Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Notices

Old July 17th, 2007, 09:25 PM

himsati knows what's in an order marker himsati knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang
If you don't mind me saying so, I'm not sure that it's been entirely 'debunked'
I notice at the bottom of page 15 of the rulebook that "Common Army Cards" will be included in the expansion sets. Since I have yet to see a common card with a single figure on it in Heroscape (lest I may have missed one though, I'll be honest I don't have all the Exclusive repaint figures), one might assume that squads will be part of the expansions based on the statements made there on page 15. Especially since it talks about "filling up" one card before you start placing destroyed figures on another, this would be impossible with a unique single figure card. So there obviously must be squads in future expansions.

I'd say the statement about figures from "other Heroscape expansions" is most likely referring to other Heroscape "Marvel Legends" expansions specifically. I doubt after all the statements made by the Hasbro folks, that they would do that kind of 180-degree change. I think they left it vague enough knowing a lot of folks from the HS community want to mix and match, but can always clarify when needed that they meant the Marvel HS expansions when they wrote that.

At least that would be my take on it having been in marketing for many years.
Old July 17th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
No offense, but there are a number of holes in this post. I'll try to be gentle and take them one by one.
1) That comment at the bottom of page 15 could be referring to Common Army Cards in regular Heroscape. There's nothing in the language there that clarifies whether they meant Marvel Heroscape expansions or not specifically. So there's nothing conclusive as to whether there will be squads in future expansions, or future expansions at all (though the recent podcast - see the front page of this website - suggests there will at least be expansions).
2) Do you have Road to the Forgotten Forest? It includes the Dumutef Guard, which is a common hero - thus a common card with one figure on it. The Swog Rider that comes in the Knights and Swog booster is another example of this. None of the Gencon exclusive repaints are commons - they're all unique figures so far (Nerak, Sir Hawthorne)
3) Your second to last paragraph talks about "all the statements made by the Hasbro folks." What statements exactly were you speaking of? Because all the statements I've heard is that the two games are completely compatible - which would in no way dispute the theory that the "other Heroscape expansions" could refer to preexisting Heroscape expansions instead of Marvel Legends expansions specifically. However, I would agree with you that they left it purposefully vague so as to neither discourage mixing, or preclude likely future expansions. And I do agree with you that these future expansions are likely. I just think you're overstating the evidence a bit, due to a few misunderstandings on your part.

No offense meant by this, I just don't want you getting your hopes up too far before it's truly warranted. :P

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 18th, 2007, 01:46 AM

Funcall has disabled reputation
nothing like doing stuff for finding out what will happen

I have played a a good number of games now using Marvel and standard Heroscape together and as far as I can tell there is no problem. The points seem to work out, reasonable players ended up with a close and entertaining game. We played by drafting 800 point armies in accordance witht the Marvel rules.

Has anyone had an experience actually playing the game that bears this out, or is contrary to my experience?
Old July 18th, 2007, 01:49 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
They're fully compatible. The only ones still debating this are complete fools - and mostly silent ones as well, if they exist (meaning I haven't seen anyone professing that belief around here in some days ... well, except Skynight, but he's just incompatible in general. )

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 18th, 2007, 01:50 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
They're fully compatible. The only ones still debating this are complete fools - and mostly silent ones as well, if they exist (meaning I haven't seen anyone professing that belief around here in some days ... well, except Skynight, but he's just incompatible in general. )

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old July 18th, 2007, 01:52 AM

Where's that Ninth beat Sky banner when I need it ... ?

Old July 18th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
hehehe..
Old August 7th, 2007, 11:43 PM

Buggoo is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Hey i dont want to sound stupid but youll be able to use the Marvel guys with the originals, right?
Old August 8th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggoo
Hey i dont want to sound stupid but youll be able to use the Marvel guys with the originals, right?
Yes, they are completely compatable.
Old February 11th, 2008, 02:53 PM

Wiet is surprisingly tart
Anyone else having trouble with both the PDF-links in the OP? I can't download the rulebooks because the server can't be found
Old February 11th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiet
Anyone else having trouble with both the PDF-links in the OP? I can't download the rulebooks because the server can't be found
PM Nether and let him know his server is down.
Old October 24th, 2010, 01:45 AM

Re: Marvel Heroscape Rulebook

Hmm ... crap, the links to the scans of the Marvel rulebook provided by nether here are all broken ... does anyone have these so we can replace the links in the first post with good ones?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's