Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old October 28th, 2006, 02:35 AM

lunchboxpuke has disabled reputation
Awesome historical scenario

the battle of thermopylae would be awesome to do in heroscape. any of you map gurus up to the challenge?
Old October 28th, 2006, 04:17 PM

fallen_phoenix6 has disabled reputation
that would be really awesome! I hope someone tries it.
Old October 30th, 2006, 03:15 PM

auralerogeny is surprisingly tart
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the battle of Thermopylae? I have never heard of it...would you care to elaborate?

Click to see more...
Old October 30th, 2006, 03:32 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralerogeny
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the battle of Thermopylae? I have never heard of it...would you care to elaborate?
yeah...what he said...
Old October 30th, 2006, 03:55 PM

fallen_phoenix6 has disabled reputation
It was a battle during Ancient Greece, where the ruler of Sparta (a Greek city-state) led his warriors into battle against the Persians. It was an area of volcanic activity in northern Greece. There, all of the Spartans who went into battle were defeated.

Please correct me if any of the information is wrong, this is going from memory. I haven't had a history class that talked about ancient civilizations for four years.
Old October 30th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae

300 (the new film slated for next year) is based on this battle taken from the Frank Miller graphic novel. Looks awesome from the previews.

And the older movie The 300 Spartans is also based on the Battle. A decent movie if you ignore the lame love story interspersed throughout the movie.

Newb.
Old October 30th, 2006, 04:59 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Isn't the Frank Miller book called 400? I know it's based on the Battle of Thermopylae, but I believe he changed it. Then again, I could be thinking of something completely different.
Old October 30th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Frank Miller's book is called '300'. It's the number of Spartans that stayed behind to hold off the Persians.

Newb.
Old October 30th, 2006, 07:48 PM

deliverymanxas is surprisingly tart
Sounds like it could make for a pretty good scenario. Take X points, and leave X points behind to fend off invading forces.

Now we need a volunteer to make the map. Im not familiar with Greece, or very good with the map-making programs anymore...so I wont be the one to take this project on. Determining amounts of Master Sets would be quite the chore.
Old October 30th, 2006, 10:00 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Yeah...

"The defending player chooses any 20 figures and takes the appropriate army cards. The attacker then drafts an army equal to the point total of the defending army..."

Might need tweaking
Old October 31st, 2006, 01:46 AM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
I highly recommend the book "Gates of Fire" by Steven Pressfield. It is about Thermopylae and is very, very, good - an incredibly vivid invocation of classical warfare that really changed my idea of what it was like completely.

The whole thing should definitely be time based. The defenders are pretty much guaranteed to all die, however they can win the scenario by surviving a certain number of rounds. The attackers have to beat them before that number of rounds elapses. Create highly defensible positions with several further places to fall back to and force the offenders to attack recklessly in order to beat the clock.
Old October 31st, 2006, 02:35 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjib
I highly recommend the book "Gates of Fire" by Steven Pressfield. It is about Thermopylae and is very, very, good - an incredibly vivid invocation of classical warfare that really changed my idea of what it was like completely.

The whole thing should definitely be time based. The defenders are pretty much guaranteed to all die, however they can win the scenario by surviving a certain number of rounds. The attackers have to beat them before that number of rounds elapses. Create highly defensible positions with several further places to fall back to and force the offenders to attack recklessly in order to beat the clock.
I like that idea. Maybe another idea is to make it 1 player is the defender, and there are multiple attacking players. Each player could have the same number of points, but the defender is severely outnumbered (3 or more vs 1?) The number of rounds the defender has to survive is a function of the number of attackers. Attackers could score points for kills so there is an overall winner in the event that the attackers win. Another crazy idea is to have each player take a turn as the defender and then all players tally points scored over each iteration of the game for the overall champion.

With the right map this could be a very interesting scenario.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios