Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 27th, 2011, 12:36 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
caps' customs -Speed Customs highlighted- 11/4/13

Spotlight on Speed Custom Entries

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I'm really proud of the designs I submitted to some of Soundwarp SG-1's Speed Custom contests (be sure you check them out) so I thought I would showcase them in my thread.

Each of my cards were made by danieloche. Let me say he did an awesome job!

Here they are:

Challenge 3
Spoiler Alert!

Challenge 6
Spoiler Alert!

Challenge 7
Spoiler Alert!

--

Yeenoghu's Hunters
Spoiler Alert!

Kevfalcon the Stormbreaker (formerly Joena)
Spoiler Alert!

Deathwalker 6000 (temporary name, any ideas?)
Spoiler Alert!

Zezz
Spoiler Alert!

Al'lannon
Spoiler Alert!

Ayrin
Spoiler Alert!

Ari'cristle
Spoiler Alert!

Fingulf
Spoiler Alert!

Gareth the Scarlet Fury
Spoiler Alert!

Trellyn
Spoiler Alert!

Frederick Wolfgang
Spoiler Alert!

League of Heroes
Spoiler Alert!

Prototype Ideas for Additional "Elites" - last updated 6/28/12
Spoiler Alert!

Outcast - added 6/28/12
Spoiler Alert!

Mastermind - added 6/28/12
Spoiler Alert!

Tacticals
Spoiler Alert!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; November 4th, 2013 at 10:06 PM. Reason: updating
Old October 27th, 2011, 07:16 AM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: capsocrates' customs - last updated 10/26/11

Interesting abilities! I like this unit. I am assuming it is a two-man squad?
Old October 27th, 2011, 10:16 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: capsocrates' customs - last updated 10/26/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenwizard9 View Post
Interesting abilities! I like this unit. I am assuming it is a two-man squad?
The version using the Hunter's Mark is probably going to be played as a 2-man squad. Depending on how I modify it after playtesting it could be a 3-man squad.

The simpler version (without Hunter's Mark) is a 3-man squad.

--
--
--

--
Old October 27th, 2011, 05:41 PM

Re: capsocrates' customs - last updated 10/27/11 - new cards

I still have more ideas cooking up, but I want to refine these ones before I go any further. The figures that I most want to work on are the K'Vir brothers and Joena the Stormbreaker. They seem the closest to being ready for playtesting to me. I think The Lost One and Heath are also close to ready.

--
--
--

--
Old November 5th, 2011, 04:58 AM

Added the latest version of the K'Vir brothers. Removed everything else.

K'Vir Brothers:
Spoiler Alert!

--
--
--

--
Old November 7th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The K'Vir Brothers is an interesting way of creating a unique team of hunters. I especially like how Hunter markers can be used for either offense or defense. Neat mechanic. The hunter theme really comes through.

In terms of cost, they are definitely overpriced. Whether a squad of two or three, 3 defense won't last long. Yeah, they can survive a couple of hits due to Hunter markers, but you could only hope for two uses of that power. Against even weak squads these guys will fall fast.

Offensively they're not all that hot either. One may think that two or three attacks of 5 is devastating, and it is pretty strong, but the Kozuke Samurai at 100pts can provide that without restrictions and are better at getting into combat. If the K'Virs had Disengage I might suggest a higher cost, but without that a smart opponent will lock them down before they have a chance of getting to their target.

My first suggestion is to remove the 4 clear sight space restriction on Hunter's Mark. Putting a mark on a far-away figure isn't a good idea anyway, and not having to be close to your target at the end of a round would make them easier to play. Point-wise, at a squad of three I would start testing them at 100pts or less, maybe as low as 80. As a squad of two I would put them in the 60-70pt range.

They can fill a role as assassins, but they'll need a lot of care to get the most out of them. Against most armies finding the right moment to strike will be difficult. Potentially good rewards, though, so at the right price point they could be worth it.
Old November 8th, 2011, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
The K'Vir Brothers is an interesting way of creating a unique team of hunters. I especially like how Hunter markers can be used for either offense or defense. Neat mechanic. The hunter theme really comes through.

In terms of cost, they are definitely overpriced. Whether a squad of two or three, 3 defense won't last long. Yeah, they can survive a couple of hits due to Hunter markers, but you could only hope for two uses of that power. Against even weak squads these guys will fall fast.
They have been nerfed quite a bit since their first version. Originally their special attack was also a double attack and they had 4 defense, but I felt like that was too strong. I only playtested them once like that, so I nerfed them mainly based on theoryscaping. EDIT: They also had 4 hunter markers, rather than 3.

Quote:
Offensively they're not all that hot either. One may think that two or three attacks of 5 is devastating, and it is pretty strong, but the Kozuke Samurai at 100pts can provide that without restrictions and are better at getting into combat. If the K'Virs had Disengage I might suggest a higher cost, but without that a smart opponent will lock them down before they have a chance of getting to their target.
That is an excellent point. I had not thought of the Kozuke. The problem with giving them Disengage is that there is then so much text that the card is unreadable.

Quote:
My first suggestion is to remove the 4 clear sight space restriction on Hunter's Mark. Putting a mark on a far-away figure isn't a good idea anyway, and not having to be close to your target at the end of a round would make them easier to play.
The problem I see is that they may be difficult to get into combat without losing a hunter marker that way. Suppose I take a marker off of them and place it on an opposing hero at the beginning of a round in which they start in the starting zone. If they don't kill the hero they marked in three turns, that marker is lost to them. So I put the four-spaces requirement in there to keep them from losing markers just to get into the fight. Maybe it would be better with 8 or 10 spaces? I run into the same problem with making this work that I ran into with disengage--the text that makes it clear just takes up too much space.

Quote:
Point-wise, at a squad of three I would start testing them at 100pts or less, maybe as low as 80. As a squad of two I would put them in the 60-70pt range.

They can fill a role as assassins, but they'll need a lot of care to get the most out of them. Against most armies finding the right moment to strike will be difficult. Potentially good rewards, though, so at the right price point they could be worth it.
It sounds like I really need to playtest them. Maybe I'll bump their stats back up some, because I want them to be a little more powerful. Disengage would definitely be good for them.

I'll upload the version of the card that is simpler, so you can see that also.

--
--
--

--
Old November 30th, 2011, 06:03 PM

Question Re: capsocrates' customs - last updated 11/5/11

I want to post some more of my customs, but I don't want to dump them all on here yet.

Here are some of the other ideas I have that are, as of yet, untested and un"published."

Outcast - a hybrid hunter common hero (hybrid = bonding w/Werewolf Lord)
Zezz - a teleporting assassin
Gandolin - a real wizard
Ayrin - an Elf Ranger with battle-leadership abilities
Shyn the Ranger - an Elf Ranger with range/melee options and a lot of speed
Joena the Stormbreaker - a stud of a Goliath Blademaster
Lord Heath - a half-elf Warlord blademaster with some serious melee skills

I'm also toying with ideas for a paladin mount and a paladin with special abilities tying him to a mount. Which one should I put up next?

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; November 30th, 2011 at 06:05 PM. Reason: changed wording
Old May 24th, 2012, 11:23 AM

Re: capsocrates' customs - last updated 11/5/11

I'm back. Here is a new, reworked version of the K'Vir brothers.

K'Vir

Valkrill*
Demons*
Unique Squad - 3 figures
Hunters
Relentless*
Medium

*subject to change

1 life
6 move
1 range
3 attack
4 defense

100 points

EVADE DEATH

At the start of the game, place 3 black Hunter markers on this card. After a K'vir rolls defense dice against an attack, you may remove 1 Hunter marker from this card to ignore all wounds inflicted by that attack.

HUNTER'S MARK

At the start of the round, if there is an order marker on this card, place a Hunter marker from this card on the card of an enemy Unique Hero. When the marked Hero is destroyed, return the Hunter marker to this card. When attacking a figure with a hunter marker on their card, a K'vir rolls 3 additional attack dice.

DISENGAGE

K'vir are never attacked when leaving an engagement.

And here is Joena, whom I believe I have never listed here before for more than a short period of time (but he was very different then).

Joena the Stormbreaker

Vydar*
Goliath
Unique Hero
Champion*
Fearless*
Medium 5 - here is the figure

*subject to change

7 life
5 move
1 range
3 attack
5 defense

160 points

DEADLY STRIKE
When attacking with Joena the Stormbreaker, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit.

WHIRLWIND ATTACK
Joena the Stormbreaker may attack any or all figures adjacent to him. Roll each attack separately. Joena the Stormbreaker may not use Deadly Strike when using Whirlwind Attack.

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; May 24th, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: caps' customs - 5/24/12

Joena is very neat, a combo hero and squad killer, depending on which special power you use. Interesting. 3 attack with double skulls is going to hurt, especially with 5 def/7 life.

I think he'd be played more as a hero killer, charging into battle to engage the opponent's best hero, whirlwinding squads along the way. Definitely an interesting figure.
Old May 24th, 2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Joena is very neat, a combo hero and squad killer, depending on which special power you use. Interesting. 3 attack with double skulls is going to hurt, especially with 5 def/7 life.
I have playtested him very little--he's actually had no playtesting since I made some major changes to his card, but I did test the 7life, 3attack, deadly strike. He killed Q10 in a single attack when Q10 had height--he rolled 3 skulls and Q10 rolled nothing. He hits really hard, and he has the potential to hit harder with height, glyphs, finn, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I think he'd be played more as a hero killer, charging into battle to engage the opponent's best hero, whirlwinding squads along the way. Definitely an interesting figure.
Mmhmm, I'm looking forward to trying him some more in the near future.

--
--
--

--
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:44 AM

S1leNt RIP Woo who?

Sup! New here, but I figure I might be able to lend some insight!

First off, K'Vir seem really cool! I feel like they may be a little strong for 100 points, but only by about 10-20 points. Just a gut reaction. Hunter's Mark coupled with Evade Death is a great and fun mechanic, and lends itself to strategy more than a lot of units. Boss unit! (Where are the figures?!?)

Now, Joena.

First off I feel like Joena sounds like a more feminine name to me. I think it's the "ah" sound at the end. I'd drop it for flavor reasons!

Everything else on him looks good for the price, with the possible exception of Deadly Strike. You mentioned yourself that height, glyphs and buffs could really make him crazy, and because of that I would lower him to 2 attack dice, or increase his point cost by about 40.

Yeah...

Either that or completely remove his Whirlwind attack or lower his health or defense by 1 or 2. As is, he has tools to deal with everything except for ranged squads (which is a matter of a couple more order markers). He seems absolutely devastating, beefy, and with a anti squad attack thrown in.

But, playtesting will be the determining factor in really finding out whether he's too good.

Final thing, I'd change Whirlwind Attack to...

Whirlwind Special Attack
Range 1. Attack 3.
You may attack any and all figures adjacent to Joena with whirlwind special attack once per turn.

(I'm sure awsomeunleashed or Scytale would be able to make sure the wording is perfect, but I think it's cleaner, simple, and consistent with most of heroscape).

Boom!

New to Heroscapers, already starting with the Customs! Check em out here!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards