Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 27th, 2009, 05:45 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of The Axegrinders of Burning Forge

The Book of The Axegrinders of Burning Forge
Blackmoon's Siege - Collection 9 - Dwarves and Repulsors

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus
"character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
DWARVEN STRATEGIC BONDING
Before taking a turn with The Axegrinders of Burning Forge, you may first take a turn with any Dwarf Hero you control. If you do not take a turn with any Dwarf Hero you control, add 2 to the Axegrinders' Move value.

FEARLESS ADVANTAGE
An Axegrinder of Burning Forge rolls an additional die when attacking or defending against large or huge figures.

CLIMB X2
When moving up or down levels of terrain, The Axegrinders of Burning Forge may double their Height.
Q. If I have NO dwarf hero, either because one was destroyed or because none was ever drafted, may I still take advantage of Dwarven Strategic Bonding in order to grant the Axegrinders +2 to their Move?
A. Yes. The Axegrinders get the extra 2 move whenever they activate but do not choose to bond. This means that if you do not draft a Dwarven Hero in your army, you will have fast dwarves with every activation.

Synergy Benefits Received
  • N/A
Synergy Benefits OfferedC3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Power Rankings

Jexik: The Axegrinders of Burning Forge- A tactically flexible squad with the ability to smash Q9 or Nilfheim to bits? Sign me up! A-

OEAO: The Axegrinders of Burning Forge- The Dwarves are fantastic and are clearly the third best 4-man bonding melee squad in the game, only to Heavies and Knights. While I could talk about Dwarves forever, the main points are that they have solid stats, two excellent bonding heroes in Mogrimm and Darrak, and the option to forego bonding for 6 move. This last point is the biggest advantage they have as it lets them establish board control and develop up much better than Heavies. The only thing that keeps them in check is the lack of a 4th defense die, and generally you should not take Raelin with them. A-

Cleon: Tier 8 (34/208)

dok (VC inclusive): A-

Master Index
Migol and the Axegrinders of Burning Forge Discussion Thread
The Axegrinders of Burning Forge - What's Your Army Idea?
Unit Debate #16 -- Heavy Gruts Vs. Axegrinders
Unit Debate #37 -- Knights Vs. Dwarves

Unit Strategy Review
TBA

(photo courtesy of basilmichael)

Last edited by Dysole; January 3rd, 2021 at 09:58 PM. Reason: vc added
Old May 27th, 2009, 05:54 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Axegrinders of Burning Forge

First one to post here too. I love these guys. They are going to rock with 3 packs of them and the repulsors. I like these guys better then the dividers.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old May 27th, 2009, 06:13 PM

Flavius Maximus is surprisingly tart

My sister just said they looked "cute".
I can see in my minds eye, the first time I play these guys, Braxas falling to might Migol Ironwill and his brave compatriots.
Sorta funny that (what looks like) the best giant killer squad is labelled "SMALL 3".

Just awesome.

Are you hungry?

Cyprien is....
Old May 27th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubafication View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius Maximus View Post
My sister just said they looked "cute".
I can see in my minds eye, the first time I play these guys, Braxas falling to might Migol Ironwill and his brave compatriots.
Sorta funny that (what looks like) the best giant killer squad is labelled "SMALL 3".

Just awesome.
At least they don't say Deathwalker 9k is cute, my mom said that..
My mom said Gueri-Oni was cute.

To stay on topic, I really like these guys. The strategic Bonding will surely come in handy and make them a much more versatile unit. I don't know how I'll opt to use them most often, though.
Old May 27th, 2009, 06:53 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm interested in the debate between these guys and the Knights of Weston since they are so similar. I believe the knights are the closest thing we have had to the dwarves. They seem to play pretty similarly.
Old May 27th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I definitely prefer the Knights. The extra defense is really valuable, and they can already get move and attack enhancements from Gilbert. Plus, they have more varied choice of bondees. The Knights just make me think these Dwarves aren't worthwhile, IMO. I like the ability that lets them alternately add to their move instead of bonding, though.
Old May 27th, 2009, 07:08 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Across a wide range of situations and opponents, the Knights will fare better than the Dwarves.

The Dwarves have a more specific niche, namely against Large and Huge figures. If facing one or more powerful large/huge figures, the Dwarves will be the better option in most cases.
Old May 27th, 2009, 07:18 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

6 movement compared to 4 is huge though, and that can be had the entire game if you want, unlike Gilbert's unreliable extra movement.

That extra defense is huge for the knights, but just think, the dwarves can move in two turns what the knights would have to do in 3. That's a whole turn of getting shot at for free. That's pretty huge.

Plus that extra attack and defense against large and huge figures is quite awesome. The knights suck against Q9, but I think the dwarves would actually stand a chance.

The thing that really hurts the dwarves right now is lack of bonding heroes, but then again the main thing they have going for them is their movement.
Old May 27th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

True. Against large menacing opponents they're better. I liked Aldin's idea of having umits like the Nakitas to cover each's weaknesses.
Old May 27th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

I dunno...I think these guys should do better then knights-an A unit in my opinion!

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old May 27th, 2009, 09:46 PM

Gold1 knows what's in an order marker Gold1 knows what's in an order marker

Some people have been mentioning that Migol will slow down the Axegrinders because they will lose the plus two movement if they use the bonding. I think that this can actually be used like the Swog Rider strategem. The one where the Rider stays back to support the archers and your opponent forgets about his 8 movement. Well if you keep using the bonding your opponent will believe that you will keep using it and that is when you can pounce with a move of 6.
Old May 27th, 2009, 10:10 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
I'm interested in the debate between these guys and the Knights of Weston since they are so similar. I believe the knights are the closest thing we have had to the dwarves. They seem to play pretty similarly.
I like the Dwarves better, because their bonding hero is a better fighter than alot of the Human Champions.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units