Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

View Poll Results: Which Dates Can You Attend? (Please Select ALL That Apply)
Saturday, October 13th 6 46.15%
Sunday, October 14th 7 53.85%
Saturday, October 20th 6 46.15%
Sunday, October 21st 6 46.15%
Saturday, October 27th 8 61.54%
Sunday, October 28th 6 46.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 13th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Northeast (New England) NHSD 2012: Pick Your Poison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone View Post
Quote:
Okay, there's more information in the OP. I have banned the Rechets of Bogdan, Marro Hive, and Kato Katsuro alltogether. I can't think of any other units that need to be banned, if something comes to mind let me know.
Sure those are bad, but honestly, there are still enough other bad units. This format doesn't seem like much fun by battling with someone elses horrible army against your own horrible army. If your goal is to see lesser played units in action, then just make it a banned list tourney, like what happened in Beast of the East last august.
That is not my goal. Pick Your Poison is a very popular format and I think it will be a ton of fun. I have to ban those units to avoid broken armies.
I get that, but there are still extremely awful armies you could make.
Maybe you should add another factor like,

Each army must have at least 3 of the same common squad, or
Your army may only contain X number of units rated C+ or lower.
That would help a lot. Or, instead of the second one, you must include x number of units of A- and higher.
Old September 13th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really don't like the format- I don't think we have a problem with unit variety (ex: I Like Pi finished second in PiW with Spiders, I finished third with Quasatch, and there were no restrictions on armies), and even if you think we have a unit variety problem, this is no the way to go. Would you rather play with 6x 4th Mass + Q9 or with Spartacus, 1x Imperium, DW7000, Hatamoto Taro, and 1x Sahuagin Raider? I think making the worst army possible is silly because it removes a lot of fun strategy from the game. At the very least, a middle ground like a banned list (Texas has a good one*) would get rid of the "top" combos and allow everyone to have a great time at the tournament. Another idea is a format in which players bring many armies and play different armies in different games.

If you do decide to use the "play your opponent's army" format, I hope there will be some other maps on which to play Heroscape in other formats.

*Each army can only contain ONE unit from the restricted list below:
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 13th, 2012, 07:03 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Okay, there's more information in the OP. I have banned the Rechets of Bogdan, Marro Hive, and Kato Katsuro alltogether. I can't think of any other units that need to be banned, if something comes to mind let me know.
I agree with Scapemage, this does sound like a fun format and I'm disappointed that I can't attend.

I don't think it's necessary to "Ban" any of those units, if everyone is coming to have a good time they will realize that by choosing a lame army for their opponent they will, be ruining the fun for their opponent, and themselves. When I draft an army with say for instance... the Wolves of Badrue, I would enjoy to play against guys like Braxis, and Zelrig because, I know it will be fun, and even more so if I win. I like a good challenge, I have more fun losing to a good army rather than winning against a lame one. If when coming to a tournament your sole purpose is to beat everyone, you have what is known as, a serious attitude problem, and you need a new hobby.
Those units you are banning are very effective if used correctly, and by banning them, you are taking away from other units such as: Iskra, Stingers, Kosukie and other samurai.

However, all this is only my opinion, and you guys as the tourney participants, and host may do as you want.

Have fun.

~Joseph Sweeney
Old September 13th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

However, the format we're doing right now is not pick your poison, it's reverse the whip, but unlike other rtw tourneys, you never play your own army. Pick your poison is what I said before. Check out th Islandscape July 21st 2012 thread to see what happpened at that rtw tourney.
Old September 13th, 2012, 07:52 PM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!

Obviously, this will be Scapemage's choice, but it seems that there is some degree of resistance to the format. I'm definitely willing to go with whatever he decides. However, I think the "ban list" is a fine concept to switch up the armies. Another interesting format (I think) is Reverse the Whip. If it were, say, 2 games with your army and 3 with your opponent's, you'd get most of SM's desire, but still want to make a reasonable army instead of one with all crap.

Sorry I haven't voted on the poll yet. So much going on in October that I'm not positive on my schedule yet...

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old September 13th, 2012, 08:03 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

If you want to try something different and fun along the lines of not necessarily playing what you brought you can try doing the Heroscape Grab Bag idea.

Each person brings an army of X points...each army is assigned a letter or number. Randomly select players names out of a hat and then the player picks a letter/number out of another hat and thats the army they play with for that round.

No banned units..no crappy armies because you could play with your own if you draw it out of the bag.

Remember that NHSD in the Northeast has always been about playing and celebrating the game and not about who wins or loses.
Old September 13th, 2012, 09:17 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

Sorry, the only reason I'm not coming is format, what about Reverse the whip? That is half pick your poison half normal, and still lets us play armies we wouldn't normally play. Or we could do a draft since that seems to include mixed philosophies. Or a non-tournament like last year would be fun. if we do do something like that though, I'm coming since all days work.

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old September 13th, 2012, 09:24 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
If you want to try something different and fun along the lines of not necessarily playing what you brought you can try doing the Heroscape Grab Bag idea.

Each person brings an army of X points...each army is assigned a letter or number. Randomly select players names out of a hat and then the player picks a letter/number out of another hat and thats the army they play with for that round.

No banned units..no crappy armies because you could play with your own if you draw it out of the bag.

Remember that NHSD in the Northeast has always been about playing and celebrating the game and not about who wins or loses.
That is actually an amazing idea. I think we've found our format. Thanks man.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 13th, 2012, 09:29 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Sorry, the only reason I'm not coming is format, what about Reverse the whip? That is half pick your poison half normal, and still lets us play armies we wouldn't normally play. Or we could do a draft since that seems to include mixed philosophies. Or a non-tournament like last year would be fun. if we do do something like that though, I'm coming since all days work.
Okay, after some though, here's what's going to happen. It's Reverse The Whip. Every round you will alternate between your own army and your opponent's army (so Round 1 you'll play your army, Round 2 your opponent's, etc.).

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 13th, 2012, 10:28 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Okay, after some though, here's what's going to happen. It's Reverse The Whip. Every round you will alternate between your own army and your opponent's army (so Round 1 you'll play your army, Round 2 your opponent's, etc.).
Sweet, I'm a confirmed than and I would also add Imadragon as a maybe.

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old September 13th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Interesting choice of doing it that way. We usually do 3 Normal, then 2 or 3 of Reverse. That's another neat way to do it.
Old September 13th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Northeast (New England) NHSD 2012: Reverse The Whip!

I'm hoping to make this, but I haven't voted for a date yet.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day