Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 5th, 2018, 03:50 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Sir Heroscape's customs

It would feel very shoe-horned, to me.

Like the Thrall movement power is for Thralls. They all have it, and they all can be brought back by Nicky. So this guy doesn't fit with the rest of the Thralls. He's not Mindless, and he's not a common undead. He's a freaking Necromancer, which is really cool, and so he should move around by himself, not as part of a Mindless Pack.
Old July 5th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

For the species, why not translate an appropriate word into an appropriate language and see what comes up? I've done that before. For example, if you translate necrosis into German you get Nekrose, which sounds like a decent species if it's going to be something original anyway.
Another option is to look into mythology and folklore and see if there's anything interesting there.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 5th, 2018, 04:59 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
It would feel very shoe-horned, to me.

Like the Thrall movement power is for Thralls. They all have it, and they all can be brought back by Nicky. So this guy doesn't fit with the rest of the Thralls. He's not Mindless, and he's not a common undead. He's a freaking Necromancer, which is really cool, and so he should move around by himself, not as part of a Mindless Pack.
Mmmm, yes. I think you’ve made a very important point. Glad you shed some light on that break in theme. I was getting a little hasty heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
For the species, why not translate an appropriate word into an appropriate language and see what comes up? I've done that before. For example, if you translate necrosis into German you get Nekrose, which sounds like a decent species if it's going to be something original anyway.
Another option is to look into mythology and folklore and see if there's anything interesting there.
Wow, yeah I appreciate that advice. Though, would he require a new/made up species? Foulspawn is new yes, but it’s not new to D&D and there are D&D species already in Heroscape. That said, I do really like Nekrose as a species name. It seems to fit. @superfrog any insight on how that might be received from the judges standpoint?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 5th, 2018, 07:22 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

As long as you explained it it could work. Just be prepared to give a little more info on the new species that you're "inventing".
Old July 5th, 2018, 08:05 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
As long as you explained it it could work. Just be prepared to give a little more info on the new species that you're "inventing".
mmmk...thanks

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old July 5th, 2018, 09:58 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
mmmk...thanks
Its not too out of line to use foulspawn. Heck there are whole waves of DnD figures with DnD species, and the foulspawn is made by DnD right? I'd just go with that. I think he would be awesome to be that, and there could later be other Foulspawn units that pop up and have something to do with him. I would support him being just a Necromancer and not a thrall. A thrall is a kind of being that is an underling to a vampire that does their will where a necromancer should be a creature of power. I can see a vampire also being a necromancer but not a Thrall. I like the possibilities you have going on here with this unit. Otherwise I wouldn't bother posting about it. I look forward to seeing what you come up with here.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 8th, 2018, 10:11 PM

Alright, so after some playtesting, Druzhul's mechanic wasn't coming out the way I wanted and he just wasn't really strategic enough for his order markers. His rebirth ability was too dependent on multiple factors which made it difficult to make him most effective. I've kept him the same for the most part, but below you'll see some distinct changes that I believe tighten up the design and make him much more of a midgame shark, which was what I was hoping more for...hence his price bump to 120. Not sure if it's too high yet (or maybe to low?), but I imagine he'll be much more of a threat now. Please look at the "Key Changes" notes before replying. It will help you see the changes a little better I think.

Key changes to note:
1. The special abilities are listed in order of their activation, which makes it much easier to understand how they all work together.
2. Strength of Souls is the same other than adding a CAP to just 3 figures on his army card.
3. the Special Attack is the biggest change. The name was changed to be more in line with his title, which I don't think is redundant, but make more sense. 5 range felt like a bit far for an attack of spirits, 4 range seems more natural (maybe range 3 depending on how well he playtests at range 4). I upped the attack to 4 just to make him a bigger threat and higher output. I also made his ability dependent on him having at least 1 figure on his card because it doesn't make sense that he could use souls to attack when he doesn't "have" any. I also liked the idea of him getting multiple attacks for his souls, rather than instant skulls, making the visual more like he's sending out the souls to attack, which is exactly what the name of the special implies. The hardest part of this was making sure the wording made it clear that he HAS to have at least 1 figure to use the special and he can only have AT MOST 3 attacks with the special, because he can only ever have 3 figures on his card (as determined by Strengh of Souls special).
4. Return of Souls is the name change from Blood Ritual because I'm going for a different visual here. It operates exactly like the Zombies Rise Again special, but limited to ONLY figures on Druzhul's card.

OVERALL:
These changes I'm really excited about. To be honest, I'm pretty confident about the design as I feel it's a lot tighter mechanically and thematically. The visual I'm going for here is a Necromancer in the center of an army sucking up souls to keep himself safe from attacks and then retaliating by sending out/returning those souls back out to take over the front lines. This of course makes him vulnerable when he's sent the souls out, but his attack output should be enough to make him a threat and worth his points.

Please let me know what you think! @BiggaBullfrog @superfrog @Lazy Orang @TREX @Leaf_It

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old July 9th, 2018, 01:00 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I like it sir h. The two last abilities need cooler names though. The last one needs to be Reanimate the dead. The second one needs to Ethreal Blast, Soul Blast, or my personal fav- soul swarm special attack. This guy has many factors that could break him but love the theme.

Old July 9th, 2018, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
This guy has many factors that could break him but love the theme.
Really? How do you feel he could be broken?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old July 9th, 2018, 01:16 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
This guy has many factors that could break him but love the theme.
Really? How do you feel he could be broken?
I guess it would just come down to dialing in a point cost. This guy has potential to be pretty powerful. I really like him though.

Old July 9th, 2018, 07:19 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

So you need to destroy your own figures to be able to bring them back? You get to turn him into a lower range Q9, which is interesting. The last power is sort of interesting because, you honestly don't want to be removing any figures from your army card. I don't feel like he should be called a Necromancer. His theme right now seems to be that he's toying with souls, and using them to empower himself. A Necromancer Resurrects the dead to serve him, and command an army. This guy deosn't even want to revive anyone, he just wants to kill them so that he can use their souls to attack people. He can't even do it to enemy figures, only his own figures.

I like this design overall, it's very unique, but I would call it something other than Necromancer. Soul Bender, or Spirit Weaver, or something... I'm not sure. Life Stealer?
Old July 9th, 2018, 08:08 AM

Whiskey McGreggor Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
So you need to destroy your own figures to be able to bring them back? You get to turn him into a lower range Q9, which is interesting. The last power is sort of interesting because, you honestly don't want to be removing any figures from your army card. I don't feel like he should be called a Necromancer. His theme right now seems to be that he's toying with souls, and using them to empower himself. A Necromancer Resurrects the dead to serve him, and command an army. This guy deosn't even want to revive anyone, he just wants to kill them so that he can use their souls to attack people. He can't even do it to enemy figures, only his own figures.

I like this design overall, it's very unique, but I would call it something other than Necromancer. Soul Bender, or Spirit Weaver, or something... I'm not sure. Life Stealer?
I think Soul Weaver would be a cool name, spirit bender sounds like something from Avatar.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards