Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old June 20th, 2014, 07:55 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: The Holocron of Darth Vader

This is probably better asked here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Playing a game of HoSS and came across this scenario:

Spoiler Alert!

I know Chewie owes his life to Han so he has to be destroyed instead but does Han also have 4 wounds or are the wounds for Force Choke placed after Vader has rolled his one die continually and after he has failed?
I'm gonna play it as "after he's done rolling" because I think that's how it reads best, but I'm not sure so for the reason of just a better game, I'm gonna say after. I'll appreciate a firm answer or interpretation though.

Just to add a note on Vader, either way this goes, this is the first time I've ever seen him roll 5 straight skulls to destroy a Hero. I'm in absolute shock right now.

Last edited by Sheep; June 20th, 2014 at 08:01 AM.
Old June 20th, 2014, 05:26 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
or are the wounds for Force Choke placed after Vader has rolled his one die continually and after he has failed?
Based on the Force Choke power description:
Quote:
Roll 1 attack die. If you roll a skull and the chosen figure does not have the Force Leap or Force Push special power, you may roll 1 additional attack die. Continue rolling attack dice in this manner until you fail to roll a skull. The chosen figure receives 1 wound for each skull rolled.
the wounds are placed after all the attack dice are rolled. Consider it a sequential series of attack dice rather than a single grouped roll. The wounds are placed after Vader fails to roll the skull, so in this case all 5 wounds to be placed on Han, but then taken by Chewie with Life Debt. Han would not have any wounds from Vader's Force Choke attack.
Old June 20th, 2014, 05:39 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faure View Post
Quote:
or are the wounds for Force Choke placed after Vader has rolled his one die continually and after he has failed?
Based on the Force Choke power description:
Quote:
Roll 1 attack die. If you roll a skull and the chosen figure does not have the Force Leap or Force Push special power, you may roll 1 additional attack die. Continue rolling attack dice in this manner until you fail to roll a skull. The chosen figure receives 1 wound for each skull rolled.
the wounds are placed after all the attack dice are rolled. Consider it a sequential series of attack dice rather than a single grouped roll. The wounds are placed after Vader fails to roll the skull, so in this case all 5 wounds to be placed on Han, but then taken by Chewie with Life Debt. Han would not have any wounds from Vader's Force Choke attack.
That's what I was thinking for the exact same reasoning. Good to see someone thinking the same thing.
Old June 30th, 2014, 04:25 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Is it correct (and desired by the designers) that Force Choke works on Vehicles?

There's a basis for it in Episode V, but I thought I'd ask anyways.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 30th, 2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Is it correct (and desired by the designers) that Force Choke works on Vehicles?

Yes, it works on Vehicles.

I don't know if I'd say we desired it, but since we didn't add it to the list of restrictions from Vader, it's not really something we can go back and revisit. Same goes for him Choking Weapons (Atgar Cannon).
Old June 30th, 2014, 04:56 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post

Yes, it works on Vehicles.

I don't know if I'd say we desired it, but since we didn't add it to the list of restrictions from Vader, it's not really something we can go back and revisit. Same goes for him Choking Weapons (Atgar Cannon).
That's the best part about the Age of CustomScape, you CAN have it YOUR way!!

But generally speaking, I don't think it's too terrible of a thing. Episode V showed Vader choking the guy on the video screen even though he was in a different place (and presumably in a vehicle of some kind, though not necessarily). It's a little wonky, but it's not too big of a stretch to imagine him choking the operator of a turret or the driver of a walker. And you can't really gracefully represent the driver inside suffering damage while his AT-ST remains undamaged in a relatively simple game (not simulation) like HeroScape.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 30th, 2014, 07:13 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

This issue did come up during the design discussion for AT-ST and you've hit exactly the theme we decided on: Darth Vader chokes the driver.
Old June 30th, 2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
This issue did come up during the design discussion for AT-ST and you've hit exactly the theme we decided on: Darth Vader chokes the driver.
Oh goodness, my forgetfulness... Oh, my!
Old June 30th, 2014, 07:49 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Oh goodness, my forgetfulness... Oh, my!
In HS's defense, there was a lot of discussion about how to do Vehicles.
Old July 12th, 2014, 10:14 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Vader was done very well, every time he is played at my place he wreaks havoc, be it from choking out giants, to pushing every figure he can into pools of lava. The other night he finally met his match with Q10, Cyprien, and Deathwalker 8000. Very good job on the card. Any ideas on what other force powers you guys are going to come up with.
Old July 12th, 2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Vader was done very well, every time he is played at my place he wreaks havoc, be it from choking out giants, to pushing every figure he can into pools of lava. The other night he finally met his match with Q10, Cyprien, and Deathwalker 8000. Very good job on the card. Any ideas on what other force powers you guys are going to come up with.
There are a bunch we can and will probably use! Wookieepedia's Force Power article is probably the best place to guess what powers we could use next. Vader in Eps. V uses Force Disarm against Han Solo on Bespin... Vader 2.0?

Old July 12th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

There are tons of possibilities. Sadly, with so few Jedi and Sith in Episodes 4-6, alot, but not all , cool powers will have to wait for the prequels when we have a ton of Force users to work with. Stay tuned. I think you'll really like what's coming up.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape