Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 30th, 2018, 08:44 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Sir Heroscape's customs

The newer Heroclix (which Thanagarian is) can be a little trickier to separate from their flight stands than the old-school ones; the flight stand is a part of the sculpt now, not something that comes detached when you buy it.

Also, I don't quite know this for sure, but I don't think Hawkman and Thanagarian sit any differently on their bases. I think the sculpt just has a tendency to bend, and you're going to see a little variation in how the figure leans due to that.
Old May 30th, 2018, 08:46 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
The newer Heroclix (which Thanagarian is) can be a little trickier to separate from their flight stands than the old-school ones; the flight stand is a part of the sculpt now, not something that comes detached when you buy it.

Also, I don't quite know this for sure, but I don't think Hawkman and Thanagarian sit any differently on their bases. I think the sculpt just has a tendency to bend, and you're going to see a little variation in how the figure leans due to that.
To be honest, I'm not too worried. The flight stand is pretty mellow compared to other figures and has a much wider base for stability. I really can't see it being an issue.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 31st, 2018, 01:24 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
This is where I’m at...

On the "once per turn" - just a thought that with Bonding - your attacker may have a Bonding Turn with a Hero then a Squad Turn. That is potentially 2 auto-wounds with Vengeance per opponent's Order Marker. Something to consider while playtesting.
Old May 31st, 2018, 02:10 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Quote:
This is where I’m at...

On the "once per turn" - just a thought that with Bonding - your attacker may have a Bonding Turn with a Hero then a Squad Turn. That is potentially 2 auto-wounds with Vengeance per opponent's Order Marker. Something to consider while playtesting.
Very good point. I appreciate that.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 28th, 2018, 05:24 AM

Below are a number of current projects I'm working up to for the SoV. They are in order of readiness. I'm curious to see what you all have to say regarding some of them as I'm kind of dividing my time between which one suits my fancy and playtesting them and altering them all somewhat simultaneously.

This guy is ready to go. I haven't submitted him yet as the majority of his testing was done with the Beakface Archers and I'd like to make sure he still runs well with the Sneaks if the Archers don't end up making it through. So far though, he's a great, cheap edition for the Raptorians.

Kuah is looking pretty solid, though it remains to be seen just how well he adds to the game on his own and in coordination with the EI. So far he does help, but more playtesting will tell by just how much. His Intimidating presence does need to be altered to only activate on Small/Medium figures.

Lartoth has been playtested a couple times and has brought some fun play to the Drow in the sense that as a Unique Spider who is the actual Spider of Lolth, she bonds with the Arachnomancers...which is very thematic. I like the direction so far.

I wanted a Necromancer figure for Valkrill that could kill his own units but also bring them back. Here's a shot at it. Untested, but hoping the concept is there.

Availability is there for this figure and makes for a good unique hero for the faction. I was thinking he looks to be more of a leader/chieftan role for the raptorians and rather than give him glide or evasive like the others, I gave him disengage for a different manueverable power. I also wanted him priced somewhere between the razorbeak and the warwitch and as a leader the ability to help his units on the battlefield. His crossbow makes for a nice special attack and is thematic.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 28th, 2018, 08:43 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm about to sleep, but before that, the Quorik Chieftan looks really neat to me, Though I'm not sure I like the sound of "Cheiftan" for the name of the leaders of the Raptorians. The Raptorians are Birds, so I think of their leaders as somewhat similar to the bird that leads a flock of birds. There isn't a term for the bird that leads a flock, but Chieftan feels off. This could just be me though. Regardless, I like the sound of the following. Luminary. Harbinger. Pilot. Forerunner. Or if you want to be a little edgy, but also somewhat thematic, you could call him a Murderer, the one who leads the Murder of Crows Raptorians. You could also play into the enslaving aspect (they enslaved the vipers) of the Raptorian lore and call him a Subjugator.

I like the idea of a Necromancer, but I feel like it's a missed opportunity if he can't bring back Undead Thralls, or Zombies of Morindan. At least he can bring back the Skeletons though.
Old June 28th, 2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I'm about to sleep, but before that, the Quorik Chieftan looks really neat to me, Though I'm not sure I like the sound of "Cheiftan" for the name of the leaders of the Raptorians. The Raptorians are Birds, so I think of their leaders as somewhat similar to the bird that leads a flock of birds. There isn't a term for the bird that leads a flock, but Chieftan feels off. This could just be me though. Regardless, I like the sound of the following. Luminary. Harbinger. Pilot. Forerunner. Or if you want to be a little edgy, but also somewhat thematic, you could call him a Murderer, the one who leads the Murder of Crows Raptorians. You could also play into the enslaving aspect (they enslaved the vipers) of the Raptorian lore and call him a Subjugator.

I like the idea of a Necromancer, but I feel like it's a missed opportunity if he can't bring back Undead Thralls, or Zombies of Morindan. At least he can bring back the Skeletons though.
Yeah I’m not married to that name for the Cheiftan, it was really the first thing that came to mind and I was hoping to get some better ideas, and yours are a good start!

The Necromancer has gone through a lot of iterations mainly because I DIDNT want him to bring back undead zombies/thrall etc. There are already a lot of units that do that or have synergy to that and I wanted to make something f a little more unique and more broad (any Valkrill squad figure), but that may then destroy some of the theme. I don’t know maybe it’s not so bad if he does bring back the undead like other units already? Right now I don’t see a reason to do what’s already been done though.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 28th, 2018, 02:51 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

A bunch of thoughts (yay, thoughts!)

Quorik Razorbeak:
  • Not sure he fits as a "Quorik" since he looks so different than the Warwitch (no wings is a big thing there).
  • Second Strike is a cool power.
  • I think Evasive isn't necessary here, especially at only 1 extra die. He's got closeout speed, so he isn't going to be sniped from range much. If you want a Raptorian power, Glide might work here. But perhaps he's too heavily armored to Glide.

General Kuah:
  • I think it would be cool if he could move with Swift Vengeance against any sized attacking figure, but you could only deal the wound to small or mediums.
  • I still think this figure is really cool, so good find

Lartoth, the Spider of Lolth:
  • What's the mini?
  • I don't like the reverse bonding here. It seems like the bonding would go the other way, with Arachnomancers controlling spiders. And unique-hero-to-unique-hero bonding never excites me.
  • Wall of Web is really cool.
  • On the whole he seems underwhelming for 100 points. Not much attack power and pretty squishy against range.

Necromancer of Valkrill
  • What's the mini?
  • He needs a real name.
  • I'm not feeling Foulspawn as a species here, or Evil as a personality.
  • The special attack is really cool.
  • Strength in Numbers seems like a very non-Valkrill-y power.
  • I'd worry about this guy bringing back Mezzos or Chasers or HSBs. Maybe just Valkrill undead?

Quorik Chieftain
  • What is this mini? It's cool but kinda weird. (Not that weird is bad).
  • Same concern about him being a Quorik.
  • Whatever his title is will have to match his class eventually.
  • Disengage seems off to me.
  • Raptorian Resilience is a cool power than will really help the existing Raptorians.
  • Why is the special attack only once a round?
  • I'd like to see Glide here somewhere.

In general, I agree with you about their order of readiness. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by superfrog; June 28th, 2018 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Astroking has some good thoughts too.....
Old June 28th, 2018, 02:53 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Nice set of customs! I wanted to share my initial thoughts on a couple of them below.
Quote:

This guy is ready to go. I haven't submitted him yet as the majority of his testing was done with the Beakface Archers and I'd like to make sure he still runs well with the Sneaks if the Archers don't end up making it through. So far though, he's a great, cheap edition for the Raptorians.
I like this guy overall, and I think that it'd be nice to have him as another option for the Raptorians. The mini also seems very fitting, and I was hoping to see a design get through for it.

What is the reasoning behind Second Strike, though? I'm not seeing the theme between a Reckless figure only attacking again if the first one misses. It feels more like an addition for gameplay than for theme to me right now.

Quote:

Lartoth has been playtested a couple times and has brought some fun play to the Drow in the sense that as a Unique Spider who is the actual Spider of Lolth, she bonds with the Arachnomancers...which is very thematic. I like the direction so far.
Arachnomancer Bonding feels more like it belongs on a squad than a Unique Arachnid Hero to me, but I do like how it gives additional potential to Fyorlag Spiders by making Estivara slightly more feasible there.

Wall of Web seems like it might be a pain to keep track of, though. I'd like to see it simplified a little bit, since it's essentially just adding more bells and whistles to Swirling Vortex.

Quote:

I wanted a Necromancer figure for Valkrill that could kill his own units but also bring them back. Here's a shot at it. Untested, but hoping the concept is there.
I'm not a fan of being able to revive Orcs, Durgeth, and the Vulcanmech Incendiborgs. To me, the power would be more thematic and fitting if it only worked with Undead squad figures in some way, such as the various Skeleton squads and the Zombies of Morindan.

Is the name "Necromancer of Valkrill" a placeholder? It sounds either like an Uncommon Hero or like a callback to the Death Knights of Valkrill, and a unique name might be more fitting.

If it was intended as a callback to the Death Knights, then I think that making him Relentless to allow him to bond with them wouldn't hurt. The Death Knights are fairly expensive anyway, so destroying them for the Special Attack would be an interesting trade-off.

As for the sculpt, might I suggest using Liliana Vess from the first Arena of the Planeswalkers set? I don't know that figure you're currently using, but AotP is widely available, fits in perfectly, and Liliana has a perfect Necromancer vibe going for her. I think that as more people use the figures from those sets as well, it'll become more likely for people to own her instead of this figure. Just some food for thought.

Quote:

Availability is there for this figure and makes for a good unique hero for the faction. I was thinking he looks to be more of a leader/chieftan role for the raptorians and rather than give him glide or evasive like the others, I gave him disengage for a different manueverable power. I also wanted him priced somewhere between the razorbeak and the warwitch and as a leader the ability to help his units on the battlefield. His crossbow makes for a nice special attack and is thematic.
I actually disagree with Leaf_It here. Chieftan works for me, mostly because we have seen so little of the Raptorians. Whatever you choose for the second part of the name, though, I think that the class should match it (much like the Quorik Warwitch and Quorik Razorbeak).

It feels a little weird that the "leader" of a faction would be only 75 points, though. I know you're aiming for another option priced between the Razorbeak and Warwitch, but it feels like a slight disconnect to also say that he's the captain of the faction.

I almost want to suggest letting Raptorian Resilience also add 1 to the attack of adjacent Raptorians to give them some more punch, but with Flocking, it'll be very easy to get the bonus, and that might require bumping the points up more than you're comfortable with.
Old June 28th, 2018, 04:21 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys! Really appreciate it. I’m a little busy to respond right now but I do have some reaponses to share later tonight.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 28th, 2018, 05:48 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quorik Razorbeak:
  • Not sure he fits as a "Quorik" since he looks so different than the Warwitch (no wings is a big thing there).
This was the result of the Pre-SoV workshop, though I agree with you. Originally Sir_H had him named Jakaw Razorbeak, but Jakaw was viewed as a unique name, which the Warwitch didn't have, so the general consensus was that the unique heros for the Raptorians should not have unique names because the Warwith had set a precedent. Thus this design's named was then changed to Quorik Razorbeak. Since there are now 2 Raptorian heros that Sir_H is working on, I personsally would like to see the return of "Jakaw" but used as a statrus title just as "Quorik" is. Quorik could be for visibly winged Raptorians, and Jakaw for the high class wingless leaders. However, these are just my thoughts on the matter.
Old June 28th, 2018, 05:58 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Yeah, as long as Razorbeak is obviously his class, and not his "last name", I actually think Jakaw Razorbeak could work as his name.

Last edited by superfrog; June 28th, 2018 at 05:58 PM. Reason: yay for coming full circle (kinda)...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards