullar (according to allskulls)

Please please please tell me you saw the package back too and that you thought to write down the info?

There is some confusion over packing....ninjas and samurai are together, we know. Agents and glads are together, we know. Allskulls says that the Ullar warriors were with the rats, but your post seems like you say the wolves are with the rats.....which is it?
Old July 24th, 2006, 04:49 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
TQ for the Info! I'm glad we are finally hearing some news on the figures, finally!
Old July 24th, 2006, 05:34 PM

ReverendBayes is surprisingly tart
Thanks for the info, Doc!! 2 Unique packs again is indeed interesting.

Uncertainty: Something you can always count on.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News