Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 4th, 2018, 08:02 AM

Whiskey McGreggor Woo who?
Re: Sir Heroscape's customs

I'm really liking the Razorbeak and Soulkeeper cards so far, hopefully get to see them in one of your videos down the road and eventually in one of my games at home.
Old July 4th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I think somewhere you said that you didn't want to revive undead Thralls, if this is the case, but you still want to limit it to undead, then just limit it to Squad figures.
Originally, but I'm thinking it's not that big of a deal for the Thralls, since he has to have destroyed them for his other ability first anyway before he can revive them. In fact...now that I'm thinking about it, maybe he should be a Thrall? He kinda looks like he could be one of them. Though, does he have to be undead? like...could his species be Thrall? Or does Thrall automatically make you undead?
@BiggaBullfrog @superfrog any insight on that? Could he be a Thrall as the species but Necromancer as a class? If not, I'm thinking I actually really like how the Thrall synergy could work out and he would do well to be Undead, classed as Thrall. Then he could activate with the Thralls, as well as potentially be brought back by Nicholas (though maybe that'd be too OP...and if so, anyway I could avoid that?)

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 4th, 2018, 12:16 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
I think somewhere you said that you didn't want to revive undead Thralls, if this is the case, but you still want to limit it to undead, then just limit it to Squad figures.
Originally, but I'm thinking it's not that big of a deal for the Thralls, since he has to have destroyed them for his other ability first anyway before he can revive them. In fact...now that I'm thinking about it, maybe he should be a Thrall? He kinda looks like he could be one of them. Though, does he have to be undead? like...could his species be Thrall? Or does Thrall automatically make you undead?
@BiggaBullfrog @superfrog any insight on that? Could he be a Thrall as the species but Necromancer as a class? If not, I'm thinking I actually really like how the Thrall synergy could work out and he would do well to be Undead, classed as Thrall. Then he could activate with the Thralls, as well as potentially be brought back by Nicholas (though maybe that'd be too OP...and if so, anyway I could avoid that?)
Thrall is already established as a class, so making it a species would be a break for me (and many others, I think). I'd be wary of letting Nicholas bring him back for power level reasons, but you could test for that. I think it would drive up his price unnecessarily, though, and I'd worry that he'd overshadow/replace Nicholas as a Thrall spawner. Additionally, you get into weird mechanic consistencies if you make him a Thrall and let Nicholas revive him since Nicholas's power doesn't say anything about removing wound markers from the destroyed figure's card, and other powers that bring back figures state that specifically (well, Rejected by Death does, I can't remember if there are any other powers that revive unique heroes). I wouldn't be surprised if it got downvotes just based on that rulings and clarifications workload.

TL;DR: While I agree it's a neat idea, IMO the complications outweigh the benefits on what is otherwise a sleek design.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 4th, 2018, 12:22 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Id leave him as a foulspawn. I like the power set. It needs a little polishing but I like it. Side Note: You are making a custom zombicde necromancer card for him right?

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 4th, 2018, 01:13 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Thrall is already established as a class, so making it a species would be a break for me (and many others, I think). I'd be wary of letting Nicholas bring him back for power level reasons, but you could test for that. I think it would drive up his price unnecessarily, though, and I'd worry that he'd overshadow/replace Nicholas as a Thrall spawner. Additionally, you get into weird mechanic consistencies if you make him a Thrall and let Nicholas revive him since Nicholas's power doesn't say anything about removing wound markers from the destroyed figure's card, and other powers that bring back figures state that specifically (well, Rejected by Death does, I can't remember if there are any other powers that revive unique heroes). I wouldn't be surprised if it got downvotes just based on that rulings and clarifications workload.

TL;DR: While I agree it's a neat idea, IMO the complications outweigh the benefits on what is otherwise a sleek design.
Yeah I guess you're right. Do you think I'd have to add a 4th special ability (kinda like the Groks or Dividers with the Hive) that indicates he can't be respawned by Nicholas?

EDIT: Also, could his class be Thrall but his species remain Foulspawn? That is does his class as Thrall necessitate he be undead? I would think not, but I'm curious what you think. He doesn't quite seem undead to me, buuut he could pass as undead if I wanted to try and work some Thrall synergy.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old July 4th, 2018, 02:39 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

If Im correct, I believe thralls are basically servants of vampires. In that sense there could be any race of thralls. When I played skyrim on my playstations there were orcish, human, and elvish thralls.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 4th, 2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
If Im correct, I believe thralls are basically servants of vampires. In that sense there could be any race of thralls. When I played skyrim on my playstations there were orcish, human, and elvish thralls.
If that is the case then I think I’ll just make his class Thrall. He’s clearly a necromancer type dude, but I like the synergy that’s possible with the Thralls...though I’ll have to figure out how to keep him from being respawned by Nicholas.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old July 5th, 2018, 12:06 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
What is the reasoning behind Second Strike, though? I'm not seeing the theme between a Reckless figure only attacking again if the first one misses. It feels more like an addition for gameplay than for theme to me right now.
His recklessness is shown through his charging assault and closeout speed. He's great for rushing in for a potential big hit, which tends to be overextending him. He plays that way too. When you can get a juicy hit 9 spaces away but you're getting way out of position, then it's easy to be reckless with him. His second strike is due to his dual blades, so I'd say it makes sense and it also gives him his points. Keeps him killing once or twice before he goes down from the weak 4 life 3 defense.
I agree that he'll play Recklessly with Charging Assault; I was just saying that Second Strike doesn't feel similarly Reckless. Something like Double Attack or (at the risk of sounding redundant) Reckless Second Swing seems like it matches the theme slightly more to me, while Second Strike feels a little bit like it was designed to keep his points low.
That's actually exactly why I designed it that way. It's still thematic, unique and keeps him from being over powered...no problems there.
This was a minor complaint that seems to have distracted you from my other comments, so I won't stress it further after this. I just wanted to say that it feels like Second Strike was designed because you wanted to make a 50-point Hero, instead of being a natural extension of the design. There is an admittedly slight disconnect between its implementation and the other powers in my opinion, which I think could be fixed with some minor changes.

Hopefully that makes my previous points clearer.
Old July 5th, 2018, 01:24 PM

For Druzhul, what if I were to make his class Thrall and add a 4th ability as follows:

[You can’t do it]
Nicholas Esenwein cannot rise Druzhul with his Bloodborn Rising special power.

Not sure what the name will be, help on that?
Adding a 4th ability is never something I’ve wanted to do. But here I think it’s necessary and okay if I make him a Thrall, which is a direction I really like the prospects of.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old July 5th, 2018, 02:43 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
For Druzhul, what if I were to make his class Thrall and add a 4th ability as follows:

[You can’t do it]

Adding a 4th ability is never something I’ve wanted to do. But here I think it’s necessary and okay if I make him a Thrall, which is a direction I really like the prospects of.
Personally, I don't mind it, but I'm going to tell you right now that you'll never get this one past the SoV if you want him in there.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 5th, 2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:

[You can’t do it]

Personally, I don't mind it, but I'm going to tell you right now that you'll never get this one past the SoV if you want him in there.
Do expound please. Im not sure I follow. Are you saying that simply the existence of a 4th ability would shoot it down? Or the existence of not allowing him to be risen by Nicholas? Because if it’s the latter, then I would say it would make him more broken to allow Nicholas to keep bringing him back.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old July 5th, 2018, 03:45 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:

[You can’t do it]

Do expound please. Im not sure I follow. Are you saying that simply the existence of a 4th ability would shoot it down? Or the existence of not allowing him to be risen by Nicholas? Because if it’s the latter, then I would say it would make him more broken to allow Nicholas to keep bringing him back.
They would:

1) probably shoot it down simply due to the existence of a fourth power; and;
2) probably consider requiring a power explicitly to break synergy inelegant and shoot it down based on that.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards