Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Old November 4th, 2015, 06:39 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
The Holocron of Bespin Landing Platforms

The Holocron of Bespin Landing Platforms Map

HoSS Set Name

A HoSS Competitive Map

Original design by Yodaking

Required sets: 2 Castle & 2 Marvel Sets
*This map uses the HoSS Container, Crate, & Chemical Canister DOs

Map Bio - The Bespin System is home to a small tibanna gas mining operation. As such it managed to avoid falling under the jurisdiction of the Empire as well as the Mining Guild, going unnoticed for several years. The lack of Imperial taxes and government red tape, as well the anonymity provided, led to a brisk pace of business with cargo being loaded and unloaded daily from the many landing platforms that dot the city. Located among the clouds in the Bespin Gas Giant's Life Zone, the landing platforms are also one of the few access points into the city, a fact not gone unnoticed by numerous Space Pirates who have attempted to raid the city and steal the valuable tibanna gas. As a result, defensive measures have been taken to defend each landing platform from unwanted guests.

-Special rules and Clarifications-
• Castle Doors are not used on this map.
• This HoSS map incorporates some HoSS Destructible Objects. Their location is marked on the map by different colored start zone dots.

2 Yellow Dots = 2 Crate DO's on each tile.
2 Green Dots = 1 Container DO on each tile.
2 Orange Dots = 2 Chemical Canister DO on each tile.

The Bespin Landing Platforms are well defended. These defenses are operated locally by the Defense System Control Panel Glyph which is represented by the Glyph of Brandar. At the end of each round, whoever controls the Platform Defenses Control Glyph may target any one figure on the landing platforms with the Bespin Defense Cannon Special Attack. The landing platforms consist of all concrete and asphalt tiles in and around the immediate vicinity of the red and blue start zone spaces. Figures targeted by the Bespin Defense Cannon Special Attack never have height advantage.

BESPIN DEFENSE CANNON SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special, Attack 4
All figures adjacent to the targeted figure are also affected by this special attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures, roll defense dice separately.

-FAQ-
Q:
Are the concrete and asphalt tiles on this map suppose to be considered road tiles for the purposes of granting the road walk bonus?

A: No, the concrete and asphalt tiles were specifically placed in a strategic fashion in order to break up the road tiles and deny the road walk bonus from coming into play here. Granting the road walk bonus to the concrete and asphalt tiles on this map would result in it no longer being considered a competitive map for play testing and tournament play.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
• TBA
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
• First playtest: TREX
• Second playtest: Yodaking
• Third playtest: hose
-PDF created by: DanieLoche

Last edited by mac122; January 12th, 2021 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Updated image link
Old November 4th, 2015, 06:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Design Holocron of Bespin Landing Platforms

Here is what the Bespin Landing Platforms looks like after some tweaks based on testing feedback.

VS file (2 Marvel & 2 Castle Sets)

----------------------------------------------------------------
The glyph idea can be tweaked some but the general idea for what I'm going for should come across. In the two games I ran on the map using the glyph above, one was heroes vs heroes and the SA was only used twice, dealing 1W. The bigger impact it had was just on the player tactics, with one figure moving inside earlier rather then staying put in the start zone. In the other test I had heroes vs. the 10th Foot x4 + MDG and the SA was not used even once. The heroes all moved inside right away but never grabbed the glyph because they preferred to say back behind a Container or moved up onto the steps for high ground. The 10th Foot still spread out the figures left back in the SZ just to be safe and limit any potential attack to just 1 figure. They also went around the hex the glyph was on rather then stop on it.

Last edited by Yodaking; December 30th, 2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old November 4th, 2015, 06:47 PM
C3G Landlord

I'm going to archive the history of the map development in the next few posts by copying over what was posted in the Brainstorming thread. I feel like we are pretty far along the development process for this map as I've already ran some tests on it and made changes based on those test results. But it has been a while since we really discussed it so having the related posts here, easy to find and review, should help move things along.
Old November 4th, 2015, 06:48 PM
C3G Landlord

I gave the landing platforms another try and I'm actually pretty happy with what I came up with. It is two platforms connected by a hallway that leads to a set of steps heading off to the Bespin central complex. The 6 yellow spots are where 2 containers are to be placed, the 4 green spots are where Crates are located, and the 2 orange spots are for Canisters. Each army has a 24 hex start zone that is spread out over the two landing platforms, representing the recent and rapid deployment off a spaceship that then left. Leave the castle doors off of course, and if you look at the VS file, the sand tiles are actually the warehouse ruin bases.

Bespin Landing Platform - 2 Marvel & 2 Castle Set

With all the DO's spread about and the set of steps at the far end of the hallway, I think this map could work for a nice Vader/Luke duel as well. Have each one start out on one platform with some allies.

I was also thinking we may need to put a glyph at the end of the short wall that divides the two platform entryways in order to insure one team doesn't just stay on the platform and refuse to move (since it is one level higher then the hallway. That could be the location of a control panel that allows you to access the Bespin Defensive grid. Whoever controls the glyph at the end of the round can 'attack' any figure on either landing platform. Either a true SA dice roll vs. defense, or an auto-wound, or a d20 roll for a wound. It could effect one figure or target up to 3 different figures.
Old November 4th, 2015, 06:52 PM
C3G Landlord

After spending yesterday working up those two maps in VS, I went ahead and built them both today to see what they would look like together.

Bespin Landing Platforms

Old November 4th, 2015, 06:53 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
looks cool yoda, how many destructible objects do you plan on putting in the map?(I created my destructible containers the other night, and will be duplicating them a number of times with my instant mold.) It really does change the perspective of the map when you build it, rather than just building it in Virtualscape. I challenge our Boss group to sometimes build the map, see how it is in real time before posting major critiques on it. I think I will build up the couple of ideas I had tonight to throw them in the ring as well.
As for the # of DO's, what you see in the photo was what I was thinking after building the map. The white dice are containers (2 per space on 4 spots), the D20's are crates (4 total, 1 out on each of the platforms), & the little brown mailboxes are canisters (2). The canisters are next to the single hex of high ground inside the hallway, that way if a figure with good defense ends up there you can always go after the canister and try for an auto-wound, or just hit them both with an AoE SA. All of them are just spread out near the platform entrances, as if they were some cargo looking to get loaded up or was recently off loaded.
Old November 4th, 2015, 06:54 PM
C3G Landlord

I ran a couple of tests today using the Bespin Landing Platforms map above. The Road Tiles in the hall way ended up being pretty significant as I was using the 10th Foot, w/move boosted by MDG to 6, for a move of 9 once they left the landing platform area. They were able to just charge across from entrance area to the other without really exposing themselves to ranged attacks due to the center wall. I think I want to see if I can move some tiles around such that the Hallway is filled with concrete and asphalt while the road tiles are used elsewhere. It just played a bit too fast. The DO's really had little to no impact as a result since everyone was being engaged right away. I also did not play the games with a glyph for operating the Bespin platform defenses, I'll try to do so in the future as it would certainly would have had an impact if a figure had to stop on the glyph.

*Update* I wasn't able to completely swap out all the road tiles but I was able to swap out enough to break up the road bonus. I want to see how the board plays now that you can't run wild on it.
Old November 4th, 2015, 06:56 PM
C3G Landlord

I ended up rerunning my tests on the Bespin Landing Platforms (what was the number from the movie again?) with tiles moved around to effectively negate any chance for a road tile bonus. The games went much better this time around with the positioning of your figures and use of the DO's much more significant. I often found myself shooting and destroying the DO's when no other targets were about just to deny their use to my opponent or open up a hex for movement. I also incorporated a Platforms Defenses Control glyph that ended up being used sparingly but added to the tactics uses none-the-less. I even moved the DOs around between games and tried them out in different starting positions. I'm pretty happy with the map now and will post the updated file soon along with all proposed rules for the map.
Old November 4th, 2015, 07:02 PM
C3G Landlord

It looks like I never posted an actual map PT report, but I used the map in some BoSS testing for a figure that is going to be released here shortly. Once that figure is released I'll put together a map PT based on those PT reports and post it here as it's initial if that is okay with everyone.

Other things to do:

Create a Bio.
Did we want to name the map after the platforms referenced in the movie?
Should I link to the DO's used somewhere?
Everyone happy with the glyph idea? Tweaks or changes needed?
Have another BoSS member build it and run a few tests.
Old November 5th, 2015, 04:27 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Argh toi much texte and not enough time to read... XD

I'll see this week-end about the DO thing.(and about jabba's palace)

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old November 5th, 2015, 07:15 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice looking map YK!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 7th, 2015, 11:51 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I think the map looks good. I'm not against naming the platforms after the movie or leaving them just how they are. It would be good to reference with a link to the DO objects. One question. Does the whole map have road bonus? When we play at my place the asphalt is considered road. I also love the idea of the glyph giving a special attack. You could also provide a second Battlefront scenario by adding additional glyph control points. After I run my Jabba tests today I'll build this map to run my next tests on. Looking good yoda.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape