Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 15th, 2007, 09:58 PM

Dictatorbilbo is surprisingly tart
Dictatorbilbo's Customs- Added Speed Customs.

(Sorry for the tiny text- the powers are listed below)

Quote:
Special Effects:

Did That Tree Just...
Every time this tree moves within 3 spaces and in line of sight of an opponent's figure, place 1 marker on this card. Once 6 markers have been placed on this card, "seemingly harmless" is nullified.

Seemingly Harmless
This figure may not be attacked. This effect is nullified when this figure first attacks.

Hop
Instead of moving normally, this tree may move 4 spaces in any direction, ignoring elevation.

Disengage

Ballistic Tree
Special Attack: Range 12, Attack 6
The Plastic Tree O' Doom may move up to 16 spaces in a straight line (elevations are not counted). The Plastic Tree may move through all figures, and must end on an empty space. All figures moved over are attacked seperately. The Plastic Tree is then removed.
Emperor Tamago, Chosen of Einar!

Quote:
Kyrie, Unique Hero, Samurai, Disciplined
Medium, 4
Life: 4
Movement: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 2
Defence: 6

Katana of Righteousness:
Whenever a defending figure rolls more shields than needed, the shields become automatic wounds on the defending figure.

Stealth Flying

Gift of the Emperor Aura
When you roll attack dice for any kyrie that you control who follows Einar and is within 5 clear sight spaced of Emperor Tamago, you may re-roll any dice that show shields. This ability may only be used once per attack. Gift of the Emperor Aura does not affect Emperor Tamago.

Here is my first custom- Sharp, biting criticism encouraged. I used a lego tree, though you could use one of the RttFF trees instead.

MR. GRUBBY'S
GRAND ADVENTURE

~ ONLY IN THE ~
KAUNAN KEEP
Old March 15th, 2007, 10:09 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Awesome! can't beleive that no one has thought of that before. It would also be cool as a kind of NPC, like a cursed forest where no one controls the trees, but the attack.

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old March 15th, 2007, 11:31 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Lego trees, sigh, was only a matter of time before some one did it... if they werent so funky looking.... lol... might as well use the flowers too .
Old March 15th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Re: The Plastic Tree O' Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictatorbilbo
Here is my first custom- Sharp, biting criticism encouraged. I used a lego tree, though you could use one of the RttFF trees instead.

(Sorry for the tiny text- the powers are listed below)

Special Effects:

Did That Tree Just...
Every time this tree moves within 3 spaces and line of sight of an opponent place 1 marker on this card. Once 6 markers have been placed on this card, "seemingly harmless" is nullified.

Ballistic Tree
Special Attack: Range 12, Attack 6
The Plastic Tree O' Doom may move up to 16 spaces in a straight line (elevations are not counted). The Plastic Tree may move through all figures, and must end on an empty space. All figures moved over are attacked seperately. The Plastic Tree is then removed.
Ok besides the fact that scorpius hands out comments willy nilly without reading the card is funny here is my biting sharp and reaper esque comment.

1st you write
Quote:
Originally Posted by dictatorbilbo
Seemingly Harmless
This figure may not be attacked. This effect is nullified when this figure is first attacked.
umm...... If he cant be attacked how can you nullify the power

Quote:
Did That Tree Just...
Every time this tree moves within 3 spaces and line of sight of an opponent place 1 marker on this card. Once 6 markers have been placed on this card, "seemingly harmless" is nullified.
Again this is useless or I just don't understand

Aswell You have to work on your wording and learn to balance out these. Theme figures like yours are hard to balance out.

Example :

Cheers, If I offended you in anyway just rag me next time I release a new custom.

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old March 15th, 2007, 11:43 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
Wow. That is a great custom. Kinda silly, but very well done.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old March 15th, 2007, 11:56 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I READ THE CARD! You think that I just looked at it and thought, "Wow, an evil tree! Gee wiz, sounds fun." By the way, it said when the TREE attacks, not when he is attacked. Look closer, Fallen Templar.

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old March 16th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Creative unit. It's a little too whimsical for my tastes, but it is fairly pretty creative. I don't understand where some of the abilities tie in, such as ballistic tree. Is it supposed to be launching like a missle? Also, this:

This figure may not be attacked. This effect is nullified when this figure is first attacked.

I'm not sure why the second sentence is in there. Unless it's supposed to say "This effect is nullified when this figure attacks."

It also seems really expensive for what it does/what it is. With a move of 1, it's going to take a loooooooooooooooong time before this guy attacks anything, and once it does, it's going to get killed really quick with it's 3 life and 0 defense. That's assuming Seemingly Harmless works the way I think you meant it to. On the other hand, if the 2nd sentence is just redundant, and it can't be attacked until there are 6 markers on the card, it's still going to take a looooooooong time before it can attack anything, even a Knight can outrun it. 200 points for a 1 shot, fairly potent special attack, which is what this thing boils down to in my vision of it, seems really over priced.

It is a neat idea, it just needs some streamlining.

smallboxgames.com
Old March 16th, 2007, 12:12 AM

Re: The Plastic Tree O' Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Templar

1st you write
Quote:
Seemingly Harmless
umm...... If he cant be attacked how can you nullify the power
Yeah... I made a mistake when typing out the effect in the message...
Quote:
Quote:
Did That Tree Just...
Again this is useless or I just don't understand
I meant to make it so that as the tree moves closer to enemy figures they can "notice" the tree, and begin to suspect the seemingly harmless tree.
Quote:
As well, You have to work on your wording and learn to balance out these. Theme figures like yours are hard to balance out.
Cheers, If I offended you in anyway just rag me next time I release a new custom.
Thank You! That was a great comment on the card! I'm already chugging away at improvements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjohn
Creative unit. It's a little too whimsical for my tastes, but it is fairly pretty creative. I don't understand where some of the abilities tie in, such as ballistic tree. Is it supposed to be launching like a missle?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjohn
Also, this:

I'm not sure why the second sentence is in there. Unless it's supposed to say "This effect is nullified when this figure attacks."

It also seems really expensive for what it does/what it is. With a move of 1, it's going to take a loooooooooooooooong time before this guy attacks anything, and once it does, it's going to get killed really quick with it's 3 life and 0 defense. That's assuming Seemingly Harmless works the way I think you meant it to. On the other hand, if the 2nd sentence is just redundant, and it can't be attacked until there are 6 markers on the card, it's still going to take a looooooooong time before it can attack anything, even a Knight can outrun it. 200 points for a 1 shot, fairly potent special attack, which is what this thing boils down to in my vision of it, seems really over priced.

It is a neat idea, it just needs some streamlining.
You're 100% right. Looking at it now, I would bump it down to about 120 points, or even less. I'm also thinking of increasing it's move to 5, and giving it 2 defence.

MR. GRUBBY'S
GRAND ADVENTURE

~ ONLY IN THE ~
KAUNAN KEEP
Old March 16th, 2007, 03:39 AM

kurisenshi has disabled reputation
I like it

GREAT custom! It made me laugh, and is very creative. As far as usefullness, though, I have to agree with one of the above posters about the movement thing. Besides the ballistic attack, it will be very difficult to ever really "sneak" up on a character because the player will know it is able to attack. Still, it's fun and funny. Maybe if you fill the board with trees and secretly mark one underneath as the evil tree, and then add a rule concerning movement that your opponent must turn away from the board & close his eyes while you move your tree 1 space. That way, he'll have to look carefully & really will be asking, "did THAT tree just..."

Again, great job!
Old June 14th, 2007, 09:03 AM

I added in the Speed Customs

(took me ages to dig up this thread...)

MR. GRUBBY'S
GRAND ADVENTURE

~ ONLY IN THE ~
KAUNAN KEEP
Old October 17th, 2009, 07:15 PM

Neonrainbowchaser is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Dictatorbilbo's Customs- Added Speed Customs.

Emperor tomagos Katana of rightousnous is a pretty good Mind (censord) but the effect is a bit to strong, just a little bit.
Old October 17th, 2009, 08:45 PM

jotun7 Woo who?
Re: Dictatorbilbo's Customs- Added Speed Customs.

Those are very good. I liked the way you added detail to the characters, especially the fen guardian. You also surprised me when you made the guardian have so much attack and defense on the master side. Nice job either way; though, what characters did you use to make them? But it doesn't look like you used any at all!

"For HIS honor and glory!"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards