Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Notices

Old March 27th, 2019, 12:42 PM

Skyver knows what's in an order marker Skyver knows what's in an order marker
Question Heroclix in 2019?

So I was playing a match of C3G Heroscape at my LGS, and I had a couple of guys approach who noticed I was using Heroclix figures. They asked what I was doing and I gave them a brief explanation of Heroscape. They went on to tell me that they are currently trying to get a group together for Heroclix to meet on a regular basis and host tournaments for it.

My question is, what are your opinions on Heroclix?

I don't want to "ditch" Heroscape, since my favorite aspect of it is the 3D terrain and I know Heroclix doesn't have that, at least not in its basic form. Maybe I could convince the group to invest in 3D Heroclix terrain? I would offer up my own Heroscape terrain for use with the Heroclix system, but the Square-to-Hex transition doesn't quite mesh 1:1. Some people are Ok with the changes but most would probably not consider it to be 'true' Heroclix.

My biggest problem with Heroscape right now is that no one in my area (South Texas) really plays it. If I want to join a tournament, I would have to drive quite a long distance. So this could possibly be an opportunity to finally be part of a similar style of group?

I really don't know anything about Heroclix though. Are all figures compatible with all other figures? Are only figures from newer sets allowed in Tournaments (Like Magic: the Gathering formats)? If anyone could shed some light on this, I would appreciate it. Preferably people who have experience with both games.
Old March 27th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Heroclix in 2019?

I don't have any direct experience with Heroclix, but my impression isn't favorable. Enough so that even though I own hundreds of Heroclix, I've happy cut almost every single one off of their bases and thrown those bases away, replacing them with ones that are appropriate for Heroscape.

Of course, I'm C3G through and through, so I can't help myself.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 27th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I wonder if you're anywhere at all near @japes or @Spidey'tilIDie

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 28th, 2019, 12:31 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyver View Post
My biggest problem with Heroscape right now is that no one in my area (South Texas) really plays it. If I want to join a tournament, I would have to drive quite a long distance. So this could possibly be an opportunity to finally be part of a similar style of group?
I've never played HeroClix and thus can't really speak for it, but yeah, unfortunately most of the scene in Texas seems to be centered up here in the north. I was much further South (in San Antonio) before I left for college, but I'm not sure when I'll be there again.

My recommendation if you want to play HeroScape, though, is to start the scene yourself. It may be slow, but if you keep running events and inviting people, you could start a local following of the game. Fortunately, getting people interested in HeroScape is often easy if you have it set up, since the game looks cool and can often intrigue passerby.
Old April 16th, 2019, 07:59 AM

CliffWal is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyver View Post
I've always prefered these fat burners for men and never played HeroClix and thus can't really speak for it, but yeah, unfortunately most of the scene in Texas seems to be centered up here in the north. I was much further South (in San Antonio) before I left for college, but I'm not sure when I'll be there again.

My recommendation if you want to play HeroScape, though, is to start the scene yourself. It may be slow, but if you keep running events and inviting people, you could start a local following of the game. Fortunately, getting people interested in HeroScape is often easy if you have it set up, since the game looks cool and can often intrigue passerby.
From the very little I know about Heroclix, I like it a lot. My biggest problem is not having anyone to play with right now. Not many people are familiar with it at all I think.

Last edited by CliffWal; August 20th, 2023 at 04:01 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games