Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 30th, 2018, 01:15 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Sir Heroscape's customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
For Jacob...you're probably right about the Rum/Ale. "Draft of Rum" does that work? I feel like Rum is a more pirate drink. I'll admit, your insight is useful here...you're probably right that healing from drinking is not the right theme. What do you think would be a fun, unique application of the rum? Maybe it could even just be a negative ability?
Alcohol is often referred to as "liquid courage" so it could be reflected in a movement bonus as he rushes headlong into battle and as long as he ends his movement adjacent to an opponent's figure. (and as long as he doesn't move in a straight line )
Old November 30th, 2018, 01:43 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Flintlocks take forever to reload. Scytale implemented one by allowing it to be used only once a round. Why on earth does this flintlock fire twice a turn??
Fwiw, some pirates would carry multiple flintlocks on them so they could get multiple shots in without having to reload.
Old November 30th, 2018, 01:54 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Couple things- first, can you post the miniatures used for these guys? I know Jacob Bonefist is actually Kerdak Bonefist from Pathfinder Battles, but I don't know Ygorl's mini.
It looks like some sort of Slaad?

Second, here are my takes.
Ygorl: TREX is right, Ygorl is too strong at 150. Paralyzing Stare is already strong with 5 attack dice, but dropping the roll to 14 is a double whammy. I know there's a tradeoff from Me-Burq-Sa to Ygorl since MBS has 6 Range, but that's the thing- Paralyzing Stare mitigates the risk of taking a turn with a single-attack sniper. I'm not sure there's a similar risk to mitigate with Ygorl, since he's already a tank. I would drop one of the three powers, and maybe drop his Defense to 4. In the case that you do drop one of the powers, let's see which two would make the most powerful and/or most interesting combination.

Paralyzing Stare 14+Incorporeal Form: pretty straightforward hero-hunter. Not many decisions to be made in-game.

Paralyzing Stare 14+Lord of Darkness: a cheerleader assassin. Do I pod up with Range units, provide cover for Melee units while picking off whatever comes my way, or willfully abandon my friends to jump at the juiciest available target? Kinda interesting, but Paralyzing Stare still feels unnecessary here.

Lord of Darkness+Incorporeal Form: heavily anti-range. I could pod up all game long and use Ygorl as the world's nastiest clean-up figure, since he's a hard counter to most of the best clean-up units (Marro Warriors, MBS, Guilty McCreech). If I play him with a melee squad, I don't provide much more choice- so long as I keep him right behind the melee front line, I buff the defense of my squaddies, and give the enemy no chance to actually hit my cheerleader, outside of splash attacks. That very much goes against the typical cheerleader mold, which tend to either be squishier than the figures they're buffing (Raelin) or offer no significant defensive power for themselves (Sir Gilbert) or offer a proportionately small buff based on their defensive ability (Brave Arrow).
If I'm up against Ygorl, and his controller knows how to position his figures, you can basically guarantee Ygorl will die last.

I don't mean this to sound like I'm down on the unit- I like the figure, I like Lord of Darkness (I fiddled with the same power a few years ago and again few months ago, albeit on completely different units) and powers that eliminate hit zones are a largely unexplored design space (Ebon Armor, Goblin Cutters, and The Varja). I also like the idea of re-using Paralyzing Stare. I just don't think they mesh well together, especially in combination with these right-box stats.

Capt. Jacob Bonefist: Draft of Beer isn't terribly thematic for what it does, but a draft of something else, maybe a magical drink associated with Valhalla, could make sense. Draft of the Wellspring? Draft of Anundian Mead? Bonefist also seems overpowered for his points. Attack Bonding, a ranged special attack, and a re-themed Regeneration, combined with 6 Life and 4 Attack? I'd say he outclasses quite a few heroes at that point value, and 120 point heroes sport some of the best chops in the game. I would scale his Flintlock Attack way back, probably just a ranged attack of 2-3 (maybe keep him from moving if he wants to use it- flintlocks are a pain), then bring his normal attack down to 3.
Straight-up Attack Bonding seems hackneyed and not terribly useful for the sort of squad you're looking to pair him with, but I can certainly see the theme. Maybe a twist on Commander's Strike, or even a Sneak Attack that works off of the defending figure being adjacent to a Rogue?

Xundar and the Shadows: this faction is close to ready for the SoV, but there are a couple details I'll put here in case they're not brought up in the nomination feedback.
- why is the Binder's class Binder, but all the others have different classes than their names?
- why is the Demon's name demon when that's already a species in 'Scape?
- there's no reason I can see to ever use Xundar's normal attack. Even if I was up against the Iron Golem, I'd use it just to keep away from him, 2 auto-shields be damned.
- I really, really like the theme of Xundar's special attack, and I really like that the Common Heroes all buff each other in some small way.
Old November 30th, 2018, 02:39 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Flintlocks take forever to reload. Scytale implemented one by allowing it to be used only once a round. Why on earth does this flintlock fire twice a turn??
Double-Barrel flintlocks were very common. Especially for pirates. There were even know to be triple-barrel flintlock pistols.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 30th, 2018, 02:53 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Captain Jacob currently only would work with a squad that has the Buccaneers as their class or species, just FYI.

And a multi-attacking hero seems to not mesh well with attack bonding with a squad, in my mind. 5 attacks vs. 6 attacks isn't a huge difference, as either one is more than enough to potentially clear out a whole squad of attackers.

I'd probably just drop any alcohol-related power entirely, and just add some drunken theme via some degree of unreliability.
Old November 30th, 2018, 03:15 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Hold My Beer
When attacking with Gol D. Rogers, he may roll an additional attack die. If he fails to inflict a wound with this attack, he must receive a wound or promise to never fight drunk again.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; November 30th, 2018 at 03:33 PM. Reason: This really makes me want to dig up the card I had drafted for this guy back in the day.
Old November 30th, 2018, 03:22 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Captain Jacob currently only would work with a squad that has the Buccaneers as their class or species, just FYI.
This is incorrect. Gorillinator bonding calls out specifically the name of the card and not a class or species. Gorillinators are Primadon Agents.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old November 30th, 2018, 03:23 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
This is incorrect. Gorillinator bonding calls out specifically the name of the card and not a class or species. Gorillinators are Primadon Agents.
Yes, but Gorillinators is the whole name. If you want them to work with the Buccaneers of Tortuga, then you'd need to put the whole name in there.
Old November 30th, 2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, but Gorillinators is the whole name. If you want them to work with the Buccaneers of Tortuga, then you'd need to put the whole name in there.
Ah, I see.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old November 30th, 2018, 03:27 PM

Btw SoA. Thank you for your comments, I’ll respond later tonight when I have some more time to post a little more than a quick comment.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old December 1st, 2018, 06:10 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

As you know I have the game Rum and Bones. There is a character that is called blackout bart. He has a mug of ale in his hand and a pistol in his other hand. On your Jacob guy you could have his pistol shot be a 1 attack that can't be blocked but if you don't wound them, you take a wound. You could also make it deal 2 unblockable hits on the targeted figure. His ability is "I shoot better after a few" I'd make it a once a turn attack as well. Make it a special attack.

This could also allow you to get rid of third ability.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 1st, 2018, 08:59 PM

Apologies for not getting to these comments sooner. I really appreciate all the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Alcohol is often referred to as "liquid courage" so it could be reflected in a movement bonus as he rushes headlong into battle and as long as he ends his movement adjacent to an opponent's figure. (and as long as he doesn't move in a straight line )
Hmmm...I'm not sure about the ability yet, but I LOVE that as a power name..."Liquid Courage"...that just has a certain charm to it. In fact, I might steal that for the name of whatever ability I use, that okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Couple things- first, can you post the miniatures used for these guys? I know Jacob Bonefist is actually Kerdak Bonefist from Pathfinder Battles, but I don't know Ygorl's mini.
It looks like some sort of Slaad?
The Demon mini is "Black Slaad" and pirate Kerdak Bonefist.

Quote:
Paralyzing Stare 14+Incorporeal Form: pretty straightforward hero-hunter. Not many decisions to be made in-game.

Paralyzing Stare 14+Lord of Darkness: a cheerleader assassin. Do I pod up with Range units, provide cover for Melee units while picking off whatever comes my way, or willfully abandon my friends to jump at the juiciest available target? Kinda interesting, but Paralyzing Stare still feels unnecessary here.

Lord of Darkness+Incorporeal Form: heavily anti-range. I could pod up all game long and use Ygorl as the world's nastiest clean-up figure, since he's a hard counter to most of the best clean-up units (Marro Warriors, MBS, Guilty McCreech). If I play him with a melee squad, I don't provide much more choice- so long as I keep him right behind the melee front line, I buff the defense of my squaddies, and give the enemy no chance to actually hit my cheerleader, outside of splash attacks. That very much goes against the typical cheerleader mold, which tend to either be squishier than the figures they're buffing (Raelin) or offer no significant defensive power for themselves (Sir Gilbert) or offer a proportionately small buff based on their defensive ability (Brave Arrow).
If I'm up against Ygorl, and his controller knows how to position his figures, you can basically guarantee Ygorl will die last.

I don't mean this to sound like I'm down on the unit- I like the figure, I like Lord of Darkness (I fiddled with the same power a few years ago and again few months ago, albeit on completely different units) and powers that eliminate hit zones are a largely unexplored design space (Ebon Armor, Goblin Cutters, and The Varja). I also like the idea of re-using Paralyzing Stare. I just don't think they mesh well together, especially in combination with these right-box stats.
I've already made a note to move his defense to 4. I agree that the powers do seem a little bit of a stretch. I appreciate your analysis. From what you said, I think the best combo (based off of the mini and the idea I'm going for) is the Paralyzing Stare and Incorporeal Form. Paralyzing stare will stay because that was the reason for this design in the first place. I found the mini, saw it had availability, thought Demon and looking at that face/eyes and thought a melee unit with paralyzing stare would be very thematic for him. That, and he's a little more intimidating than MBS, hence the lower roll. Incorporeal form was next because of the translucent mini, and I thought that he would make a perfect Demon who's only defeat-able once he's been engaged in combat. He can't attack until he takes a corporeal form, thus when he's engaged, he becomes vulnerable to ranged attacks. Lord of Darkness I'll admit was tacked on a little bit as a way to make him more usable with other units...but I agree with your assessment that it doesn't fit as well. That all said, this design is still in the early stages, so that may change.

Quote:
Capt. Jacob Bonefist: Draft of Beer isn't terribly thematic for what it does, but a draft of something else, maybe a magical drink associated with Valhalla, could make sense. Draft of the Wellspring? Draft of Anundian Mead? Bonefist also seems overpowered for his points. Attack Bonding, a ranged special attack, and a re-themed Regeneration, combined with 6 Life and 4 Attack? I'd say he outclasses quite a few heroes at that point value, and 120 point heroes sport some of the best chops in the game. I would scale his Flintlock Attack way back, probably just a ranged attack of 2-3 (maybe keep him from moving if he wants to use it- flintlocks are a pain), then bring his normal attack down to 3.
Straight-up Attack Bonding seems hackneyed and not terribly useful for the sort of squad you're looking to pair him with, but I can certainly see the theme. Maybe a twist on Commander's Strike, or even a Sneak Attack that works off of the defending figure being adjacent to a Rogue?
Changes I'm already going to make are probably giving him some form of reckless power due to the Rum he's drinking...calling the power name "Liquid Courage". Probably something that does a wound if I don't succeed so that there is a risk factor. I'll also be changing the bonding to Movement Bonding since I think it would actually be much more useful for the Buccaneers since they struggle with engagements anyway, and getting them into position to use their opportunism, is much more valuable. Flintlock special will stay, I believe it works just fine. His Attack of 4 normal is representative of him primarily as a melee baddy since he does have a sword. No convinced it needs to drop to 3.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards