Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 7th, 2010, 08:37 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Peoria NHSD Faction Wars 2010 (Central Illinois)

1) Yes the negation glyph would be less powerful if were face down, considerably. If it's face up, whoever wins initiative or has the faster unit is going to get it and get a huge advantage.
2) Negation is more powerful. (I don't like either glyph competitively)

****Whenever I play with the summoning glyph, we have a house rule that you can only summon friendly figures, but I don't think we're looking to do any house ruling at an official tournament event*****
Old October 10th, 2010, 01:54 PM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker

I originally selected Negation because I was under the impression from some conversations I had had that it was a weaker glyph than Summoning. I'm not going to change the glyphs now, but I'm starting to like Summoning and dislike Negation. As long as Summoning is in a location on the board that can be reached equally well from either starting zone, I think it is an interesting glyph when placed face up. Both armies would probably race for the glyph, but if you play your markers right, you can plan ahead for which figure they might select to summon. I think the addition of the Healing glyph to a pool with Summoning would help balance the pool.
Old October 10th, 2010, 06:03 PM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker

I have all the glyphs I need to run the tournament, but I found that I had a bunch of oddball extra glyphs and I'd rather even out the glyphs I have a little bit. On the off chance, would anyone be interested in swapping some glyphs?

I have:
Valda (+2 move) x2
Kelda (Heal) x2
Mitonsoul (Mass Curse) x2

I'd like to get a hold of:
Dagmar (+8 initiative) x2
Wannok (Wound)
Erland (Summoning)
Astrid (+1 Attack)
Ulaniva (+1 Unique Attack)

PM me if you'll be attending and would be interested.

EDIT: I also have an extra Water Elemental Card (no figure) if anyone needs one.

Last edited by Vydar; October 10th, 2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old October 12th, 2010, 10:49 PM

jetjake knows what's in an order marker jetjake knows what's in an order marker

The odd ball stuff that you have..... I guess that comes with playing the game for so long and trading frequently.
Old October 13th, 2010, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjake View Post
The odd ball stuff that you have..... I guess that comes with playing the game for so long and trading frequently.
The extra glyphs were from a very odd trade a long time ago where I ended up with a lot of weird odds and ends. The Water Elemental card was accidentally sent to me instead of a Wyvern card when I made a purchase from Auggie's a few months back. He sent me the Wyvern card and told me not to bother shipping the other one back.
Old October 13th, 2010, 04:42 PM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjake View Post
The extra glyphs were from a very odd trade a long time ago where I ended up with a lot of weird odds and ends. The Water Elemental card was accidentally sent to me instead of a Wyvern card when I made a purchase from Auggie's a few months back. He sent me the Wyvern card and told me not to bother shipping the other one back.
Unfortunately glyphs are one thing I keep misplacing was barely able to scrape the ones for Saturday. I'll find them when I don't need them!
Old October 14th, 2010, 10:34 PM

Since we're receiving support from WotC again this year, I would like to create a post-tournament thread once again. If you can contribute by taking some pictures or writing battle reports, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Old October 14th, 2010, 10:47 PM

briaka knows what's in an order marker briaka knows what's in an order marker

Woo-Hoo!!! Prize support!!

Do. Or do not. There is no I don't wanna.
Old October 14th, 2010, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briaka View Post
Woo-Hoo!!! Prize support!!
Oh, yeah! I updated the first post, but I forgot to post the news!

We have 3 D&D Master Sets and a set of Wave 12.

Thank you WotC and thank you R˙chean!
Old October 16th, 2010, 08:57 AM

briaka knows what's in an order marker briaka knows what's in an order marker

Good luck everyone! See you in a few!

Do. Or do not. There is no I don't wanna.
Old October 16th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

I just wanted to say that I had the best time. I realized that I played Heroscape more in the last 24 hours than I have in the entire year...I really need to play more. Congrats on the multiple perfect games played, and thank you to a great community that makes this game great

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old October 16th, 2010, 10:47 PM

Thank you to all who participated! Without you, this event wouldn't be as great as it is. I also love the level of class and sportsmanship at our Peoria events as well as the willingness to deviate away from "power armies" and try to keep the event a bit more approachable for the more casual player.

I've posted a Final Results and Battle Reports thread at this link: http://www.heroscapers.com/community....php?p=1231230

Please, add your battle reports and pictures.

For interest sake, I've posted the final rankings on the first post. If anyone disapproves of this, I'm willing to tear down all ranks but the Faction Champions. I discovered after I got home that I accidentally ranked jetjake 2 slots lower than he actually placed. My apologies to him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day