Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 22nd, 2021, 03:35 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Agrith-Naar

Theme

A demon with a bunch of arms that can attack anything nearby? Seems legit.

A weird thematic point for me is the Starved power. I assume the theme is that he needs to continue eating something or he gets, well, starved. But this doesn’t really come across in gameplay. In developing A-N, for example, you will place him a few spaces away from your own figures rather than adjacent to them. He’s just as much “starved” at a distance as he is up close, but only one of those placements will wound him.

A similar thing occurs with opponent’s figures. Oftentimes Agrith will avoid multiple figures (more food) in favor of engaging a single figure, to ensure that there’s nobody left adjacent to him at the end of a turn.

In playing Agrith-Naar, I kept wanting “Starved” to say that he took wounds if he didn’t kill anything, but that wasn’t the case.
Some really good points here. I appreciate this candid review. I still think he's "close" though. I really like what you said in "BOLD" (I added). This was actually a power I considered early on in the stages of developing this design, but I shied away because I felt it was too redundant with the Acolytes power. i.e. Acolytes bond and demon has to do a wound (or destroy something) or Acolyte dies, A-N has to kill something or he takes a wound. It seemed like a high price and a bit redundant to require those 2 conditions in the same turn while using A-N and the Acolytes.

That said, maybe it's not so bad afterall. It just makes bonding with A-N a little more risky is all. I very well may test that power, as thematically that does make some more sense based on what you've said about Gameplay.

Thanks again.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs