Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old July 6th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
I think they're a little too awkward, more of a really special attack for Iskra than anything else. The biggest problem I have with them is that Iskra doesn't get any sort of bonding with them. At the start of a round, how do you place markers? You can't do 1 Iskra 2/3 Rechets because you've lost an entire round if she fails. 3 Iskra will help ensure they go out, but you don't really get to use them then. Really, without some kind of Rechet bonding on Iskra, I see these guys as one of those units like Morsbane where all the time you waste trying to get their special to work would be better spent using other units.
Or you just put your 3rd Marker on Iskra all the time. She takes a turn, if she summons them, great, if not, oh well, try again next time. And if they do go out, your opponent has only a turn left (if a turn at all), they'll likely survive, and you can put your markers on them next round.
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Quote:
I think they're a little too awkward, more of a really special attack for Iskra than anything else. The biggest problem I have with them is that Iskra doesn't get any sort of bonding with them. At the start of a round, how do you place markers? You can't do 1 Iskra 2/3 Rechets because you've lost an entire round if she fails. 3 Iskra will help ensure they go out, but you don't really get to use them then. Really, without some kind of Rechet bonding on Iskra, I see these guys as one of those units like Morsbane where all the time you waste trying to get their special to work would be better spent using other units.
Or you just put your 3rd Marker on Iskra all the time. She takes a turn, if she summons them, great, if not, oh well, try again next time. And if they do go out, your opponent has only a turn left (if a turn at all), they'll likely survive, and you can put your markers on them next round.
Also remember that you can use Ornak to take a turn with her.

Old July 6th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Are they not getting a free turn once summoned? That's bonding right there.
And if the whole Esenwein family is drafted, your opponent will surely have other issues to deal with if he wants to forgo them and attack the Rechets. That's fine.
I'm digging these Devourers and can't wait to play them several times to see how they perform.
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:31 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!
The more I think about these guys I'm thinking that they are a lot better then they appear.

Lets just say you start your turn with Iskra she moves up 6 spaces and then you roll a 16 or something. You deploy these guys as far ahead as you can within 6 spaces of her. Now you get to take a turn with them and move an additional 6 spaces with them!

Thats a lot of movement for one turn and often you're going to be engaging units with elevation and getting nasty attacks on them. And this all for the low cost of adding 50 points to an already solid hero. They seem very similar to the airdrop in their blitzing like style.

Grenade lobbyist
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:33 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
And if the whole Esenwein family is drafted, your opponent will surely have other issues to deal with if he wants to forgo them and attack the Rechets. That's fine.
I'm digging these Devourers and can't wait to play them several times to see how they perform.
That's IF they're summoned. The issue is that you can't plan on that for more than one turn at a time. If you put more than one order Marker on Iskra, you still only get 1 turn with the Rechets and potentially waste turns with Iskra afterwards. If you put future turns on the Rechets, you're likely to lose turns if Iskra fails to summon. The problem isn't the turn they're summoned, but the fact you have to spend turns summoning them and you can't plan markers for them in advance.

Its just like Morsbane. You end up spending turn after turn trying to get his special to work and when it finally does, you're stuck with extra turns on him. Alternatively, if you just try to get it to work every once in a while, it's likely to not work until long after the point where it would have made a difference in the game. Either way you're better off spending your points and turns on other units.
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Quote:
That's IF they're summoned. The issue is that you can't plan on that for more than one turn at a time. If you put more than one order Marker on Iskra, you still only get 1 turn with the Rechets and potentially waste turns with Iskra afterwards. If you put future turns on the Rechets, you're likely to lose turns if Iskra fails to summon. The problem isn't the turn they're summoned, but the fact you have to spend turns summoning them and you can't plan markers for them in advance.

Its just like Morsbane. You end up spending turn after turn trying to get his special to work and when it finally does, you're stuck with extra turns on him. Alternatively, if you just try to get it to work every once in a while, it's likely to not work until long after the point where it would have made a difference in the game. Either way you're better off spending your points and turns on other units.
I think Johnny has the right idea, shes a good round finisher. Put #3 on her. Summon (or not) and then you get to redo the order markers.
Old July 6th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
The issue is that you can't plan on that for more than one turn at a time. If you put more than one order Marker on Iskra, you still only get 1 turn with the Rechets and potentially waste turns with Iskra afterwards.
Then don't plan on attempting to summon them more than once during a round. Or straight from the starting zone, 2 order markers on Iskra and see what happens.
And if she scores on the first try, how are further order markers wasted?
The further she gets down the field, that's 6 more spaces the Rechets have to drop deeper into the enemy's junk.
What is the point of drafting Iskra if not to bring along the Rechets. Might as well scrap her from a draft too. Granted Life Drain is a sweet ability in and of itself.

Quote:
If you put future turns on the Rechets, you're likely to lose turns if Iskra fails to summon. The problem isn't the turn they're summoned, but the fact you have to spend turns summoning them and you can't plan markers for them in advance.
Really, who would do this?
I don't think the Rechets should be the driving force to activate Iskra.
They're a nice bossom or late blooming ability that is a keen, very neat, synergy we haven't yet seen in the game.
Of course, I'm never talking of their goodiness in competitive (tournament) situations either. But strictly their fun factor and putting a nagging monkey wrench in your opoponent's plans and strategy.
In addition, think of the family! Cyprien and his 8 movement/Stealth Flying is going to be a HUGE target and prime objective to the opponent. The thought that the Rechets are hoving on the peripheal surely makes the opposition sweat and start double-thinking his objectives.

Quote:
With Morsbane and his 6 clear sight spaces, he should have other options - if he fails, try again. If he suceeds, look around, and see what else needs negating/destroying.
Morsbane has a beefy 6 life, Iskra has Blood Drain. These folks are likely to stick around for a while. Their relieable life-force schematics work well with their unpredictable surprise powers.

Again, this is me discussing purely in the vein of fun of the game, not the durned competitive army vision. Blegh.
I don't want to downplay any new unit until I've seen it played numerous times (as I look warily over at the Ashigaru riflemen and spearmen...)
Old July 6th, 2007, 05:46 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Again, this is me discussing purely in the vein of fun of the game, not the durned competitive army vision. Blegh.
True enough, which happens to be why I have quite a bit of experience with Morsbane

I don't think they're bad by any stretch of the imagination, I'm just frustrated how closely tied they are to Iskra, but how non fluidly they actually play with her. It seems like Iskra should be able to command her fiends once she summons them. Right now I think they're really more of a really really special attack for Iskra than a unit on their own. I guess I just expected them to play more as one unit than they do.
Old July 6th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Emeritus Admin

The roll of 14 or more is the one glaring requisite, that makes me wary.
But then the conditions placed upon them (Iskra, really) has me wondering if playtesting has proven how potent the Rechets could be.
Old July 6th, 2007, 08:04 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
Or, don't use an order marker on Iskra. Use the Utgar FB to activate her and her Esenwein Lord. Advance her that way with the option to bring out the Rechets. Meanwhile, somebody else is driving your opponent to distraction on turn 1 and 2, with number 3 being your option: call it "Johnny's gambit" if you like.
Old July 6th, 2007, 08:28 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Just to point out something that folks don't seem to be mentioning.....the Rechets can spawn next to an enemy.

That's huge.

They can spawn into a position that allows you to pin down and potentially destroy enemy figures with their free turn....an ability the AE don't have.
Old July 6th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Emeritus Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231

They can spawn into a position that allows you to pin down and potentially destroy enemy figures with their free turn....an ability the AE don't have.
Adjacent to figures an on glyphs!
I'm loving this guys.
Mathmen, what is the percentage to roll 3 skulls on three attempts?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units