Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 30th, 2021, 08:15 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Not so sure about the personality of Tricky. It doesn't seem Tricky at all, tbh. Protector seems fine...but that combo of tricky and protector doesn't jive, and I think the power set doesn't really align to that either.

Other than that small gripe, I REALLY like what you've done here. I think you've created a unique design that's not overly complicated. The 2 powers on the solar theme really go well together and I love the imagery of this thing just charging its batteries for an hour before coming in for a smash. I also love that to get it to it's fullest potential you literally have to sit it inactive for a round, which in the endgame really makes it kinda useless. So I can see it being a really fun Mid-game shark that comes in to blast a hole or two in the front line of an opponent before burning up itself.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 31st, 2021, 11:20 AM

KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker

Thank you! I think you are right, do you think precise or resolute fits better? I lean towards resolute because of the protector class.
Old December 31st, 2021, 11:39 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I think that's a great design. I agree with Sir H, and I think either of the 2 personalities you have proposed to replace tricky, would be much more fitting.
Old December 31st, 2021, 03:13 PM

KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I think that's a great design. I agree with Sir H, and I think either of the 2 personalities you have proposed to replace tricky, would be much more fitting.
Great! Thank you for the input! It has been brought to my attention that the wording for the removal of solar markers paired with double attack is a bit confusing. Do others feel this way as well? And does anyone have an idea for clearer wording? I was toying with the idea of removing 1 solar marker at the end of his turn for each attack he made.
Old January 1st, 2022, 02:58 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightOfLight View Post
t the wording for the removal of solar markers paired with double attack is a bit confusing. Do others feel this way as well? And does anyone have an idea for clearer wording? I was toying with the idea of removing 1 solar marker at the end of his turn for each attack he made.
If that's your intention, I'm sure the wording can be ironed out over time. Maybe @Dad_Scaper could chime in on a preference?

I think the design looks ready to begin hammering out some playtests!
Old January 1st, 2022, 09:05 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

For Ignis' power Firecaster, the power should specify that you may place a previously destroyed Fire Elemental.

Old January 1st, 2022, 11:06 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Great! Thank you for the input! It has been brought to my attention that the wording for the removal of solar markers paired with double attack is a bit confusing. Do others feel this way as well? And does anyone have an idea for clearer wording? I was toying with the idea of removing 1 solar marker at the end of his turn for each attack he made.
I'd just say to remove it after the turn. You have to invest "wasted" turns on him anyway to beef up...so it's fine to trade 1 marker (or 1 wound) for each turn.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 1st, 2022, 11:38 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

What’s the concern here? It seems clear enough to me.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 1st, 2022, 05:28 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Just say remove a marker after each attack instead of after attacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 1st, 2022, 06:03 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
What’s the concern here? It seems clear enough to me.
It’s unclear as currently worded whether you have to remove a marker after each attack, or whether “after attacking” refers to after attacking with both attacks (it’s intended to be the former).
Old January 1st, 2022, 06:15 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Solar Powered triggers "after attacking," which may happen (according to Double Attack) "one additional time." You are concerned that someone might read "after attacking" to mean "after the attacking phase of the turn."

You can clarify that one of two ways, depending on the effect you want:
1) "after each attack" (clarifying that "attack" refers to the act, and not the phase of the turn)
2) "after taking a turn"

It seems to me that, as is, it clearly triggers after each *separate* attack. But if you want to clarify it further, that's my 2c.

All that said, I am not on Editing in the SoV. As I tell people who ask similar questions in Help With Wurdz, if this is going to the SoV, there are experts in Editing who ensure conformance with existing language, and they do a better job than I do.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 2nd, 2022, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Solar Powered triggers "after attacking," which may happen (according to Double Attack) "one additional time." You are concerned that someone might read "after attacking" to mean "after the attacking phase of the turn."

You can clarify that one of two ways, depending on the effect you want:
1) "after each attack" (clarifying that "attack" refers to the act, and not the phase of the turn)
2) "after taking a turn"

It seems to me that, as is, it clearly triggers after each *separate* attack. But if you want to clarify it further, that's my 2c.

All that said, I am not on Editing in the SoV. As I tell people who ask similar questions in Help With Wurdz, if this is going to the SoV, there are experts in Editing who ensure conformance with existing language, and they do a better job than I do.
Okay great! Thank you for clearing that up! I think I know how I’ll adjust it! I do want it to be after every attack, so I’ll use the “each attack” wording! Of my playtests reveal that that is to debilitating, I’ll adjust it to after taking a turn! Thank you all for your input and help!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards