Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old December 3rd, 2019, 11:34 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Take 2 Pairings-- 460, 16 hexes

What do you all think of this army pair in Take 2 (460, 16 spaces?)

Maraturak (195) (2)
AGs (Me) x1 (235) (5)
Swog (260) (7)
Mimring (410) (9)
Nerak (460) (11)

vs.

Legos x2 (100) (
MBS (150) (10)
Azuitre Warlord (295) (11)
Mogrimm (415) (12)
Siiv (455) (13)

Mimring Army is fragile, but has a strong match-up against Lego-podge. The interactions between figures here is fascinating to me, i.e. Legos being unable to clump due to Mimring, but then being picked off easier by weak attacks of archers; MBS being outranged by Mimring, and Azuitre fearing Maraturak, but also being able to chase down Mimring; legos (honestly, just squadscape) are the hardest counter to Mara, but are going to have to make tough decisions about deploymemt.

Thoughts? I might post a couple of other pairs (Blackgaard!) but this pair is my fav theoryscape so far.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old December 4th, 2019, 10:29 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Take 2 Pairings-- 460, 16 hexes

Imo, if the Mimring player understands how to play the matchup, I think the Roman player will have a rough time. Mimring does gross things to slow melee, especially with only two squads and no Raelin. I think you need to either buff the Romans or weaken the Mimring army.
Old December 5th, 2019, 11:37 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I mean it's Mimring but it's also Mimring with almost no help. Like Arrow Gruts are trash at x1, and the 75 points of Swogs is even worse. I'm pretty confident I'd win the matchup the other way. Azurite and MBS and Forgehammer are all great bonding heroes.
Old December 5th, 2019, 12:22 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

sounds like a vegie vs. OEA1 online throwdown to me!!!

I'll be taking bets!
Old December 5th, 2019, 02:45 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I imagined the AG army being two phased; I feel as though if the bad AG pod/Mimring can do enough damage and take out enough Romans and MBS, Marturak could have an OK chance to run away with the game against a few Romans and single attack heroes. Conversely, if OMs are juggled correctly, and Mara can ambush and kill a hero early or if Mim never gets cornered or kills the figures capable of chasing him down, I think the army can run away with the game.

Against other armies, I don't know how the Mimring army fares, as so much of it is pretty bad in most match-ups.

Of course, that's all just theoryscape...

Old December 6th, 2019, 04:03 AM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

We have a take 2 tournament coming in February and I have no clue what's the best way to build for this format. Any tips?

If I had to guess it would be make sure your armies are OK against eachother but also against the overall meta, neither one hard-countering the other. Right?
Old December 6th, 2019, 07:32 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

You have it spot on, for the most part. The armies don't necessarily need to conform to the meta power-level, as if your opponent has balanced their armies well enough, there are then two options to play them instead. This was seen with all-hero pods (and not all super-star heroes) that won online games in previous years.

That being said, if you're like me and are less comfortable piloting your opponent's armies, its never bad to bring two armies you are familiar with and that can counter each other in different ways. Bonus points if both are hard to play :P

Old February 2nd, 2020, 05:49 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

If I was going (not out of reach, we’re just broke), I’d focus on building armies with neat gimmicks. Even if the armies don’t have yin-yang symmetry, I’ll trust that my opponent won’t have two trash builds.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 2nd, 2020, 01:36 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
If I was going (not out of reach, we’re just broke), I’d focus on building armies with neat gimmicks. Even if the armies don’t have yin-yang symmetry, I’ll trust that my opponent won’t have two trash builds.
We want you there!!! If you guys need to stay overnight, we can house you. Just let me know and we will work it out. We can figure out costs if needed! never let cost stand in the way of good company and good 'scape!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old February 2nd, 2020, 01:51 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmuskie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
We want you there!!! If you guys need to stay overnight, we can house you. Just let me know and we will work it out. We can figure out costs if needed! never let cost stand in the way of good company and good 'scape!
No worries, its not a dire stuation or anything. Just broke for right now until after Uncle Sam gives my money back lol.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion