Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 29th, 2023, 10:07 AM

Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby!
MARS D.C. July 2023 - RtW

Announcing yet another MARS tournament to be hosted in College Park MD! All skill levels are welcome!

When:
Saturday July 22, 2023
Sign-in starts at 12:30, game play starts at 1pm
4 rounds ending around 5pm
Feel free to stay after for additional gaming!

Where:
Game Kastle
4748 Cherry Hill Rd
College Park MD 20740

There is plenty of parking in the shopping center, which also has a Starbucks, Shoppers, pizza shop and Chinese take-out. The store is okay with closed drinks and neat food/snacks in the shop. They just ask that we keep food off of the blue playmats that are on the tables.

Entry Fee:
$10
Part of the fee will go towards renting the space, the rest will go towards gift certificates for the top X players (number and amount to be decided that day based on number of attendees).

Format:
Reverse the Whip

460 Points, 18 Figures
4 Rounds (55 minute)
Rounds 1 and 3 you play with your army, Rounds 2 and 4 are Reverse the Whip (switch armies with your opponent for that game).
In the unlikely chance that there are two 4-0 players, we will will have a fifth round "super final" for those two players. A d20 will be rolled to determine if it is a "with" or "against" round.
Classic Scape only.
If you have any questions about army-building for this format, do not hesitate to reach out! I'm also happy to bring extra armies or units for anyone to use, just let me know!

Maps
We will be using the ScapeCon III Map Pool. Each map has preset glyphs.

Nightfall by Typhon_2222
Lodin, Ulaniva

Origin by Flash_19
Valda, Ulaniva

Ascension by Flash_19
Dagmar, Brandar

Dark Fulcrum by GameBear
No glyphs

Healing Waters: OEAO Edition by GameBear
Wannok

August 2nd by BiggaBullfrog
Brandar, Lodin

April 9th by BiggaBullfrog
Ulaniva

Hydra: OEAO Edition by Shurrig
Wannok, Dagmar

Bringing Maps: Any help bringing a map (or two!) is much appreciated!
gbizzy (2) = Healing Waters, Ascension
Vydar (2) = April 9, Hydra
Johnny (1) = Dark Fulcrum
EoS (2) = Nightfall, August 2

Glyphs: There are some adjustments to a few of the glyphs.
  • Valda: Move +2
  • Wannok: Wound
  • Dagmar: Initiative +8
  • Lodin: D20 +2
  • Ulaniva: +1 attack once per Order Marker for ANY figure (not just uniques)
  • Brandar: Disengage

Attending:
  1. Earl of Sandwich
  2. Johnny Frisbee
  3. vegie
  4. gbizzy
  5. Vydar_XLIII
  6. SimpleSamaritan
  7. Mark
  8. Scared Cultist
  9. Dad_Scaper
  10. Intern
  11. Eater of Squads

Winner: Intern (3-1)
Cyprien, Sonya, Mohicans x3, Brave Arrow

Tagging Scapers near and far: @gbizzy @Vydar_XLIII @Brean of Philly @Dad_Scaper @tom @JohnnyFrisbee @Major Q23 @Trivia Knight @vegietarian18 @GucciiBoost @nicktheant @MrWookiee @Joecrazy3193 @Man_At_Arms @OverEngineered @kldonnelly @loki619 @Skizzix @Astroking112 @Myth26

Last edited by Earl_of_Sandwich; July 24th, 2023 at 01:06 PM.
Old June 29th, 2023, 10:50 AM

gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby!
Re: MARS D.C. July 2023 - RtW

Count me in! Looking forward to seeing what Reverse the Whip is all about
Old June 29th, 2023, 02:26 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm there! (I'm not playing Krav this time, I promise. Maybe Evar, who knows...)

Brean cannot come unfortunately. It's her niece's birthday party.

I have 2 maybes: NightKnight and Bigfish912 (neither of whom are on 'Scapers) I will update as I get confirmations.

----------

As per usual I can help with maps. I currently have all 8 built. If one or more maps has to be cut due to fewer than 16 people attending, please make sure that Healing Waters is included as it was the one dropped from Salisbury.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old June 30th, 2023, 10:28 PM

Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
I'm there! (I'm not playing Krav this time, I promise. Maybe Evar, who knows...)

Brean cannot come unfortunately. It's her niece's birthday party.

I have 2 maybes: NightKnight and Bigfish912 (neither of whom are on 'Scapers) I will update as I get confirmations.

----------

As per usual I can help with maps. I currently have all 8 built. If one or more maps has to be cut due to fewer than 16 people attending, please make sure that Healing Waters is included as it was the one dropped from Salisbury.
Ok gotcha - Healing Waters will make an appearance for sure. I'll let you know about which maps to bring as we get a little closer, thanks for the help again!
Old July 7th, 2023, 05:28 PM

gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby!

SimpleSamaritan, Mark, and Scared Cultist will be there!
Old July 10th, 2023, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbizzy View Post
SimpleSamaritan, Mark, and Scared Cultist will be there!
Excellent!

Also, the tournament has been added to heroscape.org, and sign-ups are open:
https://heroscape.org/tournament/?Tournament=122
Old July 15th, 2023, 03:18 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'll probably be there for Round 1. Possibly Round 2. I'll have to leave early.

Will there be pre-tourney disc golf again, for those who can make it?

edit: I will plan on being at Calvert Road Disc Golf Course at 10:00, and will happily play with whoever can show up. I will have enough discs to supply several people who don't have any, if they want to come and try it out.

edit 2: Looks like Ari won't be there but @JohnnyFrisbee wasn't there last time. It's right there in his name so I'll count on him. I'll be there regardless; I hope some of you are, too.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; July 16th, 2023 at 06:08 PM.
Old July 18th, 2023, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I'll probably be there for Round 1. Possibly Round 2. I'll have to leave early.

Will there be pre-tourney disc golf again, for those who can make it?

edit: I will plan on being at Calvert Road Disc Golf Course at 10:00, and will happily play with whoever can show up. I will have enough discs to supply several people who don't have any, if they want to come and try it out.

edit 2: Looks like Ari won't be there but @JohnnyFrisbee wasn't there last time. It's right there in his name so I'll count on him. I'll be there regardless; I hope some of you are, too.
Awesome, glad you can come through! I won't be able to make disc golf, but hopefully Johnny and a few others can make it. See you soon Dad!
Old July 18th, 2023, 10:31 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Well I’ll be there at 10:00 either way. Post here if I should be looking for you. Or if you want to join late or leave early or whatever that’s fine. Just let me know to keep an eye out.

= =
Old July 21st, 2023, 08:48 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

It’s the best course in Maryland for new players. Anyone who will be in College Park at 10, consider joining me.

= =
Old July 22nd, 2023, 09:33 PM

Another great event @Earl_of_Sandwich and a perfect introduction to Reverse the Whip for me personally. It was also really nice meeting some more Scapers @JohnnyFrisbee and @vegietarian18 I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again at ScapeCon!

As always, great to see @Dad_Scaper who brought a Bok-Bur-Na painted by Craig Van Ness, easily the highlight of my day. Hope you'll join us again soon
Old July 23rd, 2023, 09:36 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

It was awesome. I was happy to see you again and to meet your friends from the Shore.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events