Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old October 15th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Public Design Post

I like the theme, but I don't think anyone would actually remove a marker to use the power.
Old October 15th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Ravenous Raptor

darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby! darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby! darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby! darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby!

I agree that's why I had the power work off just a D20 roll. How about this....

Spoiler Alert!
Old October 15th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Ravenous Raptor

darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby! darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby! darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby! darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby!

I know that his Yellow Power Battery really has no purpose, but the problem is Tiny Stealth makes sense I mean this guys small, and his Infected power his kind of his thing. Neither need the use of a power battery marker, and thou I don't think every Lantern needs a Power Shield they all do kinda need Power Battery. It's what defines them as a Lantern, and I don't want to give him four powers or force the use of a Power Battery into one of his other powers just so it's more than thematic.
Old October 15th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I also don't think that he should have so much attack and defense. 4/5 seems pretty high for a single celled organism. Determined is also a weird personality, maybe sadistic or ruthless would work better.
Old October 15th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Ravenous Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
I also don't think that he should have so much attack and defense. 4/5 seems pretty high for a single celled organism. Determined is also a weird personality, maybe sadistic or ruthless would work better.
I agree with the personality, and see your point with the attack and defense. However my concern is making to weak at that point. I mean dropping his attack cool, but he has a life of 2 and a 50/50 shot at getting booted out of an opponents figure. You get one bad roll he's on the board and with a lower defense there's a good chance whoever gets next to him and attacks takes him out in one punch. If I was going to drop his defense I would want to make it so he has less off a chance of being placed on the board after using Infected. Like 1-7 place him adjacent to the Infected figure 8 or higher they take a wound.
Old October 15th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I really like the direction here, but I'd make a couple changes like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkraptor5413 View Post
NAME = YELLOW LANTERN
SECRET IDENTITY = Despotellis
SPECIES = Virus
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Disease
PERSONALITY = Relentless
SIZE/HEIGHT = Tiny 1

LIFE = 2
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS =

YELLOW POWER BATTERY 2
Start the game with 2 yellow Battery Markers on this card. Add one to this Yellow Lantern’s Move, Range, Attack, and Defense numbers for each yellow Battery Marker on this card.

DESPOTELLIS INFECTION
Instead of attacking with this Yellow Lantern, you may choose an adjacent figure that is not an Android or Virus. Place this Yellow Lantern on the chosen figure's card. All figures on that card are now considered Infected. If this Yellow Lantern is on an opponent's card, instead of taking a turn with this Yellow Lantern, you may either place him on the card of a figure within 3 spaces of an Infected figure, or roll the 20-sided die. You may remove a Battery Marker from this card to add 6 to the roll. If you roll 1-6, you must place this Yellow Lantern on an empty space adjacent to an Infected figure. If you roll a 7 or higher, choose an Infected figure to receive 1 wound.

TINY STEALTH
This Yellow Lantern can not be attacked by non-adjacent figures and only takes leaving engagements from Tiny figures.

FLIGHT
What I like about what you've got here (adding the above changes) is that he's quite deadly (7 or higher to inflict an auto-wound each turn is strong), but fragile and kind of tricky. Tiny Stealth (which is really cool on this guy) gives him protection early in the game from any snipers and allows him to move in on the enemy, and then once he jumps on a card he's safe; but if you miss your roll, he's exposed and can go down quick. I personally feel there has to be a way for him to use his markers, and I think simply adding it in like I did above works well while still keeping it simple and useful.

One thing is there seems to be some inconsistencies between suggestions on whether or not he should be able to infect commons/squads or not. johnny's version clearly intends to work on them, but your most recent write-up, darkraptor, is worded like it only works on heroes (though it's not limited to only heroes, so it actually causes some problems). I made changes above so it worked on all units, but if you wanted a hero-only version, you could do:

DESPOTELLIS INFECTION
Instead of attacking with this Yellow Lantern, you may choose an adjacent hero that is not an Android or Virus. Place this Yellow Lantern on the chosen hero's card. That figure is considered Infected. If this Yellow Lantern is on an opponent's card, instead of taking a turn with this Yellow Lantern, you may either place him on the card of a hero figure within 3 spaces of the Infected hero, or roll the 20-sided die. You may remove a Battery Marker from this card to add 6 to the roll. If you roll 1-6, you must place this Yellow Lantern on an empty space adjacent to the Infected hero. If you roll a 7 or higher, the Infected hero receives 1 wound.

I personally like the version that works on all units though.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old October 15th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Ravenous Raptor

I like it sounds good to me
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 15th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Might be worth directly addressing what happens if all Infected figures are destroyed. Right now I guess he's just taken out of play, trapped on the card of whatever he killed off.

Really cool design, though.
Old October 15th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Ravenous Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Might be worth directly addressing what happens if all Infected figures are destroyed. Right now I guess he's just taken out of play, trapped on the card of whatever he killed off.

Thanks. Well the only Infected figure is the one he is on. I just figured it went without saying that if he destroyed the figure he was on or it was destroyed with him on it, you just placed him on the space previously occupied by that figure. Plus the power was already real wordy and I was worried about adding even more text. But, if you think I should add it in and it needs saying I'll add it. Thanks again.
Old October 15th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkraptor5413 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

Thanks. Well the only Infected figure is the one he is on. I just figured it went without saying that if he destroyed the figure he was on or it was destroyed with him on it, you just placed him on the space previously occupied by that figure. Plus the power was already real wordy and I was worried about adding even more text. But, if you think I should add it in and it needs saying I'll add it. Thanks again.
If that's the intent, then you definitely need to spell it out in the power. If the power doesn't say anything about what happens when the figure is destroyed, then Despotellis would just be removed from the game along with the card he is on; essentially being destroyed. Unless instructed otherwise, you leave the figure where it's at (which in this case is on a card being removed from the game).

All you'd need to add for wording would be:

DESPOTELLIS INFECTION
Instead of attacking with this Yellow Lantern, you may choose an adjacent figure that is not an Android or Virus. Place this Yellow Lantern on the chosen figure's card. All figures on that card are now considered Infected. If this Yellow Lantern is on an opponent's card, instead of taking a turn with this Yellow Lantern, you may either place him on the card of a figure within 3 spaces of an Infected figure, or roll the 20-sided die. You may remove a Battery Marker from this card to add 6 to the roll. If you roll 1-6, you must place this Yellow Lantern on an empty space adjacent to an Infected figure. If you roll a 7 or higher, choose an Infected figure to receive 1 wound. When the last Infected figure on a card is destroyed, you may place this Yellow Lantern on the space previously occupied by that figure.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old October 15th, 2013, 11:53 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I'm really liking this so far! My only comment is that I think there should be a way to counter him/get him off a card. Otherwise, right at the start of the game, he'll jump on Superman's card, and Superman is screwed, nothing he can do about it, other than hope he can kill the rest of the army before he dies.
Old October 15th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Ravenous Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I'm really liking this so far! My only comment is that I think there should be a way to counter him/get him off a card. Otherwise, right at the start of the game, he'll jump on Superman's card, and Superman is screwed, nothing he can do about it, other than hope he can kill the rest of the army before he dies.
I see your point but that's why I originally gave him a higher defense and made the D20 roll 50/50 chance. That way if he did jump on Superman right off Supes still had a 50 percent chance he would have to jump off. Also if he did jump off his defense was at least decent enough that you wouldn't get killed with one punch. If the general consensus is keep the D20 roll the way it is and keep his defense low cool. However then I agree he needs a counter and I can't think of one that would make sense with the character. So, I am open to suggestions any ideas? Oh, and just a side note the other reason I gave him a higher defense originally was because in the issue were he is featured he is described as being "smaller then an ember", I figured that's small and that's also hard to even punch.

Last edited by darkraptor5413; October 15th, 2013 at 12:08 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy