Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old April 11th, 2012, 06:13 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: HS2010'S Map Thread! Lookout Canyon 4/11/12

You know, you are able to edit. Just press the "edit" button next to the "quote" button. Thanks, for the kind words, you may just break in after all.
Old April 11th, 2012, 06:32 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: HS2010'S Map Thread! Lookout Canyon 4/11/12

Updated Lookout Canyon!!!

Narrator Voice - "From the imagination of heroscaper2010 and the creators of Turret Rock and Embattled Fen, I present to you:

Lookout Canyon
Requires: 1 RotV
"

Note: This map was inspired by kahrma's Turret Rock and Gamebear's Embattled Fen, but kahrma nor Gamebear had anything to do with the making of the map. The intro was just for an interesting post.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 12:49 PM

Re: HS2010'S Map Thread! Fiery Dungeon 4/22/12

Today, I am proud to present my first ever Lava map, Fiery Dungeon! I hope to hear that it is very satisfying and enjoyable. So without further a due, Fiery Dungeon...

Fiery Dungeon
Requires: 1 BftU, 1 VW

All comments are appreciated. I'm not sure that Thorian is the glyph to go with on such a small map...Suggestions? Attack +1?

Also, is it dangerous to put all of the Lava in the middle with almost no 'safe zone' or is that a strategic way to build a BftU/VW lava map.

One last thing, are the water on top of the dungeon placed strategically. I tried to place them to where figures had to maneuver around them to get out of the SZ's but still wonder if they could be placed a bit more strategically.

Last edited by Sheep; April 22nd, 2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 01:41 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: HS2010'S Map Thread! Fiery Dungeon 4/22/12

Warning: gratuitous theoryscaping to follow:
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Today, I am proud to present my first ever Lava map, Fiery Dungeon! I hope to hear that it is very satisfying and enjoyable. So without further a due, Fiery Dungeon...

Fiery Dungeon
Requires: 1 BftU, 1 VW

All comments are appreciated.
Pic's broken.
Quote:
I'm not sure that Thorian is the glyph to go with on such a small map...Suggestions? Attack +1?
Thorian is never the glyph to go with on a basic tournament map. It can be well used in scenarios, but it's too hard on too many armies for open tournament use (the way Ivor swings the other way).
Quote:
Also, is it dangerous to put all of the Lava in the middle with almost no 'safe zone' or is that a strategic way to build a BftU/VW lava map.
I love it. I'm of the bent that it keeps the action moving. It's a bit rougher on melee units who can easily get locked in engagement making it risky for them to step off the lava near the end of the round, but that also means that they're probably keeping their opponent on the lava as well.
Quote:
One last thing, are the water on top of the dungeon placed strategically. I tried to place them to where figures had to maneuver around them to get out of the SZ's but still wonder if they could be placed a bit more strategically.
I did notice that the water on the inside edge seemed to be intentionally placed to even out the walking distance with that of the outside edge. (I'm terrible at employing water well, though, so I don't have too much to offer on that topic.)

A few other considerations:

The long plain between the start zones and the areas of interest (height and glyph) will be very hard on a melee army facing a ranged army. If you're able to pull them even just 1 or 2 hexes closer in it will make a huge difference.

With a path only one space wide between molten lava and outcrops the high ground will be incredibly easy to lock down. Fortunately, keeping it all lava will mitigate that, since units camped up there will tend to die.

No specific suggestion for which glyph to use, but at 11 walking spaces from the SZs it's in the "Death Zone" for glyphs-rats can get there in 2 turns, but any unit with a move of 5 or less will need 3 turns. Pulling the SZs closer together will improve that also.

For some awesome (but general) map-building analysis check out mad_wookiee's Cartographer's Toolbox. I've found his insights to be invaluable.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old June 24th, 2012, 12:17 PM

Re: HS2010'S Map Thread! Esenwien Mansion added 6/24/12

My latest evil creation (since I got Marcu and Cyprien Saturday from Auggies, they needed a place to stay) :

ESENWIEN MANSION
Requires: 1 Auggies Custom Lava Set + 4 Custom Lava 7 hexes, 2 Castles + 8 ladders + 50 battlements

Esenwien Mansion .pdf

Last edited by Sheep; June 26th, 2012 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Added link to .pdf and photo
Old June 24th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

That's awesome. I really want to get another castle and an Auggie's lava set!

That's a neat castle design for the Vampires especially, they have plenty of room to fly.
Old June 24th, 2012, 01:42 PM

The original design was to be Shurrak's Castle (pun of Bowser's Castle) but now it's Esenwien Mansion (pun of Luigi's Mansion).

Esenwien Mansion is to Pun of Luigi's Mansion as Aragorn is to Son of Arathorn.

Now that's punny!
Old June 26th, 2012, 04:40 PM

The .pdf is ready for Esenwien Mansion.

Here. I added a few things to use more of the leftovers. Also, added some battlements around the base.

Changes to the requirements are: +20 ladders and +44 battlements for a total of:

1 Auggies Custom Lava Set + 4 Custom Lava 7 hex + 2 Castles + 88 ladders + 50 battlements

Last edited by Sheep; June 26th, 2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old July 4th, 2012, 09:02 PM

HS2010'S Map Thread! The Heated Lagoon added 7/4/12

My newest Fiery addition:

The Heated Lagoon
Uses: 1 SotM, 1 VW

Not very thematic for the day is it?

Last edited by Sheep; July 5th, 2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old July 4th, 2012, 09:11 PM

Re: HS2010'S Map Thread! The Heated Lagoon added 7/4/12

I like this map. The Glyph is just out of Raelin's Aura's reach and not on the highest point of the map. However the highest point of the map may be hardest to get to, and should be. This map also prevents Z-Bombs. On the flip side it takes anything with 5+ move (single spaced, no flying) 2 turns to be on the Glyph and anything with 4- move 3 turns. So what this means, Rats can reach it and be on it, while Knights wouldn't be on it but would be adjacent to the Rat.
Old July 4th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Awesome Esenwien Mansion.
Old July 10th, 2012, 02:56 PM

Thanks, MS. However, like SoA said, it could use some Skellies.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios