Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Notices

Old November 7th, 2015, 03:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Design Holocron of Bespin Landing Platforms

No road bonus, I specifically broke up the road tiles to prevent one after my first test of the map. It just played way too quickly with figures running down the hall around the corner and engaging a ranged opponent before they could get a single shot off.
Old November 7th, 2015, 03:31 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Yodaking , you may want to specify in the special rules in the OP that you cannot use road bonus. I just finished that set of Jabba tests and I'm building this one next!

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 7th, 2015, 03:48 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

No need, the road tiles never run connected together long enough for the bonus to kick in. I can make a note of it somewhere warning people not to house rule concrete as road but the base rules would not allow it. Maybe a FAQ?

Q: Are the concrete and asphalt tiles on this map suppose to be considered road tiles for the purposes of granting the road walk bonus?

A: No, the concrete and asphalt tiles were specifically placed in a strategic fashion in order to break up the road tiles and deny the road walk bonus from coming into play here. Granting the road walk bonus to the concrete and asphalt tiles on this map would result in it no longer being considered a competitive map for play testing and tournament play.
Old November 7th, 2015, 03:48 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Here is something I threw together in Photoshop to print out to make the map before we get the PDF made. Its in 8x10 inch format for a regular paper sheet.
Build instructions In the spoiler.
Spoiler Alert!

EDIT: I like what you did with the Q&A to explain the road bonus.

Old November 7th, 2015, 05:39 PM
"like" happy

I just built this one on one of my game tables. I didn't realize it but it expands out further than my carbon freeze map. I had to move it to my larger game table. Visually it looks pretty good. I made a bunch of custom terrain out of my asphalt a long time ago but put it together with concrete and road tile. I'll just play it without road bonus-period. One other thing. The vs file has doors on doorways, and your physical picture shows them without. Did you design this to be played with doors? I may do some Leia tests on it now.

Old November 7th, 2015, 11:06 PM
C3G Landlord

No doors.
Old November 9th, 2015, 10:31 PM
C3G Landlord

Any other thoughts on this before I start running tests? I'm planning on using this map for some tests this week.
Old November 9th, 2015, 10:55 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Any other thoughts on this before I start running tests? I'm planning on using this map for some tests this week.
No, it looks pretty solid. I have this map up and want to test on it as well. Are you using the special rules for the glyph on all tests?

Old November 9th, 2015, 11:21 PM
C3G Landlord

Yeah, I'm going to use the glyph rules and hopefully perfect those with some tests. I seem to recall wanting the rule in play to keep figures from staying back in their start zone on high ground and refusing to come inside to play.
Old November 10th, 2015, 10:23 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Yeah, I'm going to use the glyph rules and hopefully perfect those with some tests. I seem to recall wanting the rule in play to keep figures from staying back in their start zone on high ground and refusing to come inside to play.
After looking at the map build I came to that conclusion. I'm really stoked to play some games on it, but didn't feel up to it last night after my root canal at the dentist.

Old November 10th, 2015, 01:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Cool, lets make this official then since both of us will be running tests on this map soon.

I propose we move this map into play testing.

Yoda -
Koolster -
TREX -
Ninja -

Last edited by Yodaking; November 11th, 2015 at 10:06 PM.
Old November 10th, 2015, 03:10 PM
C3G Landlord

Here is what I came up with for the Bio:

Bio - The Bespin system is home to a tibanna gas mining operation. As such it managed to avoid falling under the jurisdiction of the Empire as well as the mining guild, going unnoticed for many years. The lack of Imperial taxes and government red tape, as well the anonymity provided led to a brisk pace of business with cargo being loaded and unloaded daily from the many landing plat forms that dot the city. Located among the clouds in the Bespin Gas Giant's Life Zone, the landing platforms are also one of the few access point into the city. A fact not gone unnoticed by Space Pirates who have attempted to raid the city and steal the valuable tibanna gas instead of purchasing it. Thus defensive measures have been taken to defend each landing platform from unwanted guest.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape