Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 29th, 2018, 11:18 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Sir Heroscape's customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toogwick_tuk View Post
I think Swift Vengeance working with Kyrie figures (or just kyrie squad figures) would be more interesting than the current "Einar Soldiers" for a few reasons.

First it would benefit Einar Imperium and the Protectors of Ullar the most since they have the least defense and are more likely to be destroyed that the better Minions of Utgar, and Sentinels of Jandar who are a lot less likely to be destroyed.

The second reason is that I think if it is for Einar soldiers it can be very powerful, essentially getting a potential free trade for cheap romans or greeks, while if a Kyrie is destroyed, it's most likely still going to be a loss point wise, and there are a lot less chances for the power to activate.

A d20 roll might also be necessary, depending on what happens in playtests.

just my 2 cents
Hmmm, now that’s interesting...make swift vengeance activate on all Kyrie rather than all soldiers...I’ll have to think on that. Good suggestion!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 29th, 2018, 12:56 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I think Swift Vengeance working with Kyrie figures (or just kyrie squad figures) would be more interesting than the current "Einar Soldiers" for a few reasons.

First it would benefit Einar Imperium and the Protectors of Ullar the most since they have the least defense and are more likely to be destroyed that the better Minions of Utgar, and Sentinels of Jandar who are a lot less likely to be destroyed.

The second reason is that I think if it is for Einar soldiers it can be very powerful, essentially getting a potential free trade for cheap romans or greeks, while if a Kyrie is destroyed, it's most likely still going to be a loss point wise, and there are a lot less chances for the power to activate.
This was my line of reasoning when I suggested the same. Being a more expensive 3-person squad suits any variation of Swift Vengeance more than the cheap 4-figure Romans, since the individual figures are worth more, along with being less prevalent overall.

I also think that using Kyries as the basis will equalize the power gap between affected units more, making the balancing process easier. Even Minions of Utgar don't outclass the Imperium nearly as heavily as the Romans/Cathars do, which will only make the design easier to pull off.

Synergy with Kyries is also probably more likely to be accepted, since many Einar Soldiers don't need any additional help as it stands, but making a unit that can help underused Kyries doesn't sound bad at all.
Old May 29th, 2018, 01:24 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:

A d20 roll might also be necessary, depending on what happens in playtests.

just my 2 cents
Great suggestion!!

I do think a d20 roll is needed for game balance.

Do you want to guarantee that Kuah moves and then roll for damage? If so, probably a once per turn limit is good and I think you could drop him under 100 points for that.

If you want multiple uses of the power, perhaps the d20 is rolled each time but the movement/damage doesn't trigger if he doesn't get 13+ (or whatever target number you decide).

And if it hasn't been said - thank you for bringing up these custom ideas. My 'Scape time has been limited for the last year or so but the discussions get my thinking more about the game again. Thanks for letting us ride in on the wing-tips : )
Old May 29th, 2018, 02:12 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

@Astroking112 sorry about that, I guess I just didn’t quite understand your view point at the time? Toogwick somehow explained it really simply and for whatever reason it clicked this time. I’ll try to have a revised card up by tonight. I see the value in him avenging an expensive Kyrie rather than the cheap Romans/Greeks. Makes sense now.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 29th, 2018, 02:24 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I think the Move of 5 to avenge is a little too far, IMO. Though when you start playtesting, you should test various ranges and see. You want some strategic thinking going into where the hero is placed. Also, I don't think being a General is the right title for this figure.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old May 30th, 2018, 11:56 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
@Astroking112 sorry about that, I guess I just didn’t quite understand your view point at the time? Toogwick somehow explained it really simply and for whatever reason it clicked this time. I’ll try to have a revised card up by tonight. I see the value in him avenging an expensive Kyrie rather than the cheap Romans/Greeks. Makes sense now.
No worries, I guess I just wasn't clear enough.
Old May 30th, 2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I think the Move of 5 to avenge is a little too far, IMO. Though when you start playtesting, you should test various ranges and see. You want some strategic thinking going into where the hero is placed. Also, I don't think being a General is the right title for this figure.
Good point. I will for sure.

The title doesn’t work huh? Would you mind explaining that point of view? Any suggestions? For me, he’s definitely a leader in the army and other titles didn’t seem to fit. But maybe your suggestions will sound better than what I’ve got.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 30th, 2018, 12:12 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Legionnaire, Imperator, Lieutenant, Sergeant. Depends on the theme you had for him.
Old May 30th, 2018, 12:14 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I'd suggest Kuah The Kyrie Warrior. Nothing about his powers suggest he is a leader/general. He is a unique hero who is a warrior. Fits Einar since they don't have a Kyrie Warrior yet either.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old May 30th, 2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I'd suggest Kuah The Kyrie Warrior. Nothing about his powers suggest he is a leader/general. He is a unique hero who is a warrior. Fits Einar since they don't have a Kyrie Warrior yet either.
Hmmm...good point. I tied his General status to his original Inspiration ability, but that has now changed. Thank you for that insight, that’s a subtle but important change. As for an Einar Kyrie Warrior, we actually have Kiova already, but I know what you mean.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 30th, 2018, 06:07 PM

This is where I’m at...

I still feel that once per turn to use swift vengeance is not overpowered as it’s written. There are always good and bad matchups in Heroscape, and sometimes he’ll get to avenge a Kyrie from an ant and other times he’ll get to avenge against a higher point figure. I think he will bring a wealth of decisions to make for both the opponent and player. I like his new name as that fits better the direction he is being taken. While I would prefer he have more direct synergy to the Imperium, I understand the wealth of points against it. This current version has subtle synergy in that he benefits a number of units and can also bring a thematic and fun change to Imperium builds. He works more like Atlaga now rather than Spartacus, and I’m okay with that. I like this current version and feel good about going to the workshop one final time before more in depth testing. Thoughts?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 30th, 2018, 06:12 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I like it.

If you find that he tests too strong, I think my first thought would be to drop Intimidating Presence.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed he's on a flight stand. That's undesirable for a Kyrie, in my opinion, although by no means a deal breaker. That said, it looks like he might be rebased easily enough without the flight stand. And even better, there's a Hawkman mini with the same sculpt posed differently on its flight stand. So if it works to rebase him, you have an alternate mini built it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards