Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 27th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Customizing Compendium - NEW 2nd Edition!

I've been working on this for the past few months, and I finally got around to finalizing it. This is a guide book and reference for making Heroscape customs. Lately I've been hearing from a lot of people new to customizing, and I thought this would be a great resource to help them get up-to-speed. Plus I use it myself all the time!

It covers pretty much every aspect of custom card making, including design, costing, playtesting, aesthetics, and a comprehensive style guide for wording. It is also a living work, meaning it will be updated based on information from new releases. There were a lot of other contributors to this work besides myself, and I tried to give them all credit in the intro. If I inadvertently left someone out, please let me know so I can include them.

I look forward to hearing comments and suggestions from all of you!

Click on the thumbnail picture of the cover to download the PDF (about 11 MB).

(1st edition)

(2nd edition)

Last edited by GreyOwl; October 11th, 2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old May 27th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Customizing Compendium

Wow GreyOwl, top notch stuff here. Really, thank you for putting this together.
Old May 27th, 2010, 08:08 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I will have some reading to do! Great job!
Old May 27th, 2010, 08:12 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Dude, can you be any more the man?
Old May 27th, 2010, 08:13 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great work GO !!

Pg 42. I believe to be an error. You recommend upping the point cost of an "underpowered" figure and lowering the cost of a "broken" figure. Conventional wisdom holds the opposite to be true

Last edited by Adam Souza; May 27th, 2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old May 27th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This is an incredible piece of work with an impressive scope and it deserves to be an announcement all its own, in my opinion! I hope, at the very least, this gets some Week @ Scapers love!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 27th, 2010, 08:36 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Souza View Post
Great work GO !!

Pg 42. I believe to be an error. You recommend upping the point cost of an "underpowered" figure and lowering the cost of a "broken" figure. Conventional wisdom holds the opposite to be true
I didn't write that section, but I'll look into it. Thanks for pointing it out!
Old May 27th, 2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
This is an incredible piece of work with an impressive scope and it deserves to be an announcement all its own, in my opinion! I hope, at the very least, this gets some Week @ Scapers love!
And thanks for all your contributions, guidance, and proofreading skills!
Old May 27th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I do what I can, but this is your project through and through.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 27th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

That's incredible GreyOwl. No wonder you haven't been around as much, you've been working your feathers off with that project. Awesome contribution to the community.

+rep

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 27th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

That is amazing! Can't wait to read the entire thing

Crap:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GreyOwl again.
File doesn't work. I tried it twice, both times instead of the wonderful text I was expecting I got thick black bars... Fix suggestions?

Last edited by tcglkn; May 27th, 2010 at 10:01 PM. Reason: empty rep cannon
Old May 27th, 2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
File doesn't work. I tried it twice, both times instead of the wonderful text I was expecting I got thick black bars... Fix suggestions?

Do you mean the download isn't working, or that you can't open it after downloading? Both are working fine for me...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards